Madecat_Vapes Review! Vandy Vape Revolver RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

madecat_vapes

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2018
Good Evening ECF! Today I am reviewing for you the Vandy Vape Revolver RTA. The Revolver utilizes a unique, revolving airflow, allowing you to adjust your atty to your coil, instead of vice versa. Is this rotary design going to spin heads, or have Vandy vape taken a turn for the worse? Read below for my evaluation.

I have had the Revolver rta for 2 weeks now and feel I can give a fair assessment of its quality.

This product was sent to me from Vandy Vape for the purpose of a review.

Specs
  • Height: 45mm (with drip tip)
  • Width: 25mm
  • Weight: 138g
  • Capacity: 3mL (5mL w/ bubble glass)
  • Changeable Airflow (w/ flathead)
    • Twelve 1mm Slots
    • Three 5mm x 3mm Slots
    • Two 3mm x 5mm Slots
  • Threaded Top Fill
  • Dual Adjustable Airflow
  • Single Post Deck
  • Gold Plated 510
  • 304 Stainless Steel Construction

Current color options include Gold, Black, Stainless Steel, and Rainbow.

Contents
  • Revolver RTA
  • Bubble Glass
  • Prebuilt Fused Clapton Coil
  • 2 x Drip Tip
    • 11mm Delrin
    • 10mm Frosted Acrylic
  • Accessory Bag
  • User Manual

Pics

6LoFGrz.jpg

5Cw4tOe.jpg

parwK68.jpg

bggHV0e.jpg

jpfbxuS.jpg

Aqi6L5H.jpg

4KEILB1.jpg

WTX5nQQ.jpg

fHjUrre.jpg

l2gHI5P.jpg

X4a0k8L.jpg

RwUdjRf.jpg

Zk79A0Q.jpg

IqO2ARz.jpg

sbPhvKz.jpg

PZgXXSU.jpg

Revolver RTA

The Revolver RTA is one of the newest RTAs from Vandy Vape. It is a single coil, bottom airflow atty and utilizes a rotating airflow barrel below the deck. I feel like the design is quite innovative and it allows for some great versatility. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's jump off this review and start at the best place possible: the top.

Drip Tip/Fill Port: The Revolver comes with two drip tips: 1 Black Delrin; 1 Frosted Acrylic. The Delrin tip has a slightly bigger inner diameter than the Acrylic one, but it doesn't really make that much of a difference as the hole in the top cap is smaller than both. The Acrylic cap as channels cut around the outside and gives a really nice lip feel. I prefer the Acrylic one as it just looks super clean on it. One thing to note here is that the o-ring seems a touch too big and makes the fit SUPER TIGHT! It can really be a pain to try and take the drip tips out of there. The top cap screws on and off nicely and reveals two, kidney-shaped fill slots. This is pretty standard stuff here. Moving on.

Chimney/Glass: As you can see from the images above, the chimney section secures the glass with an o-ring around the top. The o-ring works quite nicely here and the glass glides on and off easily. The outside of the chimney has some standard VV branding and the Revolver logo. The inside of the chimney has a conical shape, which definitely helps with the flavor. The Revolver comes with two glasses: 1 3mL Straight glass; 1 5mL Bubble glass. I really like the sleekness of the straight glass, but I also really enjoy the convenience of the bubble glass. I think this one is going to come down to personal preference.

Build Deck: The Revolver has a single-coil build deck. It uses a single-post terminal, with one side being the positive and the other the negative. A ceramic block is used to hold the coil legs in place and can be adjusted with a single screw. Both legs of the coil will face in the same direction, go through the terminal, and come out the other side, so no precutting coil legs is necessary. Seating your coil into this deck is quite easy, but I really wish they would have utilized a spring on the ceramic block. You will have to make sure to push up the block to get your legs through. This isn't really difficult, but it would have been a welcome feature. Cotton will be inserted into wicking holes on the side of the build deck, which is all standard stuff. Let's get to the good part.

Revolving Airflow: When I first heard about the Revolver, I thought the revolving airflow was just going to be a gimmick. I mean, it's different, but how much of a difference could it actually make. Well, quite a bit. You have 3 options when it comes to the airflow hitting your coil: Multi-hole, "restrictive"; Dual-slot, horizontal, medium; Tri-slot, vertical, wide open. The barrel is controlled by turning a screw located on the opposite end of the build terminal. This rotates the barrel on an axis and reveals each of your airflow options. My personal preference is the Tri-slot one as I tend to like more airflow for my style of vaping. But the other options work very well depending on the type of coil you put in. I think this is quite an innovative idea as a lot of attys aren't that great with multiple build options and you have to find the right build according to your airflow. This allows you to tailor the airflow to your build. Pretty neat!

Performance: The Revolver RTA performs really well. I utlized many different builds (large gauge clapton/small gauge clapton/simple round) all with great success. I was always able to dial in my airflow to produce a satisfying vape with really great flavor. I only had a few leaks, but I chalk that up to my inexperience with wicking RTAs (I tend to use mostly RDAs). Yet, even given my inexperience wicking RTAs, I was able to quickly find a solution to the issue. The atty also never seemed to get too unbearably warm. It did get a bit warmer while chain vaping, but that is really to be expected. All in all, performance from the Revolver is superb and I'm really having troulbe finding much wrong with it.

Final Thoughts

Pros
  • Acrylic tip is sexy
  • Bubble glass
  • Easy building
  • Selectable airflow to suit your coil
  • Flavor is quite nice
Cons
  • Drip tip o-ring unbelievably tight
  • No spring for ceramic block

There's really not much wrong with the Revolver RTA. At first, I thought the selectable airflow was going to be gimmicky, but it really surprised me how versitile it allows this atty to be. Aside from all I mentioned above, the machining is very nice and I think it's a great looking atty. If you're looking for a great single-coil RTA, I think this device deserves some of your attention. I'm not saying to go out and purchase this device on my review alone, but if what I said interests you, go check out some more reviews so you can be sure you're making an informed decision on your purchase.

Purchasing

Fasttech - $27.89 (with MAP discount)
EightVape - $27.99
Eciggity - $29.69 (with TENOFF discount)
ElementVape - $29.95
VaporDna - $32.99
Ecig-cCity - $39.99
HealthCabin - $47.99

*None of the above links are affiliate links. They just tend to be where I purchase most of my gear from and are ones that I have had good experiences with.*

Thank you...

...for your attention ECF. I hope you all have a great rest of your week!

I want to give another shout out to Vandy Vape for giving me the opportunity to provide this community with this review. If you want to check them out, you can follow them on their Facebook or Instagram pages.

About

I consider myself an average vaper and approach my reviews as such. I am coming at this from the perspective of someone who has been vaping for a while (8 years), but doesn't get too in-depth with the technical aspects of the products. I'm evaluating these products as to how well they work out the box, their ease of use, and whether or not they hold up over the course of use. I don't have the skill set to produce thorough testings of the electronics and I defer that to those better suited. This review is purely my experience using the items I received.

Follow Me

If you want to keep up with me, you can follow me on Instagram, @madecat_vapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread