M201 not what I expected..

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
I've been vaping for about 2 months now, and I currently use several e-cig models depending on mood (VK / KR808 for convenience and going out, 510,901 for at home vaping on my silver bullet at 6v, just for example). I've messed with 801's, but they don't have enough flavor or kick for me, even at high voltage, so because of several reviews I've read here, and video reviews as well, I decided to get a couple of M201 attys and see for myself how they perform.

I was mostly interested in the 201 since every posting i've seen about them, everyone claims they have superior wicking performance, throat hit, and vapor production. What I have discovered (both attys), is the draw is insanely tight compared to every other model I've tried, and while the throat hit seems ok, the flavor and vapor production is abysmal.

To be fair, I did not buy 201 batteries, I just picked up 2 attys from litecig at the same time I purchased a Vapre-51 kit. The mod works fine, and from what I can tell it is not restricting airflow to the 201 attys, so I don't believe that to be the problem.

So, is this normal? Did I get 2 bad attys? Am I expecting too much (considering that my minimum baseline is cartomizers for low volts and 510/901 for high volts)?

I have a suspicion that the problems I have are airflow related, but I've also seen a couple of posts where people mention the tighter draw on 201's, but it seems excessive to me...

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
The m201 should perform like the 510 in Vapor production and throat hit. They are by far the best PV I have tried and I have tried them all. The attys are very robust....they last a very long time....easily over a month. I used to toss my 510 attys every week. Flavor wise they are far better than the 901 and on par with a very moist 510 atty... but unlike the 510 they don;t burn the flavor out after a few hits.

The airflow is tight on them....but I have a feeling you're flooding the attys. Blow out the excess liquid and let them rest for a day and then try it again. It could also be that your mod is not working well with the m201 attys. Believe me the vapor production should be more than any other atty.

Charlie58

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2009
Florida,U.S.A.
My 201 is my favorite PV so far it has good vapor,doesn't have an extremely hard draw and good taste. The only down side is that all I have is 24mg juice and will need to order 12-18 mg because it is too strong now. I have had it for a little over two weeks and have pretty much retired my 510s and J118s. The only thing I use other than it is my 510 pass through and that only occasionaly.
The batteries last 4 or5 hrs and the attys don't burn my juice like my 510s did on occasion.
As you can tell I am well satisfied with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread