Made my own Provari Mini Case - Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pabo

Oct 11, 2012
California
Hi everyone, this is my first post. Sorry about not being able to place it in the proper subcategories. I normally just lurke around the forums, but I thought I'd share my creation/boredom. I've been looking for a case for my Provari Mini, but I wasn't able to find anything that did what I wanted. So I decided to make my own. Below is what I came up with. All opinions are welcomed. Also just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for something similar.

Setup: Provari Mini, ViviNova v2.5, 18350AW, Shorty 510 Drip Tip

Case: Maglite M2A10L Presentation Box (came with a flashlight): Amazon.com : $11.36
Nanuk Foam for 915: Amazon.com : $11.00
Foam from(headliner, floorliner): Michaels : sku "400100245859" $0.89

2nszair.jpg

33fdx0y.jpg

Below is the first project I attempted. It was short lived, because I realized I wanted to carry more flavors. But I just thought I'd share again, in case someone was interested.

Earing Box: Michaels sku "400100049198" $3.49
VivaNova Stock Insert

fn4qyf.jpg

2eel8xl.jpg

efj7f9.jpg

Attachments

• 20121011_002310.jpg
    20121011_002310.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 6,632
  • 20121011_012205.jpg
    20121011_012205.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,240
Last edited:

pabo

Oct 11, 2012
California
Awesome case for something that was a hair under 25 dollars. How long did it take to make? I definitely will give this a try. Btw, You wouldnt happen to still have the SKU for the foam liner from Michaels would you? Great job!!

Thanks! Didn't take long at all. The foam from amazon took about an hour to size and cut with an exacto knife the first time. I redid it again in 1/4th of the time.

Luckily i have the receipt still. The foam piece has a sku of "400100245859" $0.89
Whats nice about the foam from michaels is that its like a sticker. So you can peel the backing off and just stick. No glue needed. As a tip. Instead of peeling off the whole thing I only did the corners. I thought this would be better in case I ever need to replace it or change the color.

If you try it, let me know if you run into any problems. I'd be happy to answer!

pabo

Oct 11, 2012
California
Thanks for the reply! Just curious..... during your hunt for the case did you run into anything a bit longer? I don't think my regular size Provari would fit =( esp with the 18650. Looks like my mini will get the special treatment for a while lol

i looked on amazon real quick. with the 18650 you're looking at about 1.1 inched longer in length, correct me if i'm wrong. depending on the tip you like to run, theres a variety of cases you can choose here are some.

6.6" length
MAGLITE M3A102 Presentation Box AAA Mini Flashlight,Silver - Amazon.com

7.4" length
Amazon.com: MAGLITE SP22017 Presentation Box 2-AA Cell Mini-Maglite LED Flashlight, Black: Home Improvement

pabo

Oct 11, 2012
California
Awesome, I think the 6.6" would be perfect with the 18490 cap. Anyway I noticed you were in CA. Any brick and mortar shops you go to?

There's a couple I like to go too. vape On in San Gabriel is definitely a favorite. I can't get enough of their Kiwi. They're big on using "organic" flavoring. Definitely talk to Ray. By far best customer service I've had in a long time. He'll take the time to answer any questions you might have.

Another place that just opened up in Industry is EgoVapes. I've only been once, but so far it's been a pleasant experience. Young friendly workers with huge selection on e-juice flavors.

pabo

Oct 11, 2012
California
I had to look, check this box out at Adorama (you know, add the dot com). Pelican 1020 Watertight Hard Micro Case with Rubber Liner - Black. Interior is 5.31" x 3.56" x 1.68", looks like I'll be ordering more gear soon. Not knocking the mag light box, for sure, just looking.
Pelican is a great case. I personally tried to talk myself into one, but I was leaning toward something that I could possibly put in my pocket. The maglite case is still fairly large to be in a pocket, but much easier and protected than the traditional ego zipper cases. The height is a little over an inch length is roughly 6” and the width is maybe 2.5” I’m at work so it’s a bit hard to get exact measurements.
But anyways congrats on the provari, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mines.

Excellent idea! It's perfect for my mini black provari!
I'll definitely try to make one of my own!
Thanks for sharing!
If your screen name is related to the k-movie… I just want to say that it’s one of the best movies, I wish I could unwatch. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread