Magneto v2 VS Vamo v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Looking into purchasing a Magneto, I've been vaping the Vamo v3 for awhile which has been a fantastic time. Don't know if I just feel like spending the extra money, or if the Magneto would actually make a difference in strength and/or clouds. Would it be a better vape? Would there be any difference at all? Any one have both that can share some input please? Thanks!

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Don't know if I just feel like spending the extra money, or if the Magneto would actually make a difference in strength and/or clouds. Would it be a better vape? Would there be any difference at all? Any one have both that can share some input please? Thanks!
If you're not vaping at around 1.2Ω or lower... there's no point to having a unregulated mech, unless you just want one. You can fit a Kick or clone into a mech and have a regulated VW... or the same as your Vamo. ;-)

Saying that... the latest trend seems to be people using mechs for 1.5-2.5Ω vaping... so if that's what you're into... rock out. :)

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
Well, a Magneto is a mechanical mod. You set your wattage by building/buying a coil. The only limit to customization is the amperage limit of your battery. To quickly change your experience, you have to have different toppers waiting in the wings, or be very swift at coil building. A mech offers a wider range of experience than a regulated mod, such as sub ohm resistance. Mechs are how the real clouds are chased. That said, you actually have to watch your numbers. You have nothing protecting you from stupid mistakes. You have to apply knowledge (plenty of that here) and common sense. I would suggest going for the Magneto. You will have it there to learn new skills in vaping, and chase those thunderstorm clouds, and your VAMO will always be there for when you just want to punch in a setting and go. They're two totally different sides of the APV coin. Both can be equally rewarding.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Let me throw a slight edit at, this almost too gentle, set of sentences. ;-)

That said, you actually have to watch your numbers. You have nothing protecting you from stupid mistakes. You have to apply knowledge and common sense.

'Cause there's a lot of stupid in the world.

I must be the voice of doom tonight... time to go watch some sitcoms on the tube and lighten up. :)

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Well, a Magneto is a mechanical mod. You set your wattage by building/buying a coil. The only limit to customization is the amperage limit of your battery. To quickly change your experience, you have to have different toppers waiting in the wings, or be very swift at coil building. A mech offers a wider range of experience than a regulated mod, such as sub ohm resistance. Mechs are how the real clouds are chased. That said, you actually have to watch your numbers. You have nothing protecting you from stupid mistakes. You have to apply knowledge (plenty of that here) and common sense. I would suggest going for the Magneto. You will have it there to learn new skills in vaping, and chase those thunderstorm clouds, and your VAMO will always be there for when you just want to punch in a setting and go. They're two totally different sides of the APV coin. Both can be equally rewarding.

Thanks to the both of you, and of course once and if I do get it I can't wait to strap up my agat2 on that sucker and see what it throws out at me.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Another option is to get a kick2 and an 18500 battery and turn a mechanical into a set it and forget it APV

Learn about Li Ion batteries and mechanicals, ohms law...it takes a bit of learning

As Scarey said...they are unforgiving, one simple noob mistake and it could be a very very bad thing

I'll just leave this here

Purposefully overcharging (they were trying to make it vent and flame) More often than not Li Ion and LiPo batteries if treated and charged properly...no problems, but that one time, with drip tip in your mouth and inches from your face

Last edited:

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Another option is to get a kick2 and an 18500 battery and turn a mechanical into a set it and forget it APV

Learn about Li Ion batteries and mechanicals, ohms law...it takes a bit of learning

As Scarey said...they are unforgiving, one simple noob mistake and it could be a very very bad thing

I'll just leave this here

Purposefully overcharging (they were trying to make it vent and flame) More often than not Li Ion and LiPo batteries if treated and charged properly...no problems, but that one time, with drip tip in your mouth and inches from your face

Lol damn, thanks for the safety tip and info. I know you said it takes learning so I'd like to start now before I get it.. How can I ensure something like this doesn't happen in my face while I'm trying to get a scrumptious vape!?

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread