The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - March 10 thru March 14

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's that time of the week again! This week we're giving away:

2 x SmokTech eMax VV/VW Batteries, 1300mAh
    2 x T-Dux 2.0 Clearomizers, 1.8 ohm
    1 x USB Charger, 420mA
    1 x Replacement Coil, 1.8 ohm Single Coil
    1 x Replacement Carto Coil, 2.1-ohm Dual Coil
    2 x 15mL Bottle of Lion Head e-Liquid, Winner's Choice of Flavor and Nicotine Strength

To be entered into the contest this week, tell us the story of your first e-cig or starter kit. Everybody has that first kit that they overpaid for from the mall or the gas station. We want to hear how it all started for you! It can be as long or as short as you want!

Thank you to everyone for making these contests a success! GOOD LUCK!! :D

2. StirCwazy

StirCwazy Full Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2014
    USA
    First kit I had was a Triple3. I purchased it at a local vape shop. I paid $65 for the battery (non VV, just a standard eGo style), a charger, a black case, a single topper and a bottle of Halo Sub-Zero. It's one of the top days of my life, the day I dropped analogs and never touched them again. Not to mention I found a new hobby/addiction :p

Thanks for the contest, and good luck to all who enter!

3. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    my first ecig was a single disposeable from my local grocery store. I puffed, I liked and I investigated online then I found ecf :D

4. dolphins35

dolphins35 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Spanaway, Wa
    My first Ecig was an Apollo extreme. It was a little 510 stick cig kit for heavy smokers.
    I used it for about a month successfully then upgraded to a twist.
    After that, I went to the Apollo Lavatube.
    Then I went thru my have to have all the cool kids toys and bought several mods.

Then I realized that it was too excessive and sold and Piffed until I got down to 4.
    This is where I stay. If I get something new, I sell or PIF something old :)
    It works out well now.
    1 1/2 years later, I am still smoke free, off supplemental oxygen and live a happy life again!

Does not count, I recently won and would like someone else to win :)

5. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    My first kit was purchased online after visiting this website.

Spinner/Twist Ego VV Tank Combo

6. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    I am only a few weeks into vaping, so my current 'set up' is my original starter 'set up'.

I was/am lucky though, and a good friend (who vapes) helped me with everything...I can't imagine having had to figure this stuff out on my own. Anyways, I got a couple of ego twists and mini protankII's that have been fantastic. We searched around the internet and found pretty good prices to get me started. I remember when we were shopping around how high some of the prices were for the exact same products! It is good to have friends that have gone down the path first!!!!

Thanks for this contest :)

7. DocTonyNYC

DocTonyNYC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I thought that I was being a good consumer, and I did quite a bit of research before buying my first starter kit. Because of this, I thought that I was getting something that would work for me for a long time. Apparently, though, my research skills aren't as good as I thought. . .

I came across a site that reviews and ranks the so-called "best" e-cigarette systems. Most of the starter kits in their "top ten" are cigalikes--if I had known any better at the time, this should have been the first warning sign. I ended up ordering a starter kit from a pretty well known (and, frankly, well respected in some ways) company, and I paid a lot more than I should have. But, I wanted the best, right?!?! :facepalm: After about a week of using this system, I had learned a lot more. One of the things that I learned what that the system that I bought has compatibility problems because their batteries are 808-threaded. Within about a week, I purchased my first ego-style battery. That first set is sitting in a box gathering dust at the moment.

It's funny because I still see newbies seeking advice, and the cult-like followers of that company are very quick to advise newbies to buy from them. I've tried to tactfully point out the drawbacks, and it's almost funny how upset it makes the defenders. The truth is that the quality of that system is very good--it's a compatibility problem.

8. Nu2Dis

Nu2Dis Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2013
    Jersey Shore, NJ, USA
    My first e-cig was purchased at a local B&M. I didn't even know what it was all about. I just happened to see a small sign on the window while attending a street fair in town.

paid $80.00 for 2) EGO clones (1100 mah) and 2 CE-4's with 10mL of juice; included a cheap carrying case.

I tossed my last half a pack of stinkies in their trash can, and haven't looked back since.

9. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    My first kit was from MadVapes at Northlake. It was 2 ego batteries, a charger, and 5 cartomizers with a 10ml bottle of ejuice inside the black ego carrying case back in Feb 2012.

I can't take credit for starting with a great set because my dh was the one that wanted to quit and did all the research. He also bought his kit the month before to prove to me it would work lol.

10. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    My wife asked me to order one of those "free" ecigs that she had heard about. I soon found "free" meant over $100 billed to your credit card.

But after some short searching, I found ecf. I asked a couple questions here. I got some great advice.

Soon, in the mail, I received my first two kits and some great flavors. Although I got them for my wife, she never has taken to ecigs. I didn't want to try them, but I hate waste, so I did. After three days, I was smoke free. I have not had a ciggy since!

11. MotherNatural

MotherNatural Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My first was a Halo Triton kit. Did I pay too much? For sure. Was it worth it to get started and off analogs? Definitely. Within the first two days after receiving the kit I realized it wasn't what I wanted. I was off to the races ordering new equipment and my credit card started burning faster than my coils.

12. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    LOL Great contest idea...everyone has the 'ol starter kit story, and they are fun to hear!

I don't know if anyone remembers the NJOY free sample thing from last summer, but that was my first. This led me to seek out some more information online about what else was out there, because the NJOY really didn't thrill me, but I loved the idea of vaping. I found a pretty typical starter kit online...it was overpriced for sure, but it got me going. Two standard (not variable) ego batteries, two ce4's, an ego charger and a 10ml bottle of juice for $70 (ballpark estimate). I quickly spent another $50 bucks or so on a handful of evods and some extra coils.

I still remember thinking that since I was set for hardware (BIG TIME LOL...what a noob!!!) I might as well spend every last cent on a massive juice supply (noob mistake #2)...and I went on the most epic juice buying spree of all time! This was before I knew anything about who the good juice vendors were or all the deals that go on. Memories!

Crowedude; great contest, once again! Thank you for the generosity and the fun thread!

13. Downtownjeffbrown

Downtownjeffbrown Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    Mine was a blu starter kit that was absolutely horrible and cost way to much. I ended up giving it away once a friend that worked at a b&m store shipped me some better batteries and some evods. Gosh I've come a far way in just a short time vaping.

>^·^< Sent From MEOW G2

14. Debra_oh

Debra_oh Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 23, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    My first kit came with 2 450mah Ego batteries and a few empty cartridges along with some pre-filled ones. It worked ok but I quickly found out that the cartridges were a pain to fill and didn't last all that long.

Thanks for the great contest!

15. liltommy

liltommy Full Member

Sep 2, 2013
    waldorf,md,usa
    My 1st was a disposable blu. It thought it was pretty good at the time. My 1st amateur mistake though was buying some e-juice on the 1st site I came across to refill the cartomizers of my Blu "kit". Cant remember how much exactly but it was over $10 for 5 ml bottle.
    Needless to say I don't buy ANYTHING from that vendor now.

16. TJVJR

TJVJR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Tri Cities , TN
    My first "kit" was from a local cig store , It was a 21st Century . I really liked the flavor but the cartos didn't last very long , were a bit inconsistent and had odd threading . I wound up buying 3 or 4 battery's and quiet a few cartos before I found ECF and learned I could refill them . The short battery life was still a issue so I bought some KGO battery's from a member here roughly 2 years a go ,2 out of the 3 I still use often .

17. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    I still have my starter kit from 3 years ago and it was $100..it didn't keep me off cigs!!

18. therussellv

therussellv Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Winters, Texas
    My first real ecig was a "novelty" ego battery, never worked right, would shut off randomly, two ce4s, and two 10 ml juices, total $80, but I'm feeling MUCH better now

Last stinky October 15, 2013

19. inksane

inksane Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2011
    Minnesota
    I started off with a blu starter kit and I used it about a week and then returned it because it was so bad. I then called you guys on the phone and ordered up a rough stack and have been addicted to mods ever since.

20. vvaappeerr

vvaappeerr Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Tennessee, USA
    My very first kit was a cig-a-like type, overpriced kit. The battery wouldn't stay charged very long and the atomizer wouldn't work very long. Well, that didn't stick.

My very first ego type kit was one with the "type A" and "type B" kind of tank and atomizer set ups. I don't know how I even used that for the month that I did. It did the trick though, especially after I found the ECF and realized you could do even more with an Ego Battery. I was trying everything I saw.

I'm thankful that I found this site and through trial and error found something that works beautifully for me. I don't ever want to go back to cigarettes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.