Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
I prefer regulated mods. I recently won a really nice authentic tac ar15 mech. It's beautiful and works great but would trade it in a heartbeat for a sweet mod like the kooper. I entered the contest hoping for the juice lol...

Knowing I won't win I'm jumping over to your site to check it out. Thank you so much for these awesome giveaways

Last edited:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Regulated for added safety with subohm
Especially since the recent exploding mechs with hybrid top caps iv been reading about
Not hijacking the thread...just posting info on hybrids, seeing as how that's what I use everyday! For safety reasons here are pics of what will work and what won't

WILL WORK
image.jpg

WON'T WORK
image.jpg

image.jpg

Know your gear before you use it.

Karen :)

Crowedude654

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2012
Charlotte, NC
There's still a level of satisfaction when it comes to getting that build EXACTLY right on your mech without being able to adjust the wattage. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. But even mechs are moving over to box-style and using multiple batteries. In fact, the mech I'm using now uses four 18650 batteries in parallel. So when I use PVTSO 35A 2800mAh batteries in parallel, I have a mechanical box that's 11,200mAh with a 140A continuous discharge rate. Because of the nature of my job, I still use a lot of regulated devices, but that mech is what I consider to be my "Main" rig. But when it comes to electronics, that's just how I am. Even my phone has an aftermarket battery that's actually three LiPos for a total of 10,000mAh; over 3x the capacity than the default battery has. And,I even use mechanical keyboards at work and at home. Now that I really consider it, it's almost like the more information there is, and the more options there are to change, the more I get distracted from actually vaping. With a mech, I just build and vape. So it's probably the simplicity and reliability that pushes me more towards mechanical things. ;)

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
I've never used mechanicals. Some of them are very pretty and elegant, plus they seem fairly indestructible. I want at least one to add to the collection /vapocalypse readiness supplies, but until recently did not think I was advanced enough in my coil building skills and battery knowledge. I started with eGos and moved to a MVP2.

I do like regulated though because they have added safety features, digital readouts, and can easily switch toppers and coil builds without fuss by dialing the wattage to gain the same vape.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Both mechanical and regulated :) When I started vaping 4 years ago and discovered the the vaping communities mechanical mods were the big trend and I built a nice collection of them. I also use regulated devices, now more than my mechanical as my vaping style mainly reverted back to keeping it super simple, my first regulated was a provari that I still use to this day!

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
There's still a level of satisfaction when it comes to getting that build EXACTLY right on your mech without being able to adjust the wattage. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. But even mechs are moving over to box-style and using multiple batteries. In fact, the mech I'm using now uses four 18650 batteries in parallel. So when I use PVTSO 35A 2800mAh batteries in parallel, I have a mechanical box that's 11,200mAh with a 140A continuous discharge rate. Because of the nature of my job, I still use a lot of regulated devices, but that mech is what I consider to be my "Main" rig. But when it comes to electronics, that's just how I am. Even my phone has an aftermarket battery that's actually three LiPos for a total of 10,000mAh; over 3x the capacity that the default battery has. And,I even use mechanical keyboards at work and at home. Now that I really consider it, it's almost like the more information there is, and the more options there are to change, the more I get distracted from actually vaping. With a mech, I just build and vape. So it's probably the simplicity and reliability that pushes me more towards mechanical things. ;)
I couldn't agree more! I'm looking at the Raptor as my next box mod, I know it looks and weighs like a brick, just like my Cherry Bomber, but....it's copper! Who doesn't like copper!

standinthestars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
usually at work
Think I have to say regulated just based on the fact that it is what I have used for almost every day of my vaping life. I did have a mech for a little while, but at that time I didn't have the right "top" (rda or rta) to use with it, so I didn't get to really experience it at it's best. Even so, the amazing new regulated mods with the super high wattage and, of course, all of the information and the built-in safety features are things I find very appealing, so I am not sure I'll ever buy another mech mod at this point.

Thank you for the chance at the great prize this week! :)

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Marina2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2015
USA
Well, I'm relatively new to the vaping world and I've only ever used my Istick 30. I'm kind of scared to venture into unregulated right now but I've seen so many that I want to own and use. The simplicity of the device is what attracts me to a mech and I know that I will eventually have one once I learn what's safe and what's not so safe. My next step up is learning to build my own coils and from there it's on to some kind of mech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread