RDA Magma RDA: Your Favorite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Here are the pictures of the Magma modified with kayfun Lite parts that I posted about this afternoon. See that post for details.
082.jpg
077.jpg
079.jpg

The third picture shows the bottom of the modified kayfun Lite top cap.

Last edited:

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
Hmmm, very interesting. Thanks for the pics!

These modifications gives it a lot more air flow for sure.
I am thinking about making a ring with two air holes that will sit flush and even in the space where the normal Magma air adjustment ring would go. Then it will look just like a kayfun Plus with a nano kit.
I could then have a lot of fun telling people that it is a new type of Kayfun with improved air flow system, but not take it apart and let them see what it really is.

It is my favorite dripper to use.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Here are the pictures of the Magma modified with Kayfun Lite parts that I posted about this afternoon. See that post for details.
The third picture shows the bottom of the modified Kayfun Lite top cap.

How does the juice not leak out the air holes? Or do you only fill the juice well in the Magma part?

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
How does the juice not leak out the air holes? Or do you only fill the juice well in the Magma part?

I only fill the juice well in the Magma base. I use it just like any other Magma.
It only reason for the modifications is to increase the air flow and lower the vapor temperature by using the drilled Kayfun Lite top cap. The nano tank sections are required to use the Kayfun top cap.
It just looks like a Kayfun Lite, but it is still a Magma dripper.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I only fill the juice well in the Magma base. I use it just like any other Magma.
It only reason for the modifications is to increase the air flow and lower the vapor temperature by using the drilled Kayfun Lite top cap. The nano tank sections are required to use the Kayfun top cap.
It just looks like a Kayfun Lite, but it is still a Magma dripper.

That's actually a really good idea. Nicely done!

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Post # 52.

I can see the advantage for vapor production (increased volume) and cooler vape. But doesn't it affect flavor intensity with all that extra volume? That's my favorite characteristic of the Magma- great flavor!

That was my thoughts as well. The lower the dome, the denser the vape. The denser the vape, the more flavor.

mitro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2013
IL
I kind of wish it didn't have threaded top cap because it tends to jiggle the afc ring too easily.
Right below the threading, and under the AFC ring, is a groove. If you take an o-ring from a Kayfun tank and put it in that groove (takes a little massaging to get flush) the AFC will no longer spin freely. That simple fix made the Magma go from "good" to "great" for me.

Also, not my idea. I read it somewhere. :p

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Right below the threading, and under the AFC ring, is a groove. If you take an o-ring from a Kayfun tank and put it in that groove (takes a little massaging to get flush) the AFC will no longer spin freely. That simple fix made the Magma go from "good" to "great" for me.

Also, not my idea. I read it somewhere. :p

That is a great idea! Thanks for the tip. :)

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
Thanks for the tips - got my magma clone yesterday...threw in a single parallel coil (courtesy of suckmymod) - threw in an oring (courtesy of Richard Ng) - 30 gauge kanthal - 2mm bit / 8ish wraps (lost count lol) - 1.4 ohms - now I just pushed the coil closer to the deck - (I thinks not bad for a newbie who's only 98 days into vaping...) - just pushed the coil closer to the deck - (courtesy of ecf)...

Many thanks and vape safe!

Last edited:

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
My Magma comes in tomorrow, how much cotton are you actually supposed to have in the build? Before I got rid of my previous one a few months back, I just had a the tails touching the bottom of the well but I was wondering if there was a new way to do it. Also, are there any leaking issues with having a single coil build using this wick method? I have a regulated device now and would like to try 1.1 ohm on it.

Pensilac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Utica, NY
My Magma comes in tomorrow, how much cotton are you actually supposed to have in the build? Before I got rid of my previous one a few months back, I just had a the tails touching the bottom of the well but I was wondering if there was a new way to do it. Also, are there any leaking issues with having a single coil build using this wick method? I have a regulated device now and would like to try 1.1 ohm on it.

I use just enough to touch the bottom of the wells and then I push it right up against the edge towards the air holes. As for your second question, I've never built it single coil but with mine anyway when I have closed off the afc I didn't get any leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread