Madvapes 306 atty + cannon drip tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
So I just got some 306 standard attys from MV while I wait for IKV to come back up, and I am trying these acrylic clear cannon drip tips out for the first time as well.

I have dewicked these atomizers completely and they are reading 2.6 ohms on my Provari. I am running them at 4.0 volts and getting burnt tastes on multiple juices. Sometimes it will be fine, but sometimes it will have a nasty taste. I'm not sure if I can attribute this to the drip tip or the atomizers. I've tried two different atomizers with the same results.

One thing I can think of is that the cannon drip tip is not getting juice to the atomizer. Has anyone had this problem? It is on pretty snug, but I think what I feared was going to happen is happening...the juice goes down the sides well enough, but then it might be getting further down past the atomizer, between the drip tip wall and atomizer side.

So basically I am curious about...has anyone had any issues with the cannon drip tips, or found an atomizer that they fit perfectly on? And is there any other reason why an atomizer would have a burnt taste? I feel like I either need to flood it or it tastes burnt. Kind of frustrating, I had really high hopes for these drip tips, and while I like them as far as I can tell, I hope it is getting the juice to the atomizer....

how is it supposed to work if it isnt a direct drip onto the bridge?(which I find almost impossible to do) The juice will never get to the bridge

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
As far as the cannon goes I run it with my ikenvape 2 ohm at around 4v but my main problem isn't juice issues as for the juice gets where it needs to
It's the shape of the cannon for me it's just wrong. I don't like the pull and honestly it kinda hurts my neck when i use it. Idk if the shape makes me pull more with my throat than my mouth or what.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I think I know what you mean. its almost a workout opening your jaw so wide to grip the mouthpiece. I think I can get used to that part, I'll see. I'm glad the juice gets where it needs to be for you with your IKV LR.

I hope I have good results with the cannon and IKVs. Thing is, I just really don't see any other viable drip tips for the 306. The glass one is great but too inconsistent in design, and the shorter plastic ones just get too hot. Overall I like the cannon as long as it remains non leaking and juice feeding lol.

Tim, can I ask if you think the IKV 306 LR is better than the HV? I have a Provari so the voltage isn't so much of an issue as I can adjust it...besides the voltage you need to use for your atty, is there a difference between the LR and HR? I think LR might save me battery power so if its all the same I'm thinking that might be the one for me.

LegioX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
Whats the whole thing with priming them? Is that only the first time ever using it? I read to drop 7 drops, wait a minute, add 2 more, and then vape it?

I will try keeping them wetter, thing is I hear liquid gurgling a tiny bit somewhere in there even when its not giving me any clean tasting vapor. Could just be some random droplets stuck somewhere.

Also I had a question....when the atomizer gets red hot instantly when fired does this mean it is broken? It gets very red quick and produces no vapor, I think I touched the coil.

Thanks for all the 306 tips!

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
Whats the whole thing with priming them? Is that only the first time ever using it? I read to drop 7 drops, wait a minute, add 2 more, and then vape it?

I will try keeping them wetter, thing is I hear liquid gurgling a tiny bit somewhere in there even when its not giving me any clean tasting vapor. Could just be some random droplets stuck somewhere.

Also I had a question....when the atomizer gets red hot instantly when fired does this mean it is broken? It gets very red quick and produces no vapor, I think I touched the coil.

When the atomizer gets red hot instantly it means it's dry.

You read the correct method to prime them. Ciscos, at least, don't come with primer. That's why they need to be primed. Not sure about Joyes or other brands though.

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
I know it's not a popular idea here on ECF.. but (only if you're strictly a dripper or bottom feeder), I dewick AND debridge my 306's.

Before I debridged (i always dewicked), I found sometimes my hits would be good, but sometimes it would taste burnt too.. like you said- as if i wasn't getting juice all the way in the atomizer. even then, it would have a sometimes burnt taste to it.. it was as if everytime I pushed the button to vape, I never knew if I would get a good tasting hit or not.

After I debridged one just for the hell of it - I can never ever friggin go back. I seriously never ever friggin knew vaping can even TASTE the way it does now, it's crazy. it tastes so damn good now

I thought maybe it was just this one atomizer.. but I opened another, dewicked.. and I don't know.. every other hit would come up dry.. it was buggin the crap out of me. I almost threw it away... but I debridged that one too and same thing! awesome awesome vape

i suggest you or anyone else try it if you have problems with your 306's.. only thing I can't attest for is if it shortens the life of the atomizer. The only difference is you probably have to drip a tad more often and don't drip as much as you normally would

Last edited:

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I know it's not a popular idea here on ECF.. but (only if you're strictly a dripper or bottom feeder), I dewick AND debridge my 306's.

Before I debridged (i always dewicked), I found sometimes my hits would be good, but sometimes it would taste burnt too.. like you said- as if i wasn't getting juice all the way in the atomizer. even then, it would have a sometimes burnt taste to it.. it was as if everytime I pushed the button to vape, I never knew if I would get a good tasting hit or not.

After I debridged one just for the hell of it - I can never ever friggin go back. I seriously never ever friggin knew vaping can even TASTE the way it does now, it's crazy. it tastes so damn good now

I thought maybe it was just this one atomizer.. but I opened another, dewicked.. and I don't know.. every other hit would come up dry.. it was buggin the crap out of me. I almost threw it away... but I debridged that one too and same thing! awesome awesome vape

i suggest you or anyone else try it if you have problems with your 306's.. only thing I can't attest for is if it shortens the life of the atomizer. The only difference is you probably have to drip a tad more often and don't drip as much as you normally would

Could you let us know how long of a life you are getting from these 306's once you take those Bridges off ?

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I get at least a month, usually two, with debridged and dewicked Cisco 1.5's. If I'm not lazy and give them frequent alcohol baths, I can get even more out of them.

I honestly don't see how taking the bridge out could shorten the life. I suppose if you don't know what you're doing, you could let them run dry more often. As nocturn said, you do have to drip more frequently with a debridged atty.

Last edited:

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Could you let us know how long of a life you are getting from these 306's once you take those Bridges off ?

I'll let you know right now- I've been vaping the same De-wicked, De-bridged SR 306 for LITERALLY 3 months @ 4.7v. All I do is blow the gunk/juice out once in awhile. I haven't dry burned it but twice or so.

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
Legiox as far as battery life and such there is a lot of talk of run time over actually life due to the lr stressing the battery but I feel the 2 ohm dosnt really decrease my run time on the VMU using 14500 batts. Either work great but I personally use the lr version as I've had bad results from fresh charged batts( said they were 3v but turned out they were actually 3.7 and came off the charger at the standard 4.2v so 8.4 is a little much for a 3.2 ohm)
As u have a vv unit thats not a problem but i air on the lower side as it's easier and cheaper to get a backup 3.7 unit than one that does both 3.7 n 6vs. The closet I got
To high voltage is around 5 on some of my other equip that needs it.

Also avidvaper.com has 306 to 510 drip tip adapters on their drip tip page that allows u like the name implies to use a 510 drip tip on any 306 also the sell the xl version of reg 306 drip tips. So that's always an option let me know if I helped
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread