Charlotte, NC
Hello MadVapers, and Happy Monday! This week, we're giving away:

1 x Aspire Atlantis tank
1 x CF Sub Ω Battery
1 x USB Charger
1 x AC to USB Adapter
5 x Replacement coils
100mL of Any e-liquid

As you may have noticed, we lost an hour over the weekend. To be entered into the contest this week, tell us what you think about daylight savings time. Would you rather have more sunlight in the morning or at night? If the area where you live doesn't observe daylight savings time, just tell us so!

Personally, I hate when it's pitch black when I wake up. I'd rather have sunlight in the morning and less sunlight in the evening. Oh well. Only 8 months until we get to "fall back".

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!! (And keep in mind, this is the second month in a row that we have a contest ending on Friday the 13th.....just saying.)

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
I like the daylight savings time system when I get an extra hour of sleep and I hate it when it takes it from me!!!

I honestly don't even think about it much after that... the first couple of days of darker or lighter mornings get my attention but once I am used to it, it makes no difference to me. Just about all the clocks in my house change automatically now anyways...except for the dumb microwave LOL! Thanks Crowedude!!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I've always been a morning person (with coffee). To me the "daylight savings - spring forward/fall back" issue is not important. I'm going to be up before the sun regardless. I missed the fall back last year and when I showed up for work an hour early it was pandemonium. I laugh about it now but I have often been reminded of the time change since.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Actually - I don't have a problem with either DST or Standard Time . . . Just want one or the other and not have to continually go back and forth anymore . . . Since there is no reason at all anymore for the time changes - I really wish "They" would leave the time alone and let us stay on "Real" Time and give "Us" all a break . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

ykeKRwE.gif

earthrotate.gif

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
It is an annoyance for me, plus I don't enjoy waking up in the dark, but I think there are some reasons that it is still in place even though we are not an agrarian society. Utilities get used less for one. I would be fine if they would leave it alone from now on, but I doubt that'll happen. TY for this great prize package this week!

Noble Gas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
California
I only realized a few years ago that DST was just one time change, springing forward; and that the falling back was the undoing of that time change. For me, it only meant that twice a year my internal clock was thrown out the window and that I'd spend the next few months readjusting to it, resulting in even more insomnia and tardiness trouble than usual; plus, it was a hassle whenever I had jobs that required communications with people in other states or countries that didn't have it. So I hated it. I dismissed it as being just for farmers and people who hadn't yet discovered the wonder of electric lights, and that it had no purpose for us city folk.
Then a friend of mine pointed out how she and many of her women friends found comfort in the added safety of not having to commute in darkness both on the way to work, and on the way home. So I've changed my tune a little bit. I'd still prefer we throw it away, but I can finally appreciate that some people do benefit from it, and even embrace it.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think it's a complete waste of time....when it was created there was a need for it....What I have learned was changing the time was for the farmers and to save money on power and power usage during the war...and since the farmers don't need to it anymore as most farms are run by machines.....it doesn't save any power or money on power....it needs to go away....just keep one or the other....I don't even think it matters what one...
There is nothing you can do about the lack of hours for the sunlight in the winter....it's just a fact of nature that there is less hours of sun in the winter.....so there will always be a time when you get up and it's dark out...

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
Not a big fan of it. Having to change all the clocks and get up in the dark is a drag, but forgetting to change the clocks is even worse! I would prefer that we stay on the same time all year. Reading some of the posts that give the reasons behind this is interesting though. I didn't know why we did this and I'm glad to know that there is some good that comes from doing it. Thanks!

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
I'm mostly indifferent to it personally - I work at home, so shifting my hours doesn't really make any difference to me. I do appreciate the safety factor of it being light and therefore safer for people who have to commute. I know in theory it's supposed to save energy, which is a good idea, but I'm not sure that it really has that effect anymore. I guess people might use fewer lights when it's light out so that would be a good thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread