M401 Threads / Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
Hey, all. Thanks for the great information on this forum. After reading reviews and whatnot, I'm seriously interested in the GGTS. Only problem is, I own about 100 M401 Atomizers. I'm curious about the reason that none of the modders use the M401 and / or sell the 501 / M401 adapter. From what I can tell, it would just be a barrel connector (same threads on both ends). I have a couple of custom jobs on order, but I like the M401 atty so much, it just surprises me that noone designs for / adapts to it. It looks like the GGTS adapts to everything but the M401. Imeo, Why the exclusion?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Hey, all. Thanks for the great information on this forum. After reading reviews and whatnot, I'm seriously interested in the GGTS. Only problem is, I own about 100 M401 Atomizers. I'm curious about the reason that none of the modders use the M401 and / or sell the 501 / M401 adapter. From what I can tell, it would just be a barrel connector (same threads on both ends). I have a couple of custom jobs on order, but I like the M401 atty so much, it just surprises me that noone designs for / adapts to it. It looks like the GGTS adapts to everything but the M401. Imeo, Why the exclusion?

No one asked me so I didnt make this adapter friend:)

VaporKings_Michelle

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
Oklahoma

They do make adapters to M401. We are the process of ordering some. They will adapt the GG to the M401's.

Thanks
Michelle

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
That is the same thread as the 510 but in reverse. Male female. You can screw a 510 atty into a 401 atty. I like the M401 too but like you said they are just not that well accepted with the high voltage modders world. I had a M401 adapter for the PS Pass thru and was not that thrilled with the performance. It would always burn my juice. So be careful with this set up with the higher mAh batteries and they were really not good at high voltage.

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. From what I read, the difference between the ~3.1V the stock batts put out and the 3.7 you get from a long life Li Cell make a world of difference. I've been using mine almost exclusively with the USB P/T because the stock batteries are so weak.

At some point, I'll probably switch to one of the more popular HV Styles (i7 with an AFS 2.0?), but I want to make sure I really like whatever I switch to before I dump my stock of 401 Attys at a loss. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get as much use out of them as I can, so I'm trying to stick to mods that support them (limited). If the 510/401 adapter comes through, I can try some of the upscale units before committing to the switch

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
I use my Slims pretty much exclusively now with 401 atomisers, I just find the smaller diameter round mouthpiece more comfortable (compared to 510), and for me taste seems better than 901 (plus I prefer the 401 inner cart).
I got my adaptor from a seller in the UK last year, but sadly the website seems to have gone. I'd love a brass adaptor to match the brass Slim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread