Status
Not open for further replies.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I just got a new door for my Reo Grand and am having a small issue. I was hoping one of you might have a solution before I contact Rob. So I got the door and the 2 magnets come in a separate baggie with instructions to glue them but they don't quite fit. I got the first one in and it fit pretty well. It's just raised a tiny bit but the second one does not sit down in the hole enough to be able to slide the door in. I thought maybe I could sand the battery down but someone said that wouldn't work. Any other ideas? I figured someone else had to have had this issue and I was hoping there is something I can do to fix it myself. I really don't want to have to send it all the way back for just 1 magnet. Is there maybe a smaller or thinner magnet I could buy or a way to make the hole bigger? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I just got a new door for my Reo Grand and am having a small issue. I was hoping one of you might have a solution before I contact Rob. So I got the door and the 2 magnets come in a separate baggie with instructions to glue them but they don't quite fit. I got the first one in and it fit pretty well. It's just raised a tiny bit but the second one does not sit down in the hole enough to be able to slide the door in. I thought maybe I could sand the battery down but someone said that wouldn't work. Any other ideas? I figured someone else had to have had this issue and I was hoping there is something I can do to fix it myself. I really don't want to have to send it all the way back for just 1 magnet. Is there maybe a smaller or thinner magnet I could buy or a way to make the hole bigger? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you. :)
They can be hard to get in I use the bottom of a screw driver to push them in place and disperse the glue . If you have already glued it chance are the only way its going in is with a press . I no you don't want to send it back but it looks like you may have to

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I haven't glued it yet. When I couldn't get it to sit flat I just waited. I tried to put it in and turn the door over and press and hard as I could to see if I could get it to go in but nope. LOL I will try the screw driver. Thanks. I didn't want to contact you til i was sure I couldnIt do it but it looks like you are on top of things. :laugh: Thanks for responding. I do have a rotary tool(like a dremel) and a 228 piece kit. Anything I can do with that?

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I haven't glued it yet. When I couldn't get it to sit flat I just waited. I tried to put it in and turn the door over and press and hard as I could to see if I could get it to go in but nope. LOL I will try the screw driver. Thanks. I didn't want to contact you til i was sure I couldnIt do it but it looks like you are on top of things. :laugh: Thanks for responding. I do have a rotary tool(like a dremel) and a 228 piece kit. Anything I can do with that?
If you cant get it in let me no what color and mod I will send you another door .

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Well I think I have tried just about everything I could. My husband tried too and the magnet is just not going to go into the hole. It's just the one side. The other one sits flat enough to slide the door on and off but this one just wont. I really appreciate you sending me a replacement. That is really very cool. That is just another thing about Reo mods that I love. You definitely take care og your customers. Not to mention your mods are superior. ;) Still loving our VV Woodvils too, They are just gorgeous and the best vape I have ever had, Seriously!Looking forward to the release on the VV Grand's. We don't take our Woodvils out of the house for fear of damaging them. They are just too nice to risk it. I think the Grand's will be more user friendly to take a bit of a beating when you're out and about. I will PM you about the door in case you don't see this message. Thanks so much!! :)

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Just got my replacement door and the magnets fit just fine in the new one. Perfect. Thanks Rob. Great looking out for your appreciative and loyal customer. Another reason I love my Reos. :wub: Really happy to just get another because I scraped up the other one when I put it down on the counter and tried pressing the magnets in. It really did a number on the mirror finish. :unsure: Now it's beautiful. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread