The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - September 15 through September 19

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Happy Monday! Time for a new giveaway! This week the prize is:

1 x EHPro Caravela, Copper
    1 x Quasar RDA
    2 x 18650 Batteries
    1 x Charger
    About 60mL of Any Premium Liquid of your Choice! (Cosmic Fog, Kalamazoo, Space Jam, Disco, or Lion Head)

To be entered into the contest this week, just discuss the following:

What is your favorite food, and how well do you think it would translate to e-liquid?

I have a few favorites, none of which would translate well. Lobster, Crab, General Tso's Chicken, Pepperoni Pizza. I've actually tried Crab Juice. Not exactly an ADV. :vapor:

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

2. _JB_

_JB_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2014
    Michigan
    I like a good steak...charred on the outside and pink on the inside.
    I think this flavor would translate very well into a vape. I do not DIY so I don't know much about making juice but I doubt the right ingredients are available to mimic a freshly grilled steak.
    I also like General Tso's Chicken but do not think that kind of spicy would vape very well.

3. remark

remark Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    West Palm Beach, FL
    LOL, ok, so I literally had to hold back a dry heave as I thought about a crab vape. :)

My favorite food these days is pasta alfredo with chicken (yeah, the diet thing didn't work out), and I have to believe that it would not translate very well into a vape. In fact the thought of almost any savory vape makes me cringe, but specifically the thought of the chicken is very off putting. I look forward to reading what everyone else loves to eat and if they would like to vape it. Thanks for this contest Crowedude654!

4. liblue1

liblue1 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been on a pizza kick lately.....and I have also tried pizza flavor and IMHO it was just gross.....I can't believe some guys came in to the B & M when I was first starting out and they came back in to try the pizza flavor again and even said that this was one of the flavors the guy was thinking about buying...but after retrying it while I was there he said "That's funny, I thought it was better last time I tried it".....

So...no food flavors for me...just candy & bakery flavors for me.....

5. MattMann228

MattMann228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Gulf Coast, MS
    My favorite food is chicken and dumplings. Not too sure about that as an ejuice. Lol. But if someone made it I would probably try it since I am a cook and I will try almost anything once. Lol.

6. rangerrobin

rangerrobin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    Sonoma County, CA
    Haha, those are my same favs, but definitely don't see them as translating to very good ejuice. :lol:
    Oddly enough, some of my advs are flavors I don't normally eat. For instance, Apple Pie Ala Mode, Pistachios and Walnuts. Go figure!

7. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    Barbequed Chicken is one of my favorites.

I would not want to vape it.

8. standinthestars

standinthestars Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    usually at work
    I am a pizza-holic and I know what everybody says about how bad savory vape flavors are, but I think a pizza flavor might be ok for me. I just read liblue's post and that about sums up what I have heard from others, and yet I still want to give it a try. Not quite enough to spend money on ordering some, but enough to be curious! Pizza juice may just need a really talented juice mixer to get a good version - and I can believe that I would like it. I love the way pizza tastes and smells, so why not?!?!

Thanks for the contest and the great prize!

9. Bionicunderwear

Bionicunderwear Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My favorite is lasagna. The thought of it being an ejuice just made me throwup in my mouth. There is no way that someone could make that into a good tasting ejuice

10. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    I'm a pizza-holic, unlike what seems to be popular opinion I like pizza juice, i've tried from two vendors and DIY'd some myself, I like it. Its FAR from an ADV not even an everyday vape, but there are times when i really enjoy it.

Thanks for another greta prize package
    Goos Luck Everyone!

11. iota

iota Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    In transit
    My favorite food is garlic mashed potatoes. I regularly eat a huge bowl, mixed with some chopped up veggies for meals. I don't believe that this would be a good flavor for an e-liquid and, in fact, makes me want to honk even thinking about it. I better go and boil some potatoes so I can make some for later now that I'm hungry! Thanks Crowedude and MadVapes!

12. Shellie

Shellie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2014
    Poconos
    my current favorites are rice - either with cheese and bacon or just plain... and pizza. I don't think i would like to vape either. I can't have sugar, so i get my sugar fix through vaping!

13. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding is one of "My" Favorite Meals . . . :thumbs:

However, I Do NOT think it (nor would want to try) would translate into an "E-Liquid" that would have an even decent taste . . . [​IMG]

Just Sayin' . . . [​IMG]

14. tick22

tick22 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Vanceboro, NC
    A strange fav from my days overseas. Monkey meat, yes, Monkey meat. it does not taste like chicken, beef or pork but it is very good and tender. hard to just say what it does taste like except Monkey......
    This juice would have to come from a Vet from the Nam War (police action) or a native person from that country.

To this day, I have never had anything that tasted so strange but good.

First time I had it, no one told me what it was, which was good because otherwise I would not had tried it. That is the only way to eat foreign food, so to get an honest taste and not what we believe is eatable...

15. onetwothreekid

onetwothreekid Full Member

Sep 9, 2014
    NC
    Im with ya on the General Tso's man! I love that stuff probably my favorite food. However one of my favorites that i do think would translate well is apple custard pie, just apple sauce with butter in a pie dish. Thanks for the fantastic contests!

16. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 17, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I like a gently cooked steak, but that would not transfer to a vape flavor.

One thing I like that might make the transition is cherry chocolate ice cream.

17. darktranq

darktranq Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Minnesota
    Bacon Cheeseburgers. I doubt I would vape the flavor though. Vaping is for dessert in my book.

18. traderljp

traderljp Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2013
    South Florida
    One of my favorite foods is panang style thai curry (usually with chicken). The sauce is a sweet coconut milk flavor with a lot of richness and depth and I think it would make a great vape...it is savory, but it is also sweet. I have actually suggested this before in other threads where the topic was ideas for new e-liquid flavors. No one else seems to think this is such a good idea, though! :laugh:

Great prize package this week...thanks!!!!

19. Shaneguide

Shaneguide Ain't Life Grand Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 22, 2014
    Saco Maine
    I don't think that a chicken burrito would translate well at all for an e-liquid. In fact it think it would be rather nasty.

20. gtrpickr

gtrpickr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2012
    Tennessee
    I love some baby back ribs memphis style "dry rub" but I dont see myself wanting to vape it lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.