Status
Not open for further replies.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
When do you upgrade?
These days I don't consider it upgrading - more like expanding.

Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things?

Always looking. Get new gear fairly often but have been trying to slow down a bit (key word - trying)

Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"?

Have PIF'd a few things but most of it is kept and gets used - it's nice to have multiple setups going with different flavors.

Thanks for the contest!

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
I have slowed down on new things a lot over time and I have been lucky that not much has broken down for me. I did lose an MVP shortly after buying one last year though! Mostly, I just use what works the best and treat it gently so that it stays new. I can't tell you the hundreds of hours I have gotten out of my clouper dna30 hana clone, mostly with a kayfun lite = still going strong too! I don't think about upgrading unless it seems like a real groundbreaking item. The kanger subtank mini, for instance, was my last purchase that I just had to find out what all of the talk was about. Lastly, as far as what I keep and what I pif, I would say it is a mix. I try to keep things that I might use, but I have no problem gifting things that are collecting dust.

TY for the HUGE prize this week, Crowedude!
Good luck to all!

MackBolan

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Ashburn, VA
I have been vaping for almost a year. I have upgraded when I felt I had outgrown what I was using. I started with and ego battery and evod tanks I used this about 2 months. I then won a giveaway for a mech mod, Kayfun and RDA with a Kick. I used this for about 3 months. That was a much better vape for me. after a while I wanted to try VV and VW to get a bit more out of my vape so I purchased a Smok XPro M50 and a Subtank Mini to go with it. I was happy with the additional power and the size and airflow of this and wanted to have a spare to match it. I then purchased another Sub Tank Mini and a Smok XPro M65. That is my main setup. I have Gotten a few other devices from other giveaway's and enjoy trying them out at home. The size of the Smok's and Subtank Mini's are great and don't stick out. I'm currently keeping an eye out for a compact temperature controlled mod to step up to but I'm not in a hurry to get the first one or two that come out.

Thanks for the giveaway's MadVapes.

Reactions: wvducklady

gtrpickr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2012
Tennessee
I dont upgrade very often, if I know something is starting to wear out I will replace it. When I get a setup that works I tend to stick with it so I really am not trying to find all the new "shiney" things. It is nice to get something new now and again but I dont have to be the first to have the latest and greatest.

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
When my husband and I first started vaping, we used ego batteries and would replace them when they broke or when the battery would quit holding a good charge. Later we replaced these with spinners and other ego like VV batteries such as the winder. This has stayed the same. I treated myself to one mechanical last Christmas and a kayfun. These are my safety nets, just in case. ;)

At first we tried everything new such as cartomizers, atomizers until we found the carto tanks and we felt we had found our perfect vape. But then, we tried a few other wicked tanks as they started to show up and I've settled on the novas and he loves the protank.

I like trying the shiny and new and upgrading when I can. He was content with each new thing we tried lol. He's worked down to 0 nic and has completely quit vaping now. I'm proud of him. He's a former 2 pack a day truck driver and now he's only a truck driver. :) I'm not anywhere near that yet. I'm not sure I ever will be.

We've passed on some of our egos and tanks, not because we weren't using them but to help a couple people who wanted to quit smoking. Two don't smoke at all now (YAY) but the third still does but has started buying some vape gear looking for his perfect vape. It's a start. :)

Thanks for the contest. MV always has such great prizes. Good Luck to everyone.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things?
With the abundance of new gear and new technology, as well as the improved longevity of most new mods I find I can't wait for something to break to replace it - bad case of 'shinyitis' for sure... gotta' try the next new thing!
Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"?
I keep a number of mods and attys ready to go, but there are a number others relagated to 'collection' status. I keep going in to sort them out, but then as I'm packaging them I remember how well they vaped and have got to try them out again... it's a neverending battle to get ride of 'stuff'. I do on ocassion box some up for a newb to try, but I haven't run into that many.​

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I have been vaping a year and a half. In that time I've gone from the ego to regulated mods to mechs and now at high watt regulatd mods mechs and a hybrid. Most of my upgrades have been when after weeks and weeks of looking at something that I just can't live without I breakdown and buy it. I always shop sales discounts and deals. I'd love to be able to buy all the latest and greatest but just can't budget that much money for vaping.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
When do you upgrade?
I upgrade until I find the perfect setup. Generally I like to try different RTA's.

I like to look at all the new items (window shop) but I have found what works best for me (Kayfuns and regulated mods) and don't purchase much except for liquids.

I give away a lot of stuff, to others that vape.

tick22

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Vanceboro, NC
I only upgrade if something catches my eye and I really need it. Yes, money is the main problem. I still use my old spinners, Aerotanks, Viva novas etc. I have moved up to a sigi 30watt which brings those old school clearos back to life. I have PIFed most my older stuff when I have a new person get interested in Vaping. A battery, topper and juice with instructions on how to use and my number so if they run into trouble they can visit or call me. personally, I think the newer stuff like TC and monster wattage are just a passing thing or for the Hobbyist. Those that are trying to quit smoking do better I found out, using easier stuff than the advanced stuff. if later they become more involved, I try and help them out but really, it is to stop smoking for my friends....

Thanks for the chance.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
In the beginning I was upgrading every week it seemed. Then I found ECF and started "investing" in good equipment. I have a back up mod, and back up tanks. It seems I'm always shopping though. "shineyitis" is a fun and interesting dilemma. I'm to the point I try and be deliberate with my shopping. I've been looking at mods lately but there have been so many new ones out it's difficult to decide. (plus my vape budget starts again at the first of the month).

The vape gear I no longer use goes into the "donate" drawer. When I find someone that can use it, out it goes.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
To be entered into this contest, tell us a little bit about your vaping habits. Specifically,

When do you upgrade? Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things? Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"?

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

When I first started vaping about 16 months ago, I was constantly looking for something "new and shiny". When I found something I liked, I would get at least a couple of whatever (backups for your backups' backups ;) ) Got to February of this year, and the major hardware spree tapered. Picked up a mech mod (didn't have one in the collection) and an inexpensive bottom feeder (just because I want to try one) in the past few months.

Older gear has been moved onto new vapers to help them in their quests. DIY is an expanding focus area, and I love making flavahs for my new vape buddies.

@Crowedude654 , thanks for offering all these contests!

Reactions: Stosh

74deeds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Seattle

When do you upgrade?
I upgrade when I get the chance.
Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things? I work on a fairly tight budget, so I usually only upgrade when something fails to work.
Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"? Usually goes into a collection as they are not PIF condition in my opinion.

Thanks for the Weekly contests!! HAGD!

LungCandy101

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Orange County
I'm always on the lookout, but I've recently been more discriminatory. I've been vaping for almost 3 years now and the first 6 months were a constant, progressive move to bigger and better. I finally settled on Kayfuns and an iStick50 because it gives me the best combination of flavor and battery life. I have added a few Subtanks to my ranks, but it is mostly Kayfuns in my arsenal (12 at last count). I also recently added a Starre tank to the lineup, but I didn't buy it, I won it. I've been looking lately at a nice dripper (Velocity) and I know I'll need something with a bit more power to drive it. Something like this will be my first major upgrade purchase since February.

mistercape

Verified Member
Jul 17, 2015
When do you upgrade? Do you wait until your current setup breaks, or are you always on the hunt for new shiny things? Do you get rid of your old gear when you upgrade, or does it get added to "The Collection"?

I have yet to upgrade. I am relatively new to the vaping scene. I'm using the SMOK magjestic II. I have had it for awhile and am doing my own research and reading the forums on what I should "upgrade" to. I've gotten a couple new tanks, but have yet to commit to an entire new setup. But I am ready to really get "The Collection" going lol.

nanusic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Myrtle Beach
I know there are new tanks, but I still use the messy drippers. Old habits are hard to break! I love the flavor and piddling around with setups! I'm no cloud chaser, but I love a good 20 to 30 watt vape experience!
I have several tanks that are nice, but they are sitting around because I change flavors constantly!

Thanks again!

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I don't usually upgrade until something breaks. I like to look at shiny things, but I was still using a xpro m50 until my brother in law gave me an IPV mini 2. Mech mods I'll upgrade if I don't care for them but I give my old gear away or sell everything for next to nothing.
It would be cool to have some back up gear, but I'll probably give some of my old stuff to someone who needs it more anyway.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread