Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's about that time for a new giveaway! This week the prize is:

1 x Eleaf iStick 20W Kit
2 x Clearomizers or tanks (Winner's choice of any we carry)
5 x Replacement coils
100mL of any e-liquid

To be entered into the giveaway this week, tell us what you'd like to see in your ideal starter kit. Many of us started with eGo kits or 510 kits, and had to learn what we liked or didn't like. Knowing what you know now, what would have been your perfect starter kit?

As always, you can post as much as you want, but you'll only be entered into the drawing once. The winner will be chosen at random on Friday.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I think after someone has tried a vape, either a convenience store Blu or cig-a-like, or a friends rig, or a few taste tests at a B&M, the iStick is a great starter.

It lasts beyond one day. So you only need to take the one stick with you when you go out, and not 2 egos or twists...

2 tanks or clearos, cause a beginner doesn't yet know what flavors they will like. Plus, I think you have to switch flavors. Just one and the flavor seems to go bland.

I like the GBC tanks. Cheap, but hold a lot and work great. If you need glass, then go with the HBC tank.

I'm calling myself out of this contest since I just won. Let some other lucky person win this.

I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
"Ideal" comprises many aspects. Long battery life, high power, great flavor, stealthiness--these are some of the aspects that many of us look at now... but as a beginning vaper coming from smoking, the advanced or complicated devices were quite daunting. I wanted something simple that I didn't have to fuss with too much. It needed to be relatively light and small, but satisfying at the same time. Because of this, I think the stick battery form-factor is important. Further, being able to adjust the power--while it adds complexity--is something that is a must in order to keep some folks from going back. As far as a tank is concerned, I think an inexpensive glass tank (perhaps jacketed, like the Evod Glass) is best. Beginners don't want to have to worry about tank-crackers, but they will also worry about breaking their new best friend. The evods probably are too small in capacity, though...

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
As of right now I would suggest an MVP v2 and pro-tanks for an average beginner, If I knew the person was a little mechanically adapt and had the resolve to jump in right away(and would stay the course and truly wanted to quit) I would probably suggest a nemesis & kayfun set up.

Thanks for another chance
Goo luck everyone

iTiger

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
As I learned very quickly most beginners may get a bit confused by vv/vw devices but are turned off by the frustrations that come with basic ego style setups; the biggest issue people I know and myself have had with starting was basic setups can't provide enough to curve the urge to smoke and needing to recharge batteries multiple times a day seems harder than grabbing a CIG and lighter. The next big issue is needing multiple tanks because 1 will never be enough unless you somehow get a flavor you love and can vape nonstop right away.

So to me a great starter kit would be a MVP 2.0 because it can last forever on a charge is easy to recharge on the go as well as support a better range of tanks. A kit with 2 or 3 glass bottom coil tanks and extra wicks; I say glass because its a common beginners mistake to kill a plastic tank with a flavor like cinnamon and need a new one and its also common for beginners to ruin the wicks because they don't know how to properly prime them or for the inevitable occurrence that some coils are bad out of the package.

Ideally I would have been over the moon if I had started with the MVP 2.0 & a few Aspire ET-S tanks with bcv wicks.

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
A mod with an internal battery (istick/MVP/Groove) and a tank that performs well and is not too finicky as far as leaks and gurgling (protanks/nautilus) would be the best starter set up I can come up with. For me, the ego batts (non variable) and ce4s were a struggle, and it took moving on to an mvp and protanks for me to go 100% vaping. Thanks for the contest, Mike!

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I think for a starter kit for myself I would go either a cig alike or an ego with a simple tank. Seems like it was easier way back when there was not so many choices to get mixed up on. The tanks are cleaner than the old blue foam tea bags etc. Starting with something familiar in the hand and easy, then as you need more to keep you busy go for the harder stuff.

Noflers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
I think an Ego style battery with pass-through abilities would be a great start, then you can vape while at home or in the car without having to worry about battery levels. A solid tank wouldn't hurt either, something like an iClear 30 or one of the Protanks would be perfect. Of course a few extra coils and a slick little case would top it off.

Here's to a birthday win for me!

bellastarr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
USA
My advice for a starter kit would be to skip the ego style batteries and get either a MVP2 or Istick. The battery life is great on both, they are tough, and the ability to vape on them while they are charging is a major advantage. I'd also recommend a glass tank, one of the protanks or the nautilus mini. I wish I had done research and got that kind of setup at first, it would have saved me a lot of time, frustration and money.

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
I was lucky enough to have some help around the time I was starting and I found spinners and protank2 minis were just great. In fact I still use them when I go out and want something slim and easy. I have had success with a bunch of friends and neighbors with this starter set up and I really can't see anything better for a beginner even today. It is simple to use, easy to maintain and gets the job done. The coils are very cheap too!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I must say that the starter kit I started out with was almost perfect.....just a simple eGo-W kit with a 1100 MAH battery and CE4 clearomizer...They worked alright and lasted most of the day....the kit with 2 batteries was enough for a days use...and 2 tanks were good for 2 flavors as one was menthol and one tobacco....They had just come out with this style and I liked the silicone stopper and plastic tank. I didn't have to worry about cracking it. After 2 months the batteries started acting up and not holding the charge all the way...but it was long enough to see what I wanted next.....IMHO Perfect for any new vaper...

nanusic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Myrtle Beach
I started with the Joyetech VV, still use it at work.;)
Now that so many new ones have hit the market, I would like the contest offer! That iStick is a great liitle invention!!(I use that one mostly at work now)
I sure would like another because they work wonders with my little RBA'S!

Thank you for all of these fantastic contests!
Good luck everyone!!:D

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
The little inexpensive ego style starter kit I began with (after a very sort time with cigalikes) and have gotten several others into vaping with, were pretty awesome. After experiencing different mods and finally deciding I like box mods, why not offer two styles of starter kits and let the person make their own mind up as to which they would like to start out on. No doubt the mvp2 is a great beginner mod (it is a shame I didn't know that long before I learned that). Just my 3¢ (inflation). Thank you for the opportunity to enter and also enjoy reading what others have to say.

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
Knowing what I know now, I would skip the cigalikes, the egos and the plastic tanks and go straight for the good stuff. I'm not saying a provari or vapor shark, but an MVP 2 with a aspire mini nautilus. This does cost a little more than an ego and clearo set up, but IMHO, it gives the smoker a better chance at staying with vaping. If ever there were a time to spend a little more to, hopefully gain an edge, it is when you are trying to stop smoking.

Thank you for all of the amazing contests and good luck to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread