The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - December 1 through December 5

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's Monday, and time for a new giveaway! Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! This week, we're giving away:

1 x EHPro Maraxus (Black)
    1 x EHPro Kayfun Nano
    1 x EHPro Zenith v2 RDA
    2 x 18350 Batteries
    2 x 18650 Batteries
    1 x Charger

To be eligible to win this week, just post in this thread and tell us: How was your Thanksgiving?

Mine went pretty well. It was our first year doing Thanksgiving ourselves. We only had 4 people total, but we didn't burn anything and we have enough food to last for the next week or two. So that's a success.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

2. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Gosh, you probably don't want me to post first about my Thanksgiving, my husband was having terrible chest, arm and jaw pains all day, and his family and I were trying to get him to go to the doctor's. It didn't really feel like Thanksgiving.

3. sungbd

sungbd Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sorry to hear that, Kathi.

Anyway, mine was pretty awesome.
    My family usually go to the indoor water park altogether on thanksgiving when I was a little boy.
    I didn't know why but it was really fun anyway...
    Now I know why it is... it is the cheapest deal of the year. LOL.

Again this year, my family followed the tradition at the indoor waterpark in Niagara Fall.
    After waterpark, we all went to my mom's place and did a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner.
    With total 7 kids (3 teenagers and 4 little ones), it was war-like Thanksgiving, but a LOT of FUN!!!

4. Majestic

Majestic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    We had most the family home for the holiday. Had an enjoyable meal and an enjoyable visit with all.

5. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

"My" Thanksgiving . . . Was spent at "My" Best friends home and couldn't have been any better given the time we spent together with great conversation and a fabulous meal . . . "We" even decorated their Christmas Trees too . . .

Thanksgiving Dinner Table

[​IMG]

The Christmas Trees

The Family Tree
    [​IMG]

The "Swarovski" Crystal Tree
    [​IMG]

The Disco Tree
    [​IMG]

6. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    Thanksgiving was much more laid back than it usually is. Nice change of pace for me, since I am usually the one doing most of the work and cooking. We were at my neighbor's home and I just brought some food that I had cooked/baked the day before. I hope everyone else had a great day!

Thank you for the contest!

7. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    It was an interesting Thanksgiving...with the snow in New Jersey, we lost power Thanksgiving morning. No power, no oven, no heat, no hot water, and company coming early afternoon.

Spent the morning trying to figure out what food would be even possible to cook on the stove-top. It's a gas stove, so the burners will light with a match, but the oven requires electricity to power it's safety features....:facepalm:

We were lucky as the power came back on about one o'clock and the turkey went into the oven immediately. Dinner was delayed but it turned out delicious after a somewhat stressful day....:)

8. remark

remark Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    West Palm Beach, FL
    My favorite holiday of the year! I had a good one, thanks. All of my favorite foods and plenty of couch/tv time with my family...the best combination! The only negative for me is that, as I'm getting older, it is harder to sleep on a full stomach and indigestion is my payback for overeating. Easy trade off though! TYTYTYTY for such a great set of prizes for this one, Crowedude654!

9. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    I've had Thanksgiving dinner at my house for 15 years or so ever since my Parents decided it was time for the "kids" to take over the family holiday meals. :)

Our family has spread out over the US and grown significantly in that time but since my family has added people to their lives who also have families celebrating holidays, not everyone attends and we usually have 11 to 15 people at my house. This year, as people let me know they were coming, I realized that over 20 people would be here for Thanksgiving and it would be to cold to spread out to the deck outside. My basement, which is finished and used to be a den and then my oldest dd's bedroom, has become some kind of catchall that is entirely to full of my children's things and old furniture to be of use. There was no way I'd have time to clean out, get rid of and/or pack up all the "junk" to be able to use that room this Thanksgiving. This is way too much information. Sorry.

