The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - November 17 through November 21

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi Everyone, and welcome to a new week and new giveaway! This week the prize is:

1 x EHPro Cronus
    1 x EHPro Atomic RDA
    2 x 18650 Batteries, High Amperage
    1 x LUC Charger
    100mL of Any e-Liquid

To be entered into the contest this week, all you have to do is answer this question: Do you rebuild? Why or why not?

Just as a reminder, I will post in The Mad Lounge thread after the winners are chosen on Friday, and I'll announce the winners on Monday in the same thread.

Thanks all, and GOOD LUCK!!

2. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I spent many months re-wicking but not rebuilding... primarily because I bought a boatload of spare heads when I first started vaping. However, I finally started reaching the end of life on some of the coils and, at the same time, picked up my first RTA. So I got myself some 30 ga. kanthal, watched a bunch of videos, and am now pretty competent at rebuilding single coil kanger heads. I'm still experimenting with what to do with dual coil kanger heads--I've tried a vertical coil in one, but the method I used was pretty time consuming, and I think I completed it out of luck rather than any skill--and my RTA has a pretty simple single coil deck, so I haven't done too much experimenting there....

3. MattMann228

MattMann228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Yes, I have been rebuilding and perfecting my coils for almost a year now. It's cheaper to rebuild than buying coil heads all the time and I enjoy knowing that I am vaping on my own coils and I can change the ohms to whatever I want depending on how I feel. Thanks for another great contest.

4. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    I do rebuild...a variety of drippers and also rebuild my protank heads. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to building, so I usually look for whatever will still vape at that moment and, when everything needs changing/rebuilding, I'll make a bunch of new coils and heads at one time. The reason I rebuild is that is better performance, flavor and economy.

Thanks for this weeks contest!

5. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    To be entered into the contest this week, all you have to do is answer this question: Do you rebuild? Why or why not?

yes I rebuild my coils. Much better flavor and so much more cost effective.
    Thanks MadVape for the contest.

6. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    I've been rebuilding for a while now. I can vary the ohms to whatever I'm in the mood for, (usually about 1.5Ω to 2.0Ω) and the flavor - vapor production is better than any stock coils I've ever used. Also there is nothing better than the taste of a brand new coil and wick, and it seems to be across all toppers, tanks, RDA....etc.

7. maddogg

maddogg Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    dog house
    no
    hands to fat
    and its easier just to replace
    ty

8. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Yes, I do rebuild. Kanger Heads (i like Protank V1 & Mini V2). I Also rebuild Kayfuns. Using 28 & 32 gauge wire. On the kangers I usually go for about 1.5 & 2.0 Ω. On the Kayfuns I usually go .9 to 1.1 Ω, but i do vary it up a bit depending on juice & device i want to use it on. I use cotton for wick. I rebuild because it's cheaper & I enjoy doing it, it's fun. I have found like most have the kanger rebuilds are much better in all aspects then the factory ones.

Thanks as always for another great contest & prize package.

Good Luck Everyone.

9. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I don't rebuild at this time. I educated myself and practiced, stocked up supplies for the Vapocalypse, but no big desire just yet. I have lots of cheap new heads that hit my sweet spot, so I'll wait until I start running low. The used heads wait in a baggie for future attention. It's pretty convenient to just swap in a new head every couple weeks.

10. remark

remark Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Yes, I do rebuild. I've used mainly protanks (until recently), so I have learned to rebuild the Kanger Heads. I also have a couple of cheap RBA/RDAs that I am now building on as well, and they are getting more and more use lately.

I like that I can, inexpensively, have a fresh new wick and wire to vape with in a short amount of time. Can't beat the cost of kanthal and cotton! TYTYTY for the chance at this great prize!

11. rangerrobin

rangerrobin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Sonoma County, CA
    I don't rebuild because I don't know how to. However, I do re-wick Kanger coils, so maybe someday. ;)

Thanks for another contest and great prize!

Good Luck All!

12. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    Yes, I use rebuildables. I would prefer being able to swap out coil heads but I can't get the flavor and/or vapor production that I can get from rebuilding.

13. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    I love to rebuild and I like 28ga and elfswick. I bought a magma for my mech mod and I'm really enjoying doing different coils and ohms and I use little screwdrivers to make coils and bought a $10 torch so it's handy for kanger heads..thanks for another great give-away..you are the best......

14. diabolique

diabolique Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Yes I do rebuild my coils, been practicing on ViVi Nova heads, next will be Kanger Pro Tank Heads

15. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    I build my igo dripper and sometimes do my kanger coils. I have more trouble with the kangers, they usually wind up tasting burnt and are often leaky. I wish I had a foolproof method to do a better job with them. I've watched a bunch of videos and think I am doing things right, but I must be doing something wrong (If anyone has a youtube link to a good one, I'd appreciate it :):):) ) But I can make a nice one that is reliable for the dripper. The thing I like most about building is that I am more self-reliant and know that I will always have something to vape. Thank you for the contest Crowedude654!

16. therussellv

therussellv Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Winters, Texas
    Yes I rebuild, because it is cheaper and the coils I make work better and last longer.

17. gtrpickr

gtrpickr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    Tennessee
    I started rebuilding to save money and its nice to be able to try different builds to see how it affects flavor and vapor.

18. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes............but most of the time I just use my Unitank or carto tank...sometimes it's just easier.....

19. bellastarr

bellastarr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    USA
    No, I'm too lazy and don't know how anyway..lol. I do rewick my kanger coils. If I ever get a rebuildable, I'll learn maybe, but i have a few friends that have offered to rebuild for me if I do.

20. 100%VG

100%VG Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2013
    Starbase 12 near Risa
    I do rebuild. I enjoy rebuilding everything I can; RBAs and RDAs for myself, and even Heads for things like the ProTank and others when I do them for other people. I like being able to customize the wick, wire, and ohms to suit my needs, or the needs of others that I do it for when the send me Heads. I have always been the techie type and don't mind taking the time to fiddle and tweak to get a wick and coil setup just right. Plus, rebuilding is so much cheaper!

Thanks for the contest and a chance at this great prize package! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.