The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 6 through October 10

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's Monday, and that means it's time to win some free stuff! This week, the prize is:

1 x EHPro EA Mod
    1 x EHPro Omega RDA
    2 x 18650 Batteries, 30A CDR
    1 x Charger
    60mL of Premium e-liquid (Lion Head, Kalamazoo, Disco, Space Jam, or Cosmic Fog)

This setup may be a little outdated, but it still holds up! The Omega is huge, with lots of airflow and the EA Mod is still a hard-hitting, solid mech that features the increasingly rare side-button.

To be entered into the contest this week, just answer the following question: What is the WORST vape you've ever experienced? This can be a specific juice or any e-cig/APV/mech mod setup. Let's be honest; we've all been disappointed with something since we started vaping, and I usually ask "What's your favorite <insert noun here>?" So this week, I'm changing it up a bit. Sometimes it feels good to be able to be entirely justified in complaining about something that didn't live up to your expectations :mad:!

For me, it was my first e-cigarette, Blu. Based on the "research" that I did before purchasing, I was expecting to be blown away with my first e-cig. But between parts arriving DOA, almost no vapor production and what must have been a 90mAh battery, it left much to be desired.

I'm not looking for company-bashing, so don't feel obligated to mention a brand or vendor. But it is Monday, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to blow off some steam (literally, and figuratively)!

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

2. chigal

chigal Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2012
    chicago
    I have NEVER had a good horchata juice. The two I've tried both tasted like hot cinnamon so I've given up on this flavor.

Thanks for the contest! Good luck all!

3. therussellv

therussellv Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2013
    Winters, Texas
    My worst was the 7s cigalike I started with, it was awful, took me 6 months to realize it and switch to a real PV, so I could quit smoking.

4. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    My worst experience(s) have been Chocolate juices. I love chocolate, but every time I try a chocolate juice it's terrible. For me, that flavor just doesn't translate to juice very well.

5. rangerrobin

rangerrobin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Sonoma County, CA
    My biggest disappointment has been with the regular size Nautilus tank. My 1st fill was great, but then it quickly went down hill from there, even with both types of coils. :(

Thanks for the chance!

6. MattMann228

MattMann228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Gulf Coast, MS
    Worst vape was my first...it was a cigalike not sure what brand but it was horrible. Then I got an ego which finally got me off cigs but I had gotten a couple of ce4s with it that crapped out shortly after. Lol.

7. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    The worst vape I have had was on a big juice purchase I made early on and found that everything was like a bottle of perfume. For me, the worst vapes are "perfumey". This makes it sickening to me and no matter the merits of the juice, I cannot vape it. I am sensitive to this as I often have found that I can sense perfuminess where others do not.

On the flip side, I have been pretty lucky with my batteries and tanks as I got some good advice when I began vaping and I got started with a vv ego and had mini protanks and evods going before too long.

Thanks for this weeks contest!

8. VapingTurtle

VapingTurtle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Worst for me is a net tobacco juice that tasted like mildew. I change the coil and the wick and cleaned the atty until it didn't smell and I could still taste it.
    :(

Thanks for the contest, dude!

9. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

My worst was tobacco flavors.....even top vapor was kinda flowery..... I know that I was smoking Natural American Tobacco(Brand) and it's not like Marlboro or the likes(not all the chemicals) but most of the tobacco flavors I have tried were not like tobacco...they were something else....fortunately both of the B & M's nearby had samples so I found out quickly that I didn't want that....now I can't even imagine having/wanting any tobacco flavored anything....

10. remark

remark Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    West Palm Beach, FL
    My WORST vape was from a batch of liquids that came in a sampler pack that I bought. The blueberry flavor that came in it tasted like what I'd imagine draino would taste like - and the throat hit was almost like I had done a shot of real draino! This stuff felt like it was dissolving my neck! Now, I will vape almost anything I buy even if I don't really like it, but this particular bottle still sits full in my cupboard.

TY Crowedude654

11. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I think you and I must have tried the same place! :facepalm:

Since that experience has already been taken, I'll offer this: Another vendor's breakfast flavors that I ordered early on. One of my favorites from a local B&M was Blueberry Pancake, so I thought I might like flavors such as French Toast and Maple Breakfast. Ick! I still have some of that early order left in my drawer--a few of them not breakfast-related--that I have not yet brought myself to try again.

12. a wandering soul

a wandering soul Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    North Carolina
    my worst vaping experience had to be some free juice i won. the stuff was foul! all i could taste was like rose perfume.. and none of the things had anything resembling rose in them. very flowery and alcohol based.. its the only juice ive ever given to someone that continues to bounce around from home to home.. unwanted by all that try its evil nature. ill leave out the name but all 3 juices that were in the prize i won.. were just god awful

13. Wraith504

Wraith504 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Worst I had was an ego style from a mall kiosk. I have no clue what flavor juice the guy sold me, but it was BAD! Tasted like dog doo warmed over.

14. gjm75

gjm75 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2014
    New Orleans,La usa
    First time hitting a mech mod with a sub ohm build! ** cough ** ** cough **
    now i love it! :glare:

15. iota

iota Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    I love reading these because I can relate to so many! Just so I'm not repeating what others have said I'll go in a different direction for my worst vape story. Back when I was starting to learn how to make my own kanger coils for the kanger protank heads, I went through a bit of a learning curve. I used way too much cotton and didn't do a very good job and brought new meaning to those awful words "DRY HIT"!!! I could barely speak the rest of that night!! It was like I was breathing fire and yet I kept taking puffs to see if it would get better. :blush:

Thank ya' for another great week of contest fun and prizes!

16. catsitter

catsitter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Like many others, my worst vape was the first cig-a-like a friend gave me. She though they were great, and the two best things I can say about it are 1) it did keep me from smoking in the hotel room, and 2) it led to me an ego twist, and from there here, and as the say, the rest is history... so if nothing else, I owe it a debt of gratitude.

17. bsidb

bsidb Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    Leroy,NY
    Hitting a Genisis with a hot spot

18. rbeckys8

rbeckys8 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2013
    idaho
    a vender sent me a sample with mint in it...it was terrible!!

19. a wandering soul

a wandering soul Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2014
    North Carolina
    now.. this doesn't include things we have done w/ perfectly good products right? like kissing a coil (and getting kiss the girl from little mermaid stuck in my head).

20. Tiesel

Tiesel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
    Maryland
    Once I filled an atty up with concentrated flavor thinking it was "juice".. I still remember the taste, it was horrible!! No amount of cleaning could save that $10 coil. Even worse, when I emailed the company to voice my dissaproval, was reading the reply.. It went pretty much like " Bro its not even....".

*facepalm*

I read the labels on my bottles now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.