So even though I'd spent the week and a half before Christmas painting and cleaning, we decided Wednesday afternoon to move Thanksgiving to my youngest brother's house (all 3 of my brother's smoke, but this is the one that I think would be most likely to switch to ecigs some day), and have Christmas at my house this year instead of his. He was thrilled since his children are all still young and they could just relax Christmas day and not have to try and clean up Santa and gifts to accommodate all of us for Christmas. I doubt they'll be as many people but it gives me a few weeks to bring some order to my basement so we won't be bumping in to people in my kitchen, dining and living area. This is also way too much information. Sorry again.

We ended up with all my side of the family, except for my oldest brother and his wife, being able to attend. It was absolutely wonderful! And the meal, which my Mom and I cooked (since it was suppose to be my dinner lol) and took to my brother's house, was great too. :)

And as a side benefit, my middle dd's boyfriend ask her to marry him before the meal! Everyone cheered when he put the ring on her finger.

I love the food and the holiday spirit of the season, but the joy of watching my family and seeing the joy that they have in being able to be with each other for a short time each year, is magical.

10. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    with my help my husband cooked the turkey..it was perfect and we loved our dinner even though it was just us...next year maybe I can just tell him how to do it as I sit here doing this stuff!!

11. loxmythe

loxmythe Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2010
    pa
    Had a great thanksgiving with my family. Instead of turkey I did a delmonico roast. Was delicious. Thanks for the chance :)

12. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    I had a great Thanksgiving. All the great food and lots of family makes for a tiring day and a great nights sleep. Very relaxing.

13. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    My thanksgiving was excellent. The value of the day off is considerable! Work projects have been tough and stressful lately, so it is just nice to have a little bit of downtime. I spent the day with family and a couple of my parents' friends, eating, drinking and footballing. Fairly standard stuff, but I appreciate these moments more than I used to when I was a kid.

I hope all of you ECF peeps had a good thanksgiving as well. Thanks for the chance on this contest...such a cool prize package!

14. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had a wonderful day. Like others I did most of my baking the day before and I was able to enjoy a quiet day with loved ones.....Dinner was excellent and the evening was great....I also began my decorating......It was just a perfect day...

15. Fuzzy Bruce

Fuzzy Bruce Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2014
    Fort Liquordale, Fl.
    My Thanksgiving was a quiet affair. A time to be thankful for life, family and friends! Did a tour of some family photo's to remember past times and hope for a better future.

I actually went from Thursday until Sunday afternoon without tasting turkey. The honey baked spiral cut ham was just so good I could not help but pick at it all weekend. Finally gave in and had some turkey with dressing and lots of cranberry sauce for dinner Sunday.

My family is spread all over the east coast of the US and Canada so phone calls were the order of the holidays. I did get to meet up with some old friends that I have known since the early 1950's. Kind of special since we were wild children living on the edge of the swamps and had mostly free reign to do as we please as long as we did well in school.

16. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    Pretty nice, no extra relatives, so no drama, a great turkey, lots of good sides and a pleasant day. One of the best I had in years....

Oh the turkey was one of our own, home grown and fed.

So good and no additives. laughs...

Thanks for one of the only true, "anyone can win" Giveaway...

17. Noble Gas

Noble Gas Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2014
    California
    Nice and quiet, just the way I like it.

18. mekakeisei

mekakeisei Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2011
    Warwick, RI
    Mine was pretty good, went with my mate to his family's lunch, had a massive turkey with all the fixings, and a few things for desert, including a cup of eggnog and a cup of Baileys coffee ;) I watched them play many games of High-Low-Jack, I was fighting slipping into a food coma and couldn't concentrate enough to play. Friday night we had a meal at our friends house, made sausage gravy and biscuits cause she knew I was getting homesick and figured that would help, and it sure did! Then sat around and watched stuff on the tele til it was time to put the little one to bed. Overall, it was a very fun thanksgiving.

19. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    We had my father in law stay with us for a couple of days and also had friends join us for dinner on Thursday. Like many, I also ate far too much both on Thursday and on the night afterward while digging into leftovers. Most of them are gone now... with just a little turkey, cranberry, and gravy left.

20. MattMann228

MattMann228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Had to work on Thanksgiving but had food when I got home which was great. Thanks for another great contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.