Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
I sent my emails and called last week. Thanks for the contest madvapes and the effort to raise awareness.

Email sent, and called. Got this reply today;
Thank you very much for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015. I value and give careful consideration to the good counsel that I receive, and refer to that good counsel as the "wisdom of the district." As you may know,H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015, was introduced by Rep. Tom Cole (OK-04) on April 28, 2015. This legislation would amend the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act to change the February 15, 2007 grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products to the date in which thedeeming regulation is finalizedfor such products. This would allow new tobacco products and e-cigarettes to be "deemed"and in turn be subject to FDA regulation. It isimportantthat wepromotesmarter, lighter regulations onbusinessesandentrepreneurs. I believe weshouldalso consider the risk that these products pose when theyfall into the hands of minors. It is time to review regulations in all areas to ensure that they are effective, in the best interest of the American people, and most importantly constitutional. You will be pleased to know, that I am a co-sponsor of this legislation. H.R. 2058 has beenreferredto the HouseCommitteeon Energy and Commerce.

It is important to me that I keep you fully informed regarding how I am representing you in Congress, so please visit my website Rigell.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter, "The Rigell Report." I also encourage you to join me on Facebook at facebook.com/RepScottRigell. Both sites feature timely updates on the votes I am taking on the House floor.

In closing, please know that I consider it a high honor to serve and represent you and your family in Congress.

Mindful that I work for you, I remain

Yours in Freedom,
rigellsig.jpg

Scott Rigell
Member of Congress

Thanks for the contest
Yours is one of the "good guys" I see. Nice reply you got. The auto response I got from one of our state senators was merely an auto response outlining HR 2058 and stating he'd keep my thoughts in mind when considering his vote. I went to the senator's website and emailed him that I'd keep his thoughts in mind when I consider my vote in 2016. :D

Never heard back from our reps but one of them, Graves, is a co-sponsor of the bill. Can't believe I could come out of this whole fiasco a Republican, lol

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
I sent my emails and called last week. Thanks for the contest MadVapes and the effort to raise awareness.

Yours is one of the "good guys" I see. Nice reply you got. The auto response I got from one of our state senators was merely an auto response outlining HR 2058 and stating he'd keep my thoughts in mind when considering his vote. I went to the senator's website and emailed him that I'd keep his thoughts in mind when I consider my vote in 2016. :D

Never heard back from our reps but one of them, Graves, is a co-sponsor of the bill. Can't believe I could come out of this whole fiasco a Republican, lol
I got another from senator Mark Warner. Basically telling me what 2058 was(like I didn't know) and that he was fighting to help the FDA. My reply back to him was he lost my vote to the point I will do all I can to convince any and everyone not to vote for him.

Reactions: Marina2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread