m401 atty spazz out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demorphius

Jul 11, 2009
Miami, FL
This morning my PV stopped working.. Here's a little background story, maybe you'll catch something I did wrong;

Last night, I loaded two carts, which is what I vape in my breaks at work always with some leftovers. I charged two batteries, but one battery usually is more than enough. I cleaned my atty with hot water, which i've been doing since I got it Monday and it never made an issue. I left it in a box under a paper towel overnight (10+ hours to dry) and went to bed.

This morning, right as I was getting ready to go to work, I put the m401 together and vaped as I got dressed and ready to leave. It was working fine. I got in the car, and as I was halfway to work, I got a nasty taste that made me cough a bit. At a light, I checked the atty and it seemed fine (lack of light, it was 5AM..) so I shrugged it off, and put the atty back on. I tried to vape, and nothing came out. I kept trying to do quick drags to see if it made any vapor and nothing. I got irritated and took a stronger drag, and I got a mouthful of juice. I spat it out, rinsed my mouth off with coffee (I carry a tumbler every morning) and descided to stop trying. I was a little upset to say the least. I'd just gotten it Monday and it died on me! Or so it seemed.

As I got to work I ran the atty under hot tap water, and put it in my shirt pocket for most of the day 'till i get my urges to vape at about.. Say 11AM. I went outside (can't vape inside. My boss swears it's smoke) and almost praying put the atty on, the cart and took a drag.. Nice clean vapor! I thought it had been the battery all along! I was happy, vaping away and I slooowly it stopped working again. I was so frustrated. I got maybe two drags (small ones, I was being careful not to overwork it) and it died on me again! I switched batteries, and nothing. Switched carts, to a topped off one, and I got some vapor out of that one, but after maybe two more drags it stopped again.

I got out of work, and on my way home I stopped by to get some analogs in case I'd have to order new atties to get me through the waiting days. I get home (had an analog in the car, couldn't help myself) took the atty off and look at it. I descided to see if the atty itself would turn on without a cart on, so I blew into the LED to activate the battery and it hissed a little as it came on. I was puzzled, so I dripped two drops of juice on the atty, put the same cart that I was using this morning, took a quick drag and I got the most beautiful amount of vapor I've ever gotten from this puppy. So I'm sitting here now vaping away as I'm typing this wondering what I did wrong?

Here's what I came up with;

1- I didn't drip some juice onto the atty this morning. I always do, and I forgot today

2- The battery fluked out on me and now it's working fine

3- Fate demanded I purchased analogs (Gotta love those Newports) and so it made the atty trick me all day long..

4- I'm a total amateur and I don't know how to take drags (lol)

Any suggestions and comments are more than welcome!!

Parmacrafter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Parma, Idaho, USA
I have had that happen before. Here is what I figured out. First off, buy extra attys so you are never without. Second, when I had washed and dried my atty I had forgotten one important thing. The atty has tiny holes that tend to get water in them. If those holes didn't dry out it would have caused a temporary short in the battery/atomizer connection. So, here's a little trick to help. After you wash and dry before you put it together...... get a napkin or tissue. Blow through the atty from the side you screw into the battery. If there is still water in it this will push it through. Then make sure to wipe the threads off. I haven't had that problem since. Hope this helps you out. Don't forget to get those extra atty's. They only have a life of about 4-6 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread