The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - April 14 through April 18

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Another week, another giveaway! This week the prize is:

1 x SmokTech Magneto
    1 x Magneto RSST
    2 x 30-amp Batteries
    1 x Charger
    1 x 30mL Bottle of Lion Head e-Liquid

This setup will allow you to turn the Magneto into a Genesis hybrid! And you get the Magneto too!

To be entered into the contest this week, I'd like some ideas about what to do for future contests. I'm tapping the well of creativity dry, so if you help me out, we can keep the contests interesting for the next couple months!

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

2. kvothe

kvothe Full Member

Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    you could do something like make a sentence and leave some blanks and have the people think of different creative ways to fill in the blanks to make the sentence theirs. You could post very zoomed in pictures of objects and have people guess what they are. I would say if you want to have the give aways stay similar to what they are make them where if you participated you can win not if you got it right tho.

3. Biggame

Biggame Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2014
    Alabama
    You can do the random number contest where everyone guesses a number between 1 and 1,000 or 1 and 10,000 and have random.org generate the winning number and whoever gets closest wins. That way everyone who comments has an equal chance of winning.

4. velvetworm

velvetworm Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    USA
    I think the mech giveaways are sweet, the addition of kanthal and cotton on some of the giveaways forces you to learn the ways of rebuilding, which is an art in it's self. Thanks for the giveaway!

5. dolphins35

dolphins35 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Spanaway, Wa
    How about the best joke?
    You get to choose you favorite and we all get some good laughs.

Tanks again for your generous contests :)

6. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Number games(pick a number between..) are always fun.....word games & story games are also good. It depends on you.... and if you want to do them with random winners or by choosing a favorite answer...........You can do the guess the photograph...........or the music video with a theme.....jokes or photos.....guess how many.???....
    all limited only by how much you want to put into it......
    Weekly games are the best...since no one likes to wait so long for a winner to be announced.....

7. 1w15h1w45m0ngu

1w15h1w45m0ngu Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

One of the coolest contests I was ever in was a poetry contest, there were a lot of goofy/funny entries.

8. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    A lot of good ideas so far, but whatever contest it is, you should limit the number of entries to one, or perhaps one per day.

9. gordon50

gordon50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2012
    wichita falls, tx
    maybe try some funny gifs..always up for a good chuckle!!

10. K1NGP1N

K1NGP1N Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    Bluegrass State
    I like the one entry per day thing too. I also like just picking a random number and who ever is closest or on the number wins.

11. iota

iota Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    What about a contest where another member picks out your prize? Something along the lines of this:

1) You create a list of prizes.
    2) Each member must make a post to enter the contest where they pick out one of the prizes.
    3) You draw two posts; the first post is the winner and the second post contains the prize that the first one gets.

Something like that might be fun and a little bit different!

Thanks for another great giveaway!

12. therussellv

therussellv Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Winters, Texas
    You could put up an obscure mathematical problem and the first to solve it wins

Last stinky October 15, 2013

13. therussellv

therussellv Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Winters, Texas
    You could play thesaurus, start with a word and ne next post has to be a synonym

Last stinky October 15, 2013

14. JoanJ

JoanJ ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    WV
    How about a scavenger hunt. You list so many items and the contestants have to find them on your site or wherever and after one is taken, nobody else can get that one. Or you list so many things and we have to find at least x number of them but can't use anything someone else has used

15. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I like your simple contests, where we are left to comment on a specific topic. Sometimes contests are so complex that many people don't even try to enter. Your contests are brief (about a week or less) and fun. There are not a list of rules for us to wade through.

So my advise is KISS. And thanks for another great contest!!!

16. chapeltown

chapeltown Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    I know!! You could do a play on a movie trivia game. As in, you could start with a movie quote, and the first person to correctly guess character/movie gets their name thrown in a hat. Then that person comes up with the next quote, next correct guess gets thir name in a hat...etc.. til you have enough names/time to do a drwaing...

from my galaxy s4

17. striller88

striller88 Full Member

Apr 5, 2014
    Indiana
    You could do e-cig trivia. Gives people a reason to learn something they may not have known before

18. DocTonyNYC

DocTonyNYC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree. . . these are really fun. I was recently in a contest where everyone posted haikus.

Thanks for the chance.

19. gtrpickr

gtrpickr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    Tennessee
    I like the random number and word association games too.

20. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    I think a good one would be "What's would be your advice to a new vaper on hardware purchases?"
    or
    "What's your favorite hardware purchase in the last 30 days?" The cool thing about that one is you can reuse it every couple months to get an idea on what to stock in the store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.