Magic Mist Menthol for wife ,messed up and need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Ill try to keep this short but please bear with me, my wife started vaping a few years back and bugged me to try it to get off the analogs which I did almost a month ago. I have went all in with trying my hand at rebuilding as well as mixing some juice to save money. Im loving the choices of different kinds of juice and flavors but my wife only vapes Magic Mist brand Menthol.

Last week I ordered some premixed 120 ml 50/50 VG/PG 18 mg base from Killer Juice and two 8 ml menthol flavors. I simply dumped both vials of menthol into the full 120 ml bottle and it doesnt taste like much to me at all.I know that was stupid on my part but I didnt have any empty bottles to try a small batch. I dont have a clue what all is in the Magic Mist menthol and I have searched high and low for the recipe. Where I have smoked for 25 years I dont have much smell or taste so I cant figure out.

What can I do to save this full bottle of menthol juice and get it close to the magic mist, does anyone have a recipe for it by chance? If not what is a super easy menthol recipe that I could get her to try so I can finally save her some $ and be her hero? She hasnt liked any of the juice I have bought so far. I need everything to be super dumbed down for me, I need to know what ml of each flavor to add. I have downloaded a few juice calculators but its still confusing especially since I ordered the base already mixed 50/50 with nic.

I have to place an order from Wizard Labs for some bottles and few different size syringes than I already have so I can pick up the needed flavors from there. Found this recipe floating around and it looks pretty good if I cant find the magic mist...

TFA Creme de Menthe 3%
    TFA Menthol 2%<~~~~Obviously dont need maybe add a touch of horehound instead??
    TFA Koolada 2%
    TFA Sweetener 1%

Thanks for any and all help in advance to a DIY newbie!

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2013
    Casper Wy
    Hoooo boy. Okay. First of all, if you're going to do this, get some equipment. Get some small syringes (1-3 mL), some blunt tips to draw up flavor with, and some bottles. You gotta have something to put your juice in right? Also get two ten mL syringes for PG and VG. Draw your VG up without a blunt tip, syringe only or you'll be drawing it up until next week.

Basically, you need to scrap what you've started with and give it a go from the beginning.

Ejuice me up is a simple, easy calculator. You put your percentages in on the left, hit calculate, and on the right it tells you how many mLs to mix.

At this point, with your already mixed batch, I would use the calculator to mix no flavor PG/VG juice at your desired nic level and then when you have that unflavored base, keep adding it to that bottle until you reach something vapeable.

From there, I would start over. Get some concentrated nic juice (I use 100 mg but your comfort level may vary and you may want lower), some PG and some VG. Start simple. Try pluggin those percentages into the calculator from the recipe you listed. Try making just a one flavor fruit juice so you can get the hang of it. You've got to have some idea of how everything comes together. From there, try adding tiny amounts of menthol, literally drops at a time.

In the meantime, spend some time really reading up on this forum, especially stickies. Check out some youtube. You've got the cart before the horse a bit.

My thoughts at least..hope they're helpful and hope someone more knowlegable than me comes along :) Good luck!

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    Thanks for the help, I ordered a few more flavors, some syringes in different ML, and some more empty bottles to play with what I have already created. I forgot to mention that I bought four 120 ml pre-mixed bases from KJ so I do have plenty to try and get right. Even if I cant get something whipped up that she will accept and vape then Ill simply vape it myself, not gonna pour out 120 ml of juice.

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2013
    Florida (east coast)
    When you can make 120 ml of juice for less then $4 dumping is worth the savings. Either you jump in and do things right from the start or you screw around and waste far more money long term. I have dumped a good bit of juice as have many other people. Consider the loss part of your overall investment which will save you money in the long run.

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    When you can make 120 ml of juice for less then $4 dumping is worth the savings. Either you jump in and do things right from the start or you screw around and waste far more money long term. I have dumped a good bit of juice as have many other people. Consider the loss part of your overall investment which will save you money in the long run.

I agree to a point, Im obviously not ready to mix my own VG/PG nic base though, I currently have enough pre-mixed juice to last me well into 2015. I guess I was just looking for an easy out with what I have already mixed. Im already out the $8+ dollars for what I have mixed so another dollar or two to add different flavors will be considered a learning experience and if it ends up that bad and non-vapable then Ill toss it. I already have several different flavors and a few on the way.

williebb123

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 1, 2010
    Mount Shasta California
    any time i hear somebody jumping in with both feet before reading up on diy or understanding any type of juice calculator you might not have much success in mixing , slow down and take a few days to get a grasp on what is involved , you say your not ready to mix a pg/vg nic base when that is probably the only part that wont ruin a juice recipe , taking detailed notes ( if your good at math ) and or using a juice calculator will ensure you can repeat a good juice , make up a few fake recipes of flavors that sound good to you single flavor juices will give you an idea of how strong or weak the flavors you have on hand by no means are like flavors the same between vendors , once you get a handle on %'s it makes it more likely you will have a better outcome when mixing more than one flavor , as far as what has been mixed if it is weak you can always add more flavor but when using a premix base anything added will lower nic levels thats why most people choose to make their own its just one less thing we have to account for , dont be afraid to ask us anything most of us here in the diy section can get you back on track , and last but not least goooo portland panthers home of the famous strawberry festival ! ( yeah i grew up in hendersonville )

DenaInWyo

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2013
    Casper Wy
    Please forgive my first post..I misread it the first time around (blame the rum!) and thought you were mixing up your very first juice.

That said..don't fear the PG/VG and concentrated nic. I honestly think you'll have an easier time with that, especially using a calculator. If 100 mg makes you uneasy, get 60 mg or somesuch. It just makes the recipes easier to figure out, IMO. You plug in each individual base into your calculator and it tells you what to measure. I'm not sure I could figure out mixing from a pre-made base, to be honest! Well, I could, but it would give me a headache and then I'd have to drink rum again and run around on the forums sounding like a bratty know it all some more. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread