Made my first DIY tobacco extract - what %?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Tie

Apr 2, 2017
DFW, Texas
I am very proud that I have just finished my first NET. I smoked for 32 years and when I quit a month ago (after my FIRST vape ever...) I am now sitting on about 5lbs of tobacco. I was really a serious smoker. Decided to try some of the techniques I read here and made an extract from one of my favorites - Turkish Bold (makes my mouth water still). I only used an ounce for my first try and it smells really good (with a hint of PG). It is VERY dark (coffee dark).

My question is, if you have tried this before, what % of this magic elixir should I use to make my juice? I initially thought 10% which is usually what I end up with on a traditional fruity DIY but it is SO STRONG I was just wondering ...

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am very proud that I have just finished my first NET. I smoked for 32 years and when I quit a month ago (after my FIRST vape ever...) I am now sitting on about 5lbs of tobacco. I was really a serious smoker. Decided to try some of the techniques I read here and made an extract from one of my favorites - Turkish Bold (makes my mouth water still). I only used an ounce for my first try and it smells really good (with a hint of PG). It is VERY dark (coffee dark).

My question is, if you have tried this before, what % of this magic elixir should I use to make my juice? I initially thought 10% which is usually what I end up with on a traditional fruity DIY but it is SO STRONG I was just wondering ...

You need to be in this thread: Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux just post your questions there, and everyone will help you.

Congratulations on quitting smoking, and welcome to ECF! :)

Beau Tie

Apr 2, 2017
DFW, Texas
You need to be in this thread: Natural Tobaccos - Part Deux just post your questions there, and everyone will help you.

Congratulations on quitting smoking, and welcome to ECF! :)

Thank you!

I started to post in another thread and it told me I needed to post in the newcomers forum.

Reactions: Opinionated

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
It's so hard to tell you what percentage without having all the info. I would just make a couple of 5ml batches at various %. If 10% seems too strong do 5% and 2.5% and go from there. Trial and error but you can always water down if too strong or add if too weak so nothing goes to waste. Good luck and let us know how it works out plus how much tobacco added to how much pg. After a five posts I think you can post in the other thread justFYI.

Beau Tie

Apr 2, 2017
DFW, Texas
Very much appreciated. I was afraid after reading about WTA's that 10% might knock me over.

I did 1oz tobacco, covered it with everclear, added 56g PG, heated to 160F for 48 hours covered, opened it up to let the ETOH evaporate for several hours, ran it through aeropress, filtered it through syringe with cotton. Ended up with about 20ml. Going to pick up some whatman filters tomorrow from the med supply and do a .2 mic filter.

Thank you for your reply.

Reactions: Sylvie

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA

Perhaps @Str8vision could give you some tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread