M401 Manual Battery not shutting off

Status
Not open for further replies.

legbuh

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Well, it does shut off, but not for a few seconds (must be a failsafe built in).

I dropped one on a tile floor last night and saw the light come on and thought "hmm.. was that my auto?" Nope, it was a manual.

Now when I press the button it turns on but won't shut off when I release and will shut off after about 5 seconds.

Any idea on how to fix this? Kinda stinks. :)

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I dropped an auto and it responded by not shutting off until the cut off time was reached every time I took a drag. Then I would have to wait through the time out to use it again. Eventually I put it in my little bag of dysfunctional batteries due to frustration. I don't know of any way to fix this once it has occurred. :(

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
I dropped an auto and it responded by not shutting off until the cut off time was reached every time I took a drag. Then I would have to wait through the time out to use it again. Eventually I put it in my little bag of dysfunctional batteries due to frustration. I don't know of any way to fix this once it has occurred. :(
You should be able to9 shut it manually by blowing back after you pull the puff, or if you wait to the autoshut, then you can start again by blowing a bit and then pulling air - at least thats what I do with one of mine that had this since beginning. Just to clarify its an KR808D-1, not M401, I am guessing the idea should work too.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
You should be able to9 shut it manually by blowing back after you pull the puff, or if you wait to the autoshut, then you can start again by blowing a bit and then pulling air - at least thats what I do with one of mine that had this since beginning. Just to clarify its an KR808D-1, not M401, I am guessing the idea should work too.

401 is microphonic ( sound activated), KR808's are suction switch. Totally different.

legbuh,
I lost 2 manual 401's.. 1 to dropping , 1 to leaky juice *oops*
I recovered one of them by popping the button out and checking that everything was seated well and gave both a cleaning by using a papertowel rolled up and going through the button hole.
I figured at that point, nothing to lose anyway lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread