The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Madvapes Weekly Contest - September 14 through September 18

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    It's about that time! Here's what we're giving away this week:

1 x Koopor Mini 60W TC Box Mod
    1 x EHPro eTank S2
    5 x SVC Replacement Coils
    2 x 18650 Batteries
    1 x Charger
    100mL of Any E-Liquid

To be eligible to win this week, we want to know: Is anyone out there still using mechanicals?

For me personally, I still prefer mechs. They fire every time and last forever, and it's the cheapest way to vape high wattage/subohm. However, regulated mods have safety features, show you important information on the screen, and can have some nifty features like temp control and custom wattage profiles.

So what do you think? Mechanical or regulated?

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

• Like Like x 13
  2. shannon walker

shannon walker Super Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Regulated for added safety with subohm
    Especially since the recent exploding mechs with hybrid top caps iv been reading about

• Like Like x 2
  3. rhm3769

rhm3769 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2013
    Huntersville, NC
    Mechs for me, but my experience with anything else has been limited to ego c's....

• Like Like x 2
  4. Elizabeth Baldwin

Elizabeth Baldwin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a bunch of mechs but no longer use them. I've moved on. :)

I hold on to them though. :vapor:

• Like Like x 3
  5. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    I have my very first mech. mod in the desk drawer at work. I have added a kick to it and it serves as my backup for work incase something happens to my VTR. it's also a telescopic so any size battery will work in it.
    I do have 2 new mechs in the vape stuff box. I have these incase we are hit with a EMP attack and everything electronic stops working.

Thanks Crowedude for the great contests.

• Like Like x 4
  6. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    I still use my nemesis mech once in a while, but I prefer to have all the information and safety of my regulated devices, so those get much more use these days. I'd be surprised if i ever buy a new mech mod, but it is nice to have at least one...that way you know you will always have something that works. Thanks for the contest!

• Like Like x 2
  7. dcfluegel

dcfluegel Shenaniganator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2015
    Cleveland TN
    mostly using regulated, but i do use my el cabron mech box daily - it's part of the wake and vape ritual... have several mechs stored, but other than the el cabron, using regulateds almost exclusively during the day

• Like Like x 2
  8. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    Definitely regulated. I like having as much control and information as possible.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I'mnotZak

I'mnotZak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

To each their own. For me, regulated for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  10. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    No.

I don't think I've used a mechanical in over 6 months and currently don't have any (sold them). I've grown very fond of wattage adjustment.

However, I do have a custom e-cigar coming soon that will be mechanical, but that's a bit different.

• Like Like x 2
  11. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    And why would I not use my old mech mods. heck, i still use my old Vision spinners as well. Just because new stuff comes out does not mean, all of us can afford to keep upgrading our stuff!! Esp when it still works great and it still keeps us off the old smoking cigs habit.

I mean, yes a new modern device with all the features device would be nice but for us older folks, we have to watch where our money goes.

Thanks for the chance to maybe push myself into the modern vaping world, but really, I am fine with the old school stuff....

Plus i can always use more juice.... laughs.....

• Like Like x 3
  12. iota

iota Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    I feel safer with regulated so that is what I use day to day. It sure is interesting to read the various opinions.

Thank ya' for the chance this week!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gfdeputy2

Gfdeputy2 Account closed on request

New to Vaping so I use a Regulated Mod but not 100% happy with my eVic VT but still playing around with it

• Like Like x 2
  14. JoanJ

JoanJ ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    WV
    Mech mods were never my thing and have never owned one. My son has an entire fleet of the things and I tried them but the bottom fire thing just isn't my style and if that is all there was in the vape world, I seriously doubt I would be vaping today.

• Like Like x 3
  15. redrebel821

redrebel821 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2015
    Houston area
    Have never tried tried a mech mod, but as far as owning one some day? I've learned to never say never when it comes to vaping!

• Like Like x 4
  16. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    I have three mech mods, but haven't used them much lately. About a month Ago I used My Nemesis for some NET juice I had. But I've found I like regulated mods of the adjustability factor. I recently got My first Temp Control Mod and really like that. So Mech Mods probably are a thing of the past for Me, still gonna hold on to them just in case.

Thanks @Crowedude654 & MadVapes for yet another awesome contest.
    Good Luck Everyone.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Romano Cheese

Romano Cheese Master Mod Womper ECF Veteran

May 24, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I haven't used my Mechs in months now. Ever since I got a regulated box I have been converted. I enjoy the battery life and options too much to go back to Mechs for the comfort/ease of use factors.

• Like Like x 1
  18. remark

remark Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    West Palm Beach, FL
    The higher power regulated mods have replaced the mech that I used to use, but I have always like regulated better. Being able to see and adjust the levels is a big thing for me.

TY Crowedude654 for another great contest!

19. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Regulated . . . Thank You . . . :D

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    If you ever decide to part with one of those mech mods...I know a girl that might be interested ;)
    I'm still waitin on a regulated to add to my mech army :D
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.