Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hello and Happy Monday everyone! This week, we're giving away:

1 x EHPro 26650 Cronus
1 x EHPro 26650 Tobh
2 x PVTSO 26650 IMR batteries
1 x Charger
1 x 30-Foot Spool Vapowire
1 x Pack of Blue Box Organic Japanese Cotton (5 Sheets)
100mL of Any e-liquid

To be entered into the contest this week, we're asking that you again help out CASAA by submitting a comment to the FDA. Full instructions can be found here:

http://blog.casaa.org/2015/03/call-to-action-submit-comments-on-fdas.html

This is a little bit more involved than the last comment period, but no less important. Post here once it's done, or let us know if you have already submitted a comment, and you'll be entered!

Please spread the word about this comment period to everyone you know that vapes. It's extremely important that the FDA hears our voices if we expect to keep vaping accessible for years to come.

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

rowsley

Ultra Member
Jan 26, 2015
Celina, Ohio
7d530344dcb29fcc127da9adfdccf437.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity. Followed their example as well as I could. I didn't see the workshop but I understand what we are trying to accomplish.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Your Comment Tracking Number: 1jz-8hwj-aunf

This is my letter minus attachments

To: U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Re: Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health; Public Workshop; 79 FR 55815, September 17, 2014, Docket No. FDA-2014-N-0001
Date:03/24/2015

I am a consumer, writing on my own behalf. I consider myself a vapor since mid 2009. I have personally experienced significant health benefits including but not limited to taste, lung, and heart related gains. I had in the past tried Chantix, Patches, Gum, and inhalers. None of which had any effect on my smoking. In fact at one point I had two patches, and was chewing the nicotine gum, while still sneaking an actual cigarette.

In addition to the health benefits. Using a vaporizer has allowed me to spend vast amounts of quality time with my children. Where as before I was limited to the amount of time I could tolerate without a actual cigarette.

I am writing to comment on “Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health; Public Workshop; 79 FR 55815, September 17, 2014, Docket No. FDA-2014-N-0001.” This docket follows up on a workshop you held in December 2014 that was intended to hear expert presentation about physical and performance characteristics and variations of e-cigarettes and their toxicological and other implications.

While the Experts may have been Experts on testifying at workshops. They are clearly not experts on the subject matter the workshop was about. I sincerely hope this is not the way the FDA conducts all it's research activities. I am also hopeful that the FDA uses solid data driven facts. And that the research included is done with a sound methodology that is the cornerstone to any scientific conclusions. From the reports of the workshop. You seem to be working in the opposite direction. I have heard from vaping detractors, "Well it looks like smoking. And that is enough for us" If that is the direction of the FDA. The I am sorry for wasting your time. You will obviously be much to busy banning water (which looks like vodka) and tic tac's (looks like pills).

If however it is truly the health of citizens and taxpayers. I encourage you to at least spend a little time looking at real data, from real experts, who have conducted "Real world studies".

Thanks you for your time
Sincerely
Bryan Sage
bssage@gmail.com
1704 Hilton RD
Keokuk IA 52632

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks for this incredible incentive to do something we should all be doing even without incentive.

I was halfway through posting when the contest came in... now I am finished.

Comment Tracking Number: 1jz-8hxt-w0wn

Does anyone know how to view the comments? I can't seem to find a link...

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I have commented before, last year! Is this something that should be done each year?

I certainly never want to lose my rights, so I will do this as many times as nessesary!
Thank you again for these fantastic contests!:)

This is an entirely different period for comments...

3rd - Submit your comment HERE. The Deadline is April 15, 2015.

Required and Suggested Talking points -

(Required) Include the following information at the very top of your comment:
  • I am commenting on Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health; Public Workshop; 79 FR 55815, September 17, 2014, Docket No. FDA-2014-N-0001

Describe yourself a bit:
  • Mention if you are an e-cigarette user and how long you have been using e-cigarettes. Go ahead and mention how long ago e-cigarettes allowed you to quit smoking if that describes you. (It is not relevant to this docket, as noted, but it does not hurt to remind them.)
  • If you are a CASAA member, please mention that to remind them that there is an organized consumer voice they should be listening to. (If you are not, please to go HERE and join. It is free and important.)
  • The material presented at this workshop would have benefited greatly from consumer input.
  • I am commenting to call attention to some of the enormous body of knowledge and expertise that exists in the consumer community.

Thank You.

(I'm still working on mine... :) )

Last edited:

2DresQ36

Oct 12, 2014
Charlotte, NC, USA
Excellent requirement for this weeks contest!! I took my time to get this one 100% right!
My comment tracking number is 1jz-8hxw-y3ky
The government is reaching as hard as they can to replace the revenue that will be lost through shrinking population of tobacco users! They want to control and tax where ever they can or put laws in place to make it harder to do or illegal altogether. Does anyone remember prohibition?
Go CASSA!! Always vigilant!! If you haven't joined, stop waiting!
As always.....
Keep On Vapin'!!! :vapor:

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Well I finally got my comments sent off to the FDA and it took some time for me to get good related info on device's, e-liquid, etc. To send as attachments and of course everything I commented on and I've been a CASAA member for some time now and I like to follow through with all the important things like this as best as I can & I was doing this anyway & not because of the contest but hey this is great to make everyone work for the prize and this would be the biggest win, if we can all do our vaping duties for the community as a whole & support CASAA on all of the issues as they support us and then we are all the CASAA! :)
Thanks for these great contests Mad Vapes & what you give away are the greatest too, thank you! :2cool:

I can't seem to post a copy of my receipt, I saved it & now I can't open that either! Well you all will just have to believe me and if not, that's ok cause I know what I did! :)

Ah here we go, luckily I checked the email my receipt and just got it:
Your comment was submitted successfully!

Comment Tracking Number: 1jz-8hy1-x0ha

Your comment may be viewable on Regulations.gov once the agency has reviewed it. This process is dependent on agency public submission policies/procedures and processing times. Use your tracking number to find out the status of your comment.

Agency: Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Document Type: Rulemaking
Title: Establishment of a Public Docket; Electronic Cigarettes and the Public Health Workshop
Document ID: FDA-2014-N-1936-0001

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread