MadVapes Wants Your Feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
We want to know what you think about anything and everything! What do you like? What don't you like? What would you like to see more of? What would you like to see less of? Is there anything you'd like to see us carry? Where can we improve? You guys are the reason we are in business, and we want to be the best vape shop we can be! So don't hold back! Let us know your thoughts!

Reactions: jwilkers

Slobalt7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Murika
Well I am a semi-regular in the Hope Mills shop and I like it. My buddy Miles works there and between him and Tim, everyone seems pretty cool and legit. The shop is laid back and honestly reminds me more of a lounge atmosphere, very homey IMO. The only real changes I would make would be things you can't easily control such as older people coming in, half the time I am in there Tim is the only person over 30 in the building which can get annoying when a 18 year old non-smoking-convert who is loud and obnoxious has to become the center of the formerly chill atmosphere. Another would be adding to the discount bin but how would you support overhead if you went the FT route. Lol. Overall your Hope Mills shop is great.

Last edited:

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Dale1962, have you checked out Lion Head? It's our new line of liquid, USA-made. There's quite a few tobacco flavors in there.

Baggins, first and foremost, it's Chinese New Year. Until mid-February, we won't be able to place any orders with China.

What batteries are you looking at? I just checked the site and we're fully-stocked on all IMR batteries.

As for chargers, we still have the TrustFire TR-001, which is a mid-level, solid charger. Again, these all come from China so we won't be able to order more for a few more weeks.

Bottles have just arrived, so you should see the 30mL and 50mL options return very soon.

Thanks for the help everyone! Keep it coming!

Last edited:

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
The way you asked, I thought at first, "Man you are asking for it," ... then ... "Well that was cool of him, I'll have to give the site a look."

Turns out I been there a few times before, I thought you guys had a nice selection and good prices. Will keep you in mind, and thanks for asking. I like glass tanks and mini protank 2 type tanks and clones, and good mid-level nearly idiot-proof devices like the iTaste V3 for my budget, and I DIY juice, so there's how I vote. Not a big fan a Flash-y graphics, more of a laid back surfer myself, but easy enough to get around and have a good time at your place. There ya go.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hadn't visited your site lately so no didn't know....how do u compare the LH baccos to topvapors?Better,same,different tobacco base?Scott still the mixologist over there?

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of tobacco flavors, but each of the LH I've tried has been distinctly different, and I can definitely understand why tobacco-flavor people would like them. Flavor is subjective, but give them a try. Lion's Mane is sweet honey tobacco, the sweetest of the bunch. Dry Season is the driest, and to me, tastes as close to an analog as you can get vaping, and there's a handful of others you can try too. They are all completely different extracts than Top Vapor's. I don't know all the details, but I can tell you that the Top Vapor extracts and Lion Head extracts come from 2 different companies, and we don't mix them together. And yes, Scott is still the e-Liquid wizard.

As for Kanger, unless they come up with something truly revolutionary that nobody else can even come close to, we probably won't carry them. We have all kinds of bottom-coil tanks from Smok that, in my honest opinion, are just as good, if not, better than Kanger. Also, I don't want to give away too much, but keep an eye on the website. There's a new bottom-coil coming out called the T-Dux 2.0. Should be available sometime this week, and it's the single best bottom coil I've ever tried. The only thing better is a rebuildable.

dale1962

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Charlotte,NC
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of tobacco flavors, but each of the LH I've tried has been distinctly different, and I can definitely understand why tobacco-flavor people would like them. Flavor is subjective, but give them a try. Lion's Mane is sweet honey tobacco, the sweetest of the bunch. Dry Season is the driest, and to me, tastes as close to an analog as you can get vaping, and there's a handful of others you can try too. They are all completely different extracts than Top Vapor's. I don't know all the details, but I can tell you that the Top Vapor extracts and Lion Head extracts come from 2 different companies, and we don't mix them together. And yes, Scott is still the e-Liquid wizard.

As for Kanger, unless they come up with something truly revolutionary that nobody else can even come close to, we probably won't carry them. We have all kinds of bottom-coil tanks from Smok that, in my honest opinion, are just as good, if not, better than Kanger. Also, I don't want to give away too much, but keep an eye on the website. There's a new bottom-coil coming out called the T-Dux 2.0. Should be available sometime this week, and it's the single best bottom coil I've ever tried. The only thing better is a rebuildable.
Good to hear about the liquid....its not I'm a big kanger fan I just got a lot of short stem evod heads I got for my wife and she luvs them and real easy for her.I don't think the smok aros are capatible with there heads so why I was asking about kanger.Wife is very rough on equipment so while I have a ton of the short stems which cant get anymore and work best with evods she is not kind with the the evod itself and need more of them to use the heads...

Sally_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
VA
Checked out T-Dux 2.0, intrigued by the coil design, I really like BCC but the issues of gurgling, leaking, and dry hits due to not enough liquid getting to the coil drive me nuts. Was going to hold off but went ahead and ordered one, if it's as good as it sounds, will probably order more once replacement heads are available. Any idea when that could be?

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
I just ordered the T-Dux as well. Also interested in when the replacement heads will be in. Probably related to the Chinese holiday? I've actually ordered quite a few things from you over the past couple of weeks, been pretty happy so far. I, too, would like to see the website not have that huge section at the top.

I've got an 18350 Sidewinder on order from you, waiting for that to arrive as well as an MVP 2.0. Just ordered it yesterday and read a thread today that showed the MVP elsewhere for significantly less. Honestly wish I'd seen that thread first. I don't mind paying a little more to do business with a business that I like but the difference was more than just a "bit". Just being honest with you. You asked for feedback and I'm happy to give it. Good or bad :)

Kind Regards,
Blackie

bcme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
USA
Get rid of that upper page that hangs half way down the page.

I should have said the menu that drops down and interferes when trying to view something, just gets in the way of trying to view something. I love your 510 to ego adapter SKU: 11122 however any base that's knurled,Mt3s,T3S etc gets stuck causing the tanks to come off the base instead of the whole unit unscrewing.

I should have said the menu that drops down and interferes when trying to view something, just gets in the way of trying to view something. I love your 510 to ego adapter SKU: 11122 however any base that's knurled,Mt3s,T3S etc gets stuck causing the tanks to come off the base instead of the whole unit unscrewing.

I only have that issue if I have my ipad turned sideways. Stand it up and it's all good

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thanks everyone! Also, T-Dux replacement coils are live, so you can pick those up. We got a small batch before the holiday, and there's many more on the way. Also, there's 2 types of coils. With the one that's up on the site right now, the coil sits in a ceramic cup. The second version, which should be up on the site any day now, has the coil surrounded by a paper-like sheet. What I've found through testing is this: the ceramic cup coils produce better flavor and have a smoother draw, but tend to leak if you use a thin liquid. Not always, but sometimes. Out of 5 coils tested, only one leaked, and the liquid was water-thin. The second type of coil, the "carto-coil" has a draw much more similar to a cartomizer, and it has the paper surrounding the coil, like a carto. This coil mutes the flavor a little bit, but it's basically leak proof. I tried it with the same thin liquid that leaked through the ceramic coil, and it did not leak once. I also tried both with 100% VG, no nicotine, no flavoring. The ceramic version wicked perfectly, even when chain vaping. The carto coil tasted a little burnt after about 5 drags, chain vaping, but was back to normal after 10 seconds or so.

TL;DR If you use a very thin or PG-heavy liquid and find that the ceramic coils leak, try the carto coil. If you chain-vape thick liquid and find that the carto-coil tastes burnt after awhile, try the ceramic coil.

For the vast majority of juices, either coil will work great and it comes down to personal preference. I really only ran into trouble with very thin or very thick liquid, and in either case, I just had to switch the type of coil I was using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread