RDA Magma RDA - lifting of air channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1c4d0

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Tallinn, ESTONIA
Greeting to all,

Today, I had modded air channels in my beloved Magma 1:1 Clone from fasttech.

IMG_20140817_205023.jpg

I found a 12G (2.0mm) piercing needle on eBay and sawed off a tube(s) by using triangular File tool. It was easy and now I'm enjoying one of the best drippers without any leaks :)

Last edited:

m1c4d0

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Tallinn, ESTONIA
Nice!! I remember thinking about doing this with my real magma, but didn't want to ruin such a spendy piece of equipment if it went wrong, after seeing what an excellent job you did I'm thinking about picking up a clone to mod!

Thanks for sharing!

You can actually do this with your authentic Magma. You just need to push those tubes, that's it :)

Last edited:

m1c4d0

Verified Member
Jan 27, 2014
Tallinn, ESTONIA
I love the idea, but wouldn't this reduce the air hole diameters and therefore airflow?
Did you notice a difference?

Yes, it is but I'm not sure what is the inner diameter (1.8mm?) of these tubes. Anyway, for me it's superb since I'm using Magma with small holes as a regular atomizer.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Yes, it is but I'm not sure what is the inner diameter (1.8mm?) of these tubes. Anyway, for me it's superb since I'm using Magma with small holes as a regular atomizer.

Ah - I use the largest holes.
I still really like this idea though.
I'm thinking counter-sinking a 10g (2.5mm) needle would keep the original air hole size.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
You can actually do this with your authentic Magma. You just need to push those tubes, that's it :)

I already traded it (kind of missing it already :( ) but the main issue is that I was worried about ruining the resale value of it by modding it, the airflow was already a bit on the tighter side of my preference for a dripper so I thought drilling the holes out and using a larger needle would work, assuming the needle sealed tight enough around the inside edge (where it's super thin) to avoid juice leaking, since I figured drilling it larger would break through that inside edge. Not to worried about screwing up a clone though ;)

Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't include this feature from the factory, much like the Orchid, another atty that would greatly benefit from this. If they left a bit more material on that inside edge there would have been plenty of space for them to install some high flow tubes in there.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't include this feature from the factory, much like the Orchid, another atty that would greatly benefit from this. If they left a bit more material on that inside edge there would have been plenty of space for them to install some high flow tubes in there.

Watch for this to end up being a new feature on v2.

chuckh

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Southern California
Greeting to all,

Today, I had modded air channels in my beloved Magma 1:1 Clone from Fasttech.

IMG_20140817_205023.jpg

I found a 12G (2.0mm) piercing needle on eBay and sawed off a tube(s) by using triangular File tool. It was easy and now I'm enjoying one of the best drippers without any leaks :)

How much above the deck?

chuckh

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2012
Southern California
Hello... How far above the deck do you have the needles positioned?
Thanks

Greeting to all,

Today, I had modded air channels in my beloved Magma 1:1 Clone from Fasttech.

IMG_20140817_205023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread