MadVapes Weekly Contest - October 6 through October 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's Monday, and that means it's time to win some free stuff! This week, the prize is:

1 x EHPro EA Mod
1 x EHPro Omega rda
2 x 18650 batteries, 30A CDR
1 x Charger
60mL of Premium e-liquid (Lion Head, Kalamazoo, Disco, Space Jam, or Cosmic Fog)

This setup may be a little outdated, but it still holds up! The Omega is huge, with lots of airflow and the EA Mod is still a hard-hitting, solid mech that features the increasingly rare side-button.

To be entered into the contest this week, just answer the following question: What is the WORST vape you've ever experienced? This can be a specific juice or any e-cig/APV/mech mod setup. Let's be honest; we've all been disappointed with something since we started vaping, and I usually ask "What's your favorite <insert noun here>?" So this week, I'm changing it up a bit. Sometimes it feels good to be able to be entirely justified in complaining about something that didn't live up to your expectations :mad:!

For me, it was my first e-cigarette, Blu. Based on the "research" that I did before purchasing, I was expecting to be blown away with my first e-cig. But between parts arriving DOA, almost no vapor production and what must have been a 90mAh battery, it left much to be desired.

I'm not looking for company-bashing, so don't feel obligated to mention a brand or vendor. But it is Monday, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to blow off some steam (literally, and figuratively)!

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
The worst vape I have had was on a big juice purchase I made early on and found that everything was like a bottle of perfume. For me, the worst vapes are "perfumey". This makes it sickening to me and no matter the merits of the juice, I cannot vape it. I am sensitive to this as I often have found that I can sense perfuminess where others do not.

On the flip side, I have been pretty lucky with my batteries and tanks as I got some good advice when I began vaping and I got started with a vv ego and had mini protanks and evods going before too long.

Thanks for this weeks contest!

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My worst was tobacco flavors.....even top vapor was kinda flowery..... I know that I was smoking Natural American Tobacco(Brand) and it's not like Marlboro or the likes(not all the chemicals) but most of the tobacco flavors I have tried were not like tobacco...they were something else....fortunately both of the B & M's nearby had samples so I found out quickly that I didn't want that....now I can't even imagine having/wanting any tobacco flavored anything....

remark

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
West Palm Beach, FL
My WORST vape was from a batch of liquids that came in a sampler pack that I bought. The blueberry flavor that came in it tasted like what I'd imagine draino would taste like - and the throat hit was almost like I had done a shot of real draino! This stuff felt like it was dissolving my neck! Now, I will vape almost anything I buy even if I don't really like it, but this particular bottle still sits full in my cupboard.

TY Crowedude654

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
My WORST vape was from a batch of liquids that came in a sampler pack that I bought. The blueberry flavor that came in it tasted like what I'd imagine draino would taste like - and the throat hit was almost like I had done a shot of real draino! This stuff felt like it was dissolving my neck! Now, I will vape almost anything I buy even if I don't really like it, but this particular bottle still sits full in my cupboard.

TY Crowedude654
I think you and I must have tried the same place! :facepalm:

Since that experience has already been taken, I'll offer this: Another vendor's breakfast flavors that I ordered early on. One of my favorites from a local B&M was Blueberry Pancake, so I thought I might like flavors such as French Toast and Maple Breakfast. Ick! I still have some of that early order left in my drawer--a few of them not breakfast-related--that I have not yet brought myself to try again.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
my worst vaping experience had to be some free juice i won. the stuff was foul! all i could taste was like rose perfume.. and none of the things had anything resembling rose in them. very flowery and alcohol based.. its the only juice ive ever given to someone that continues to bounce around from home to home.. unwanted by all that try its evil nature. ill leave out the name but all 3 juices that were in the prize i won.. were just god awful

iota

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
In transit
I love reading these because I can relate to so many! Just so I'm not repeating what others have said I'll go in a different direction for my worst vape story. Back when I was starting to learn how to make my own kanger coils for the kanger protank heads, I went through a bit of a learning curve. I used way too much cotton and didn't do a very good job and brought new meaning to those awful words "DRY HIT"!!! I could barely speak the rest of that night!! It was like I was breathing fire and yet I kept taking puffs to see if it would get better. :blush:

Thank ya' for another great week of contest fun and prizes!

catsitter

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2014
Massapequa Park, NY, USA
Like many others, my worst vape was the first cig-a-like a friend gave me. She though they were great, and the two best things I can say about it are 1) it did keep me from smoking in the hotel room, and 2) it led to me an ego twist, and from there here, and as the say, the rest is history... so if nothing else, I owe it a debt of gratitude.

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
Once I filled an atty up with concentrated flavor thinking it was "juice".. I still remember the taste, it was horrible!! No amount of cleaning could save that $10 coil. Even worse, when I emailed the company to voice my dissaproval, was reading the reply.. It went pretty much like " Bro its not even....".

*facepalm*

I read the labels on my bottles now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread