The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - July 13 through July 17

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's Monday, and that means it's time for a new Madvapes giveaway! Here's this week prize:

1 x EHPro Crystal Mod
    1 x EHPro Mr. Owl RDA
    2 x 18650 Batteries
    1 x Charger
    100mL of Any E-Liquid

To be eligible to win this week, post here telling us 2 things:

1) What was your first vape setup?

2) What was your first vape setup that actually got you to give up analogs?

One winner will be chosen at random on Friday. You can post multiple times if you'd like, but each person can only be entered into the contest once.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

• Like Like x 7
  2. vmtorres1

vmtorres1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 15, 2015
    Hello all!

My very first vape setup was a "smoke to live" branded Ego starter kit. It was very expensive and therefore I soldiered on... the setup that actually helped get rid of the analogs permanently was an iStick 30 and two tanks: the kangertech genitank (for high nic cravings) and the innokin iSub for flavor and clouds.

3. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    1) I started with a combo from a local B&M that they called the Ego M: two 650-fixed batteries, two MT3S's, and three 10 ml bottles of juice--all for the low, low price of $89.

2) I quit with the above setup... but I almost gave in to temptation (I literally asked for a pack after filling up my tank but they were out of my brand... lucky me!)... so what kept me off was was the MVP 2.0 (with the original MT3S's until I picked up an aerotank).

Thanks for the contest!

4. Slowone2

Slowone2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Virginia
    My first set up was a cig shop special. Then I went to a 510t which was what it took

5. Sir2fyablyNutz

Sir2fyablyNutz ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    1. My first vape was a blister pack whim decision at a cig store. 650 mah with a CE 5 plastic tank. My first juice was a cinnamon and I had to go back to get some green apple to mix it to vape.

2. My "game changer" was the Aspire Nautilus Mini on a Spinner 2. When I got this tank I "knew" I could defeat the demon of cigs.

Thanks for the contest.

6. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    1. I got a starter kit with two 1000mah ego batteries (non-variable) and two ce4 tanks. This was ok, but it didn't fully do the trick.
    2. My next step was an mvp and this was enough power (along with some evods)to overcome the analogs.

Thanks for the chance!

7. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

A KR808 D1 w/carto . . . Still use them, along with other APV & MOD's - too . . . :D

NA - Still a dual user, especially since I haven't found any "E-liquid' that has satisfied the "NEED" . . . :facepalm:

8. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    Started with a Blu set up but quit using a Bullsmoke cig-a-like. Longer lasting battery life....

9. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY

It was a cig-a-like we ordered online. two little auto 808 batteries and 16 mg cowboy cartridges. Worked for about 2 weeks and went back to the stinkies
    It was a ego twist with evod tank I bought from a local B&M about 2 months after the above set up failed me.. I had three stinkies after buying this set up and have not had a stinky since June 2013.

10. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

That'a an easy one.......An eGo-T setup with Top brand Tobacco.....

11. iota

iota Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    1) and 2) are the same for me!! I got started with a good setup that did the trick for me and got me off analogs right out of the gate! It was a spinner and kanger protank2 mini combo and it worked just great! I know that nowadays I would likely start off with a more powerful starter setup like the Subox starter kit, but I am glad I found something that worked for me and feel lucky to have gotten some good advice on what to buy at that time.

Thank ya' for the contest! I'm enjoying reading these :)

12. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    First vape was a 650 ego with a CE5 (well, two of each and spare heads!), 18 mg Turkish. That was only ok, as I was a heavy smoker. Upped the nic to 24 the following weekend, and haven't had a cig since.

For me, the nic level was the necessary part, although since I went VV a couple months later, it's been a LOT better!

13. GccTxs67

GccTxs67 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2015
    Virginia
    First Set Up was the Joyetech, eGo One 2200. I Love it and still use it on occasion, however, I didn't give up analogs until I got my first VV/VW Setup, which was an iStick 50 Watt with a Kanger Subtank, Have been Analog free for 66 Days today :0)

14. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    1) cigalike
    2) Halo Triton

15. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    1) I am pretty sure the first thing I ever vaped was one of those NJOY cigalikes that they were giving away for free. I was not very impressed.

2) The setup that did the magic for me was an ego twist with evods and protanks. I used this setup for such a long time and never had any complaints.

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

16. nanusic

nanusic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2014
    Myrtle Beach
    1. My first was a ego style with ce4 pack!
    2. MVP/iclear16s, got the ball rolling for final distaste for cigs!

Thank you again for these great contests!

17. LungCandy101

LungCandy101 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2014
    Orange County

Ego c-twist with a pyrex tank that I forgot the name of

I finally was able to quit when I got a kamry k100+ with an igo-w, since then I've tried too many setups to list.

Thanks for the opportunity tO participate in the contest!

18. TeamSwish

TeamSwish Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2011
    Detroit
    My first set up was horrible. It was years ago and I don't even remember the company name. The ecig was short and black and glowed blue at the end. The only choices of flavor was "regular" and menthol in prefilled carts.

I'm about 6 weeks analog free. Thank goodness. Using research from here I picked up a MVP 2.0 with Kanger Protank3. Everyone here has been insanely helpful at this forum. I ... love vaping.

19. gtrpickr

gtrpickr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    Tennessee
    my 1st setup was an Ego starter kit and it was the one that got me off analogs.

20. remark

remark Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    West Palm Beach, FL
    My first setup was a generic version of the ego batteries with some clearos, probably CE4s and the kit came with a charger and 20ml of juice. I can't say it worked too good as I kept going on the cigs for quite some time. The setup that finally got me off the analogs for good was my hana 30w clone by clouper and a kayfun lite clone. Still love that setup and I continue to use it often.

TY Crowdude654!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.