The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

M401 Manual Battery not shutting off

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by legbuh, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. legbuh

legbuh Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2009
    Well, it does shut off, but not for a few seconds (must be a failsafe built in).

I dropped one on a tile floor last night and saw the light come on and thought "hmm.. was that my auto?" Nope, it was a manual.

Now when I press the button it turns on but won't shut off when I release and will shut off after about 5 seconds.

Any idea on how to fix this? Kinda stinks. :)

2. Guineahill

Guineahill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I dropped an auto and it responded by not shutting off until the cut off time was reached every time I took a drag. Then I would have to wait through the time out to use it again. Eventually I put it in my little bag of dysfunctional batteries due to frustration. I don't know of any way to fix this once it has occurred. :(

3. mvc

mvc Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Canada
    You should be able to9 shut it manually by blowing back after you pull the puff, or if you wait to the autoshut, then you can start again by blowing a bit and then pulling air - at least thats what I do with one of mine that had this since beginning. Just to clarify its an KR808D-1, not M401, I am guessing the idea should work too.

4. Wench

Wench Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 16, 2009
    Pensacola, Fl.
    401 is microphonic ( sound activated), KR808's are suction switch. Totally different.

legbuh,
    I lost 2 manual 401's.. 1 to dropping , 1 to leaky juice *oops*
    I recovered one of them by popping the button out and checking that everything was seated well and gave both a cleaning by using a papertowel rolled up and going through the button hole.
    I figured at that point, nothing to lose anyway lmao

5. mvc

mvc Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Canada
    Wench, any advice how to open the battery? I have one manual 401 that gives permanent power to the contacts (it was working perfectly before) but it doesn't power the atty. I want to open it up with a chance to close it afterward... :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.