Madvapes Weekly Contest - February 1 through February 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Welcome back! It's Monday, and time for another madvapes giveaway! The prize this week is:

1 x EHPro Maraxus
1 x EHPro Marquis rda
2 x 18650 batteries
1 x Charger
Wick and Wire

The Marquis is slightly old, but it's one of the best flavor drippers out there. It can also put out some pretty big clouds when it needs to!

To be entered into the contest, just answer the following question:

What's the worst thing you've ever done when it comes to vaping?

This was a question posed to me over the weekend, and my answer was something I did about 3 years ago. I had a Smok RSST on an EHPro EA Mod, and I fell asleep. The EA Mod had a side-fire button and it ended up auto-firing for quite awhile. Woke up with a melted tank, melted insulators, and a venting battery. No injuries or damage, but things could have gotten bad. But, I learned my lesson: always lock your mods, but more importantly, don't fall asleep with a mod in your hand.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

Bionicunderwear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2014
Springville, Utah, United States
I'm going to have to go with the dreaded "Kissed the coils". I don't know what I was thinking. I was rebuilding and go distracted. Ended up putting the hot coils right to my lips. I definitely learned the lesson to always pay attention.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
lol - learned the hard way to make sure i lock my mechs... had a vapesox in a pocket of my guayabera, on vacation... set my panzer in there for a second while doing something (i believe we were boiling some crawfish) and started smelling my vape... at first, i was like "mmm - that smells GOOD - hey, that smells like what *I* vape - cool - hey, my pocket is REALLY warm - OH SHNIKEY!"... managed to burn my fingertips (and melt the vapesock a little) but for the most part, crisis averted - and lesson LEARNED - respect the mech

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
One time I was visiting someone in the hospital, and went outside for a vape. I got down to the ground floor, through the lobby, out the doors, and onto the sidewalk, when... *puff, puff, dry hit*. I forgot to drip before I came outside, or bring any juice with me when I did. To avoid embarrassment, I just stood around outside for five minutes without vaping and then headed back up...

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I don't have any mech mods...so I dont have any gross horror stories about face melting...lol! My worst thing was switching a tank with a ceramic coil I'd been vaping at 600 on a TC mod and not hardly getting any vapor out of it to another TC mod and dropped the temp to 250 and got a HUGE mouthful of burnt juice. So burnt...choked and gagged for about an hour.

CaptNutz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2015
Chicago
@Crowedude654 and @ madvapes ty for a great contest
The worst thing I have ever done is not being careful with batteries when I was first was learning how to vape battery safety wasnt so important to me and i almost made a battery blow up so learning battery safety is very Important and I'm so happy that I know what I know now but I do have so much more to learn

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: dhood

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
I haven't been vaping very long, and only on regulated mods, so I don't really have any horror stories. Probably the worst that has happened to me is burnt coils and dry hits. I did drop a CF-VV with a Nautilus Mini on it someone had given me to get me started. They had drilled the airflow out, so it was a good little tank. Not knowing any better at the time, I threw all the pieces away. Then a couple days later in my local shop, I saw the replacement glass... :facepalm:

Thanks @Crowedude654 and Mad Vapes for another awesome give away! That Maraxus is a beautiful looking mod! It reminds me of a Sonic Screwdriver.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
What's the worst thing you've ever done when it comes to vaping?
I have to think back......when I first started I watched tons of videos on YT and was anxious to try dripping....but all I had was a tank and some cartomizers (they look the same as the atty).....so I attempted to refill the carto with another flavor and all I did was flood it....repeatedly......I didn't understand why it was still full after 10,15 and even 20 hits.....(the carto hold about 1/2 ml) so I kept trying to fill a full carto.........till later on when I took out the wicking material and was able to drip on the coil....

Rob Bacon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2015
Spokane, Washington

What's the worst thing you've ever donewhen it comes to vaping?

Dont know if it is a-holish of me (of course it was) had an almost empty bottle of juice, thought it would be hilarious to add some siracha to the remaining and have a friend try it. Of course i didnt tell him. Needless to say, after he got done puking all over the place, he was ....... But i made it right, gave him a bottle of juice of his choice (of course he chose a 240ml.)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
LOL I luv these tales. Over 4 years I have had a lot of tank dumps, leaking and all sorts of messy type problems and of course the horror of one of my aniseed eliquids eating the bottom of my eliquid squeezy bottle but I think the biggest one is a recent one.

I DIY my own eliquid and make up the concentrate in 100ml batches of a complex recipe of multiple mints (11 ingredients). The last one I made I was having a funge state moment and added 5x one of the mints quite late in the mixing. You know as soon as you add it that it's wrong. Rather than toss the mix I spent an hour working out how to fix it. In hindsight I should have stopped, had a nap and started again but I was on a mission.

The upshot is I now have 500mls of concentrate. :p Enough to make my about 30 litres of my favourite eliquid.

Well it is my favourite this week. ;)

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I've never kissed hot coils, but I've touched a few by accident. Not pleasant, but I think splashing a few drops of 12mg e-juice directly into my eye was even less so. Then there was that time I popped a battery into my mech, upside-down, and fried the tip of my middle finger when I fired it. All of these mishaps were made in my first 6 months of vaping, and haven't been repeated since. Vaping successfully ended a 30 year smoking habit, so I'm not complaining one bit. :)
Thanks for the contest!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Fortunately I have never had any serious mishaps, too OCD for that LOL but I can't count the number of times first starting out... oh who the heck am I kidding... ok ok last week :facepalm:.... I dumped carto tanks full of eliquid into my lap or down my front from non-secure caps coming undone or trying to get too-secure caps off.

4lph4num3r1c

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2015
Nothing too major here but... When I was new and testing flavors at a b&m store I went to detach the tank from the battery and change it to another atty and flavor. I accidentally unscrewed the tank instead and dumped juice all over the counter top. Ha ha! I know I'm not the only one but it's such a noon move. Ha ha ha.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
Well the worst I did or had happen was when I won a nice shiny VV mod. I put a brand new "fire" battery in it an nothing,,,, well then it started getting warm. As I unscrewed the bottom to get the battery out it got hotter and hotter. By the time it was undone I had really deep thread marks burned into my fingers, and the cap and battery melted into the carpet. That was my last experience with ",,,,,fire" batteries, they were thrown in the battery recycle bin. It was a win so no warranty, but I had a little sweet revenge when I took the mod outside, hammer in hand and made a pancake out of it. Fairly certain it was a faulty mod not the battery but I took no chances with any of it.

Thank you for the ongoing contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread