Status
Not open for further replies.

ltrainer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
upstate ny
Only I owns ze replicator.bwaaa ha ha ha ha.....
reo%20replicator%20final-L.jpg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Actually my dears, the magnets are not essential for the fine operation of the Reos, either ( pronounced EYEther, thank you) the metals or the woodvils, they are just a precaution, as I was informed by Robert O' Neil a long while ago.

I had one missing for months on a metal Reo and did not even realize it, so I called Rob and that is when he told me that they were not essential, but perhaps more akin to a safety precaution.

I will retire now that I've shared my knowledge.

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Rob could never keep up without help . It would be great if I could build all the mods myself but that is impossible unless you guys buy me that replicator . I do talk to myselves from time to time[/QUOT

:laugh:Oh boy, you're a whack job! No wonder I like you!

,,um...do you get responses from them others? I do....

Last edited:

egrets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
Sorry, hope that's ok to post here...

One of the magnets of the door on my Reo just somehow popped out and stick to the battery. In a hurry to want to make sure I don't lose it I put that in without realizing there's a positive and negative side...of course I put it in reverse (didn't glue down) and now no matter what I do it won't pop out again and I can't fix it...I know it's just for security but now one side of the door try to stick and the other is not sticking...just feel weird...sigh... :(

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to take it out so I can put it it back correctly?

Thanks!

egrets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
Put a magnet on it and pull it out? Depending on how hard its in there, you can also try a piece of steel to pull it out.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Thanks for the suggestion!

But I looked and the only other piece of magnet I got at home is those on the fridge door...doesn't work. Can't fine steel anywhere neither... :(

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Sorry, hope that's ok to post here...

One of the magnets of the door on my Reo just somehow popped out and stick to the battery. In a hurry to want to make sure I don't lose it I put that in without realizing there's a positive and negative side...of course I put it in reverse (didn't glue down) and now no matter what I do it won't pop out again and I can't fix it...I know it's just for security but now one side of the door try to stick and the other is not sticking...just feel weird...sigh... :(

Anyone has any suggestion as to how to take it out so I can put it it back correctly?

Thanks!

I had the same issue when I re-glued mine. I re-installed mine backwards and no way in hell mine was going to come out of the body. I tapped the door against a hard rubber hockey puck and both magnets fell out, I stuck them to the corresponding magnets and reglued them accordingly. Polarity matters! I wouldn't tap the body the same way unless you remove the delrin block, I could see the threads in the center (delrin) screw distorting to the point of stripping. Remember aluminum 4-40 threads are very fragile.

egrets

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Seattle, WA
I had the same issue when I re-glued mine. I re-installed mine backwards and no way in hell mine was going to come out of the body. I tapped the door against a hard rubber hockey puck and both magnets fell out, I stuck them to the corresponding magnets and reglued them accordingly. Polarity matters! I wouldn't tap the body the same way unless you remove the delrin block, I could see the threads in the center (delrin) screw distorting to the point of stripping. Remember aluminum 4-40 threads are very fragile.

I'm kind of worried about tapping the door on anything with the color side...don't want to further scratch up that side (already a few light scratches from use). Maybe I should try tapping it with the silver side tomorrow and see if I have any luck. Too late to make loud noises now. The silver side of the door is already a mess after I've tried everything I can think of on it, at least it's the inside so though heart breaking but not as bad as scratching up the color...

Thanks for all the help. I might just email Robert tomorrow to see if I can order another door...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread