Mad Murdock's Radiator Pluid: Worth the hype???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
As usual, I am using my ego twist with a LR bridgeless atty for direct dripping. But since I do not know the vg ratio, or the nic content of this juice, I am not going to comment on throat hit or vapor production.

Color- Cloudy, medium green. Kinda like Emerald

Smell- Sweet, black licorice. Permeating...this juice smells STRONG. You can smell it through the packaging when it arrives. I was afraid it was leaking I could smell it so strong. No leaks though.

Flavor- Licorice or anise, and other things

Flavor Strength- Strong+ 4.5/5

Sweetness- Medium++ 3.75/5

Opinion- This juice defies all logic... I should not like this at all! In fact, it should make my nose crinkle up like I am smelling bad cheese. It should make me run to the bathroom to brush my teeth frantically to get rid of the taste! So why doesn't any of that happen? I am not someone who ever enjoyed licorice or anise or absinthe, or anything with remotely the same flavor profile, yet I adore this! It is a very complex flavor, and I keep thinking I am getting a hint of lime with it? That could just be my brain following a suggestion given off by the juice color though? I'm not entirely sure. I can, without a doubt, see why so many people love this flavor. It kind of makes you feel a little like a bad .... Its edgy, and daring... The flavor is bold and in your face but somehow at the same time... not too much. Same with the sweetness, its just right! The only thing that freaks me out about the juice is the color... I just don't like the idea of vaping food coloring. I will say it's the prettiest green liquid I've ever seen! And I will definitely be throwing caution to the wind to finish my bottle. I would recommend this juice to everyone, whether you like licorice or not. Just from what I have seen locally, my modest guestimation is that at least 85% of all vapers would like this flavor. I haven't actually met anyone that didn't yet... and I have been making people I know try it all day!

I give this 9/10 (I will change it to a 10 when they make a no-color-added version that tastes the same)

Last edited:

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
Thank you, I guess that's the only probably way currently? Why can't he make enough to always have stock?

Sorry, haven't followed his thread much, but I've been in an out a few time and never saw mention of why there's never any stock.

Subscribing probably wouldn't help either, I'd get updates all day every day from users posting, and even if I check each day there's usually 20+ pages a day to look through. Hope there is a better way soon, I'd love to check it out, and the Orange one too!

MamaBird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
I am not sure why this flavor is so hard to get. I do not know allot about the company...I don't know if he employs mixers or if he does all the mixing on his own. If he is doing it by himself though...that would be a good reason as to why it is hard to get. It is definitely one of the most popular flavors out there...with one of the biggest followings out there. I imagine that would be next to impossible to keep up with. It could also be a business tactic though too... notice how apple never seems to even make enough product to cover the preorders when they are releasing something new... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little bit of both going on. One thing is for sure though, it is definitely a really good juice.

Thank you, I guess that's the only probably way currently? Why can't he make enough to always have stock?

Sorry, haven't followed his thread much, but I've been in an out a few time and never saw mention of why there's never any stock.

Subscribing probably wouldn't help either, I'd get updates all day every day from users posting, and even if I check each day there's usually 20+ pages a day to look through. Hope there is a better way soon, I'd love to check it out, and the Orange one too!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
I am sure it's worth the hype... the fact that it has an absinthe flavor in it alone makes me willing to pay for it... I just don't believe it exists... It's never available... no one I know has it... because surely they would have been kind enough to share ;-) no, no... I think it's a myth... and I think all of you reviewers are part of an elaborate plot to screw with my head... yeah that's it... it's all about me...

dredd0606

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lethbridge, AB Canada
Just a quick warning about Pluid, make sure your using it in an all metal or glass setup. DO NOT put it in a clearo, or a vivi nova or carto tank with a plastic tank. It will soften/melt/crack the tank or clearo.

Also, it is shipped in glass bottles for a reason. Do not put it in a plastic bottle, it will leach the bottle into the juice and taint it, and if left long enough, it could eat through the bottle.

That said, it is the best juice I've tried. If you're having problems getting some, put up a WTB in the classies, or stalk the WTS. It comes up from time to time, and sometimes you can really score on a decent amount. A friend of mine got 120mls for $90. Pricy for juice, but a decent price for Pluid in the classifieds.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
An ECF colleague of mine sent me a good-sized sample of Pluid (thanks, hangdude!). Is the hype justified? Yes, I think so. It's a unique juice with a complex flavor profile all its own---a true original. Distinctly unlike anything else I've had.

That said, do I like Pluid? Not all that much, really. It's just not a home run to my particular palate. Or a triple. More like a bloop single. Or a sacrifice bunt to advance the runner on first. I don't worry about Pluid's relative unavailability, because I won't be ordering any. That doesn't imply that others may not love it. Some people may very well feel that Radiator Pluid is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm simply not among them.

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
I love it and just scored 138mls of full strength off the classies!! I have about 20mls left so I got tons of it! I want to get some zero nic cutter so I can bring it down to my normal nic level of 10-12 mg. I still like it at full strength as I need a higher nic liquid at work where I get less vape time and need more bang for my buck...

It is really quite amazing! It would be awesome if a distiller and Murdock got together and made a Pluid Absinthe. The flavours in pluid would make a very unique yet delicious absinthe! (though it would have to be naturally coloured, as all good absinthes are) The opacity of pluid almost looks like a pseudo louche.

As an absintheur, I would buy a bottle for damn sure!

Nevertheless, even diluting pluid 50/50 with pg or vg makes for a great flavourful vape. It seems to bring out the more subtle flavours in the mix, as your not as overpowered by the anise.

As an aside, what we know of as black licorice, is not in fact licorice at all... but badiane, or star anise. Star anise is much like green anise, but is much higher in anethole (the licorice flavour) and lacks the herbal complexity of green anise. Licorice root has a similar flavour, but is generally sweeter and more complex. Often used as an ingredient in root beer...

Not sure why I felt compelled to share that, but it happened... :p

Cheers!
:vapor:

Last edited:

Murdock Ruml

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Alaska
Supply can not keep up with demand. The reasons for the games is to keep it fair. My ego has nothing to do with it. Trust me when I say this juice has caused me more stress then it's worth and a couple times I have almost pulled the plug.

As keep in mind that forum rules sometimes limit what I can post.

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
Supply can not keep up with demand. The reasons for the games is to keep it fair. My ego has nothing to do with it. Trust me when I say this juice has caused me more stress then it's worth and a couple times I have almost pulled the plug.

As keep in mind that forum rules sometimes limit what I can post.

Maybe share the recipe......open source style

:)

Last edited:

dredd0606

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2012
Lethbridge, AB Canada
Maybe share the recipe......open source style

:)

Lol, I honestly don't think that will happen. I feel for Murdock, he's created a great product and simply cannot keep up with the demand. Unfortunately, this happens in nearly all consumable markets. Instead of jacking the price through the roof for what many consider to be the absolute best juice out there, he has kept it low so as to be accessible by all.

It's not really all that hard to get either. Usually a WTB post or a request in the Mad Murdocks supplier thread will be met with some offers. I haven't played any games and have managed to keep myself supplied fairly well.

There are other avenues for information from Murdock as well, social networking sites and such. And there is notification emails on all three websites that sell it.

If only there was a Canadian supplier so I wouldn't have to deal with customs...Murdock, if you ever want a Canadian supplier that would be exclusive to your juice, hit me up. I own a few businesses and have everything in place for Canada wide distribution, not to mention large temperature regulated storage facilities.

I know, it's a pipe dream, but I can dream, can't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread