MadVapes Weekly Contest - November 17 through November 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Hi Everyone, and welcome to a new week and new giveaway! This week the prize is:

1 x EHPro Cronus
1 x EHPro Atomic rda
2 x 18650 batteries, High Amperage
1 x LUC Charger
100mL of Any e-liquid

To be entered into the contest this week, all you have to do is answer this question: Do you rebuild? Why or why not?

Just as a reminder, I will post in The Mad Lounge thread after the winners are chosen on Friday, and I'll announce the winners on Monday in the same thread.

Thanks all, and GOOD LUCK!!

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I spent many months re-wicking but not rebuilding... primarily because I bought a boatload of spare heads when I first started vaping. However, I finally started reaching the end of life on some of the coils and, at the same time, picked up my first RTA. So I got myself some 30 ga. kanthal, watched a bunch of videos, and am now pretty competent at rebuilding single coil kanger heads. I'm still experimenting with what to do with dual coil kanger heads--I've tried a vertical coil in one, but the method I used was pretty time consuming, and I think I completed it out of luck rather than any skill--and my RTA has a pretty simple single coil deck, so I haven't done too much experimenting there....

traderljp

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2013
South Florida
I do rebuild...a variety of drippers and also rebuild my protank heads. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to building, so I usually look for whatever will still vape at that moment and, when everything needs changing/rebuilding, I'll make a bunch of new coils and heads at one time. The reason I rebuild is that is better performance, flavor and economy.

Thanks for this weeks contest!

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I've been rebuilding for a while now. I can vary the ohms to whatever I'm in the mood for, (usually about 1.5Ω to 2.0Ω) and the flavor - vapor production is better than any stock coils I've ever used. Also there is nothing better than the taste of a brand new coil and wick, and it seems to be across all toppers, tanks, RDA....etc.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Yes, I do rebuild. Kanger Heads (i like Protank V1 & Mini V2). I Also rebuild Kayfuns. Using 28 & 32 gauge wire. On the kangers I usually go for about 1.5 & 2.0 Ω. On the Kayfuns I usually go .9 to 1.1 Ω, but i do vary it up a bit depending on juice & device i want to use it on. I use cotton for wick. I rebuild because it's cheaper & I enjoy doing it, it's fun. I have found like most have the kanger rebuilds are much better in all aspects then the factory ones.

Thanks as always for another great contest & prize package.

Good Luck Everyone.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I don't rebuild at this time. I educated myself and practiced, stocked up supplies for the Vapocalypse, but no big desire just yet. I have lots of cheap new heads that hit my sweet spot, so I'll wait until I start running low. The used heads wait in a baggie for future attention. It's pretty convenient to just swap in a new head every couple weeks.

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
Yes, I do rebuild. I've used mainly protanks (until recently), so I have learned to rebuild the Kanger Heads. I also have a couple of cheap RBA/RDAs that I am now building on as well, and they are getting more and more use lately.

I like that I can, inexpensively, have a fresh new wick and wire to vape with in a short amount of time. Can't beat the cost of kanthal and cotton! TYTYTY for the chance at this great prize!

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
I build my igo dripper and sometimes do my kanger coils. I have more trouble with the kangers, they usually wind up tasting burnt and are often leaky. I wish I had a foolproof method to do a better job with them. I've watched a bunch of videos and think I am doing things right, but I must be doing something wrong (If anyone has a youtube link to a good one, I'd appreciate it :):):) ) But I can make a nice one that is reliable for the dripper. The thing I like most about building is that I am more self-reliant and know that I will always have something to vape. Thank you for the contest Crowedude654!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I do rebuild. I enjoy rebuilding everything I can; RBAs and RDAs for myself, and even Heads for things like the ProTank and others when I do them for other people. I like being able to customize the wick, wire, and ohms to suit my needs, or the needs of others that I do it for when the send me Heads. I have always been the techie type and don't mind taking the time to fiddle and tweak to get a wick and coil setup just right. Plus, rebuilding is so much cheaper!

Thanks for the contest and a chance at this great prize package! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread