RDA Magma RDA: Your Favorite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
Right below the threading, and under the AFC ring, is a groove. If you take an o-ring from a kayfun tank and put it in that groove (takes a little massaging to get flush) the AFC will no longer spin freely. That simple fix made the Magma go from "good" to "great" for me.

Also, not my idea. I read it somewhere. :p

Do you know what size this o ring is? I don't have a kayfun. I have a few o rings in my stuff that might work just wondering if anyone knows the size. My Magma is on the slow boat right now.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com

Decided to burn up an hour to wind a Clapton to throw in the magma. Guess it has a break in period?

Holy goodness! And didn't you post that 'Crazy coil builds' thread earlier? I would have never thought that would come in that low, in fact after I saw you thread I googled the Clapton Coil and watched RIP's tutorial and his came in at like 1.2Ω or something. Whaaaaa?

CRW78

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
Yup. This way I can make the call from a personal experience standpoint rather than just read data. I still believe it's a placebo effect as I'm not noticing any real shock in flavor gain. This thing is monstrous in the atty, gives off good heat and decent clouds, yes clouds from a magma. Lol! They aren't room foggers, but dense.. Really dense.
If I had to make a choice right now, I'd say it wasn't worth the effort, especially since I hand wound this thing. Gonna give it a few days though for a fair shot.
I don't know how or why this came to .11 it's 28g over 24g with an I.D. of about 2.5mm *shrug*

Andyhrn

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2011
TX
Magma with Provari Mini 29g/1.7ohm/3.8V & medical cotton (CVS) 20140814_170523.jpg 20140814_170515.jpg 20140812_165342.jpg

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
What gauge wire were you using for the core? .1 does seem really low for that coil, I'd ask if you were sure it wasn't touching the base at all, but I'd imagine the flavor would be an obvious indicator of that. I'm just trying to think, I've seen dual coil 22g builds at resistances higher than that so it just seemed.... odd lol.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
What gauge wire were you using for the core? .1 does seem really low for that coil, I'd ask if you were sure it wasn't touching the base at all, but I'd imagine the flavor would be an obvious indicator of that. I'm just trying to think, I've seen dual coil 22g builds at resistances higher than that so it just seemed.... odd lol.

That's what I'm saying! It is truly weird.

NoMoreTequila

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Northern California
I just received my Magma clone. I'm beyond happy. Extremely impressed! If you're on the fence about this device, I suggest you climb up and over and join in.

Genius design! Practically perfect! Hefty and just so substantial in so many ways. My first build took less than 10 minutes.

I want to shout out a thank you to this vendor. I paid $19.99 and it's now $18.99 on e-bay. PlanetOfTheVapes. It comes with an awesome drip tip, Allen wrench. Two spare post screws and two wire/wicks in a classy black box. I don't know why he doesn't mention this in his ad! This beats the heck out of FT! Ships from Wisconsin! :vapor:

Edit: I should have said that it ships FREE from Wisconsin! :toast:

Last edited:

CRW78

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
There's no way to miss this thing touching the base at all. It is a massive coil compared to my usual coils. Lol! The core is 24g, wrapped with 28g. I picked up some 32g yesterday so I will be making another stab at this coil; this time 28g core with 32g wrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread