Magnificent Sir_Lawrence of Vapor Moon (copied from Positive Review of Suppliers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsprouts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
I have been a very bad customer. The absolute worst, and I did it to my very favorite ECF supplier ever. I am truly sorry Sir_Lawrence...and truly grateful!

It all started when I saw a beautiful "amber sparkle" powder coat at powderbuythepound.com, many months ago. I had been wanting a VV Saber Touch for so long, and wanted the perfect dream mod to put my "Amber Sparkle" powder on. I love earth tones, browns and ambers. Pink and purple mods are pretty for some girls, but not so much for me. I didn't want another black mod, or silvery metals either. It had to be *Amber*! I told Sir how much I wanted it to be amber and not black. I ordered the powder and an undercoat. Trying to avoid a black mod, I picked a silver undercoat with the help of a PBTP employee and sent it off to Sir_Lawrence.

Poor Sir. He wanted so much to make me happy and avoid a black mod, he tried and tried, but the silvery undercoat wouldn't stick. I had ordered the wrong stuff! To fix my mistake, not only did he order a nice gray undercoat at his own expense, he also had to order another half pound of my amber powder...never telling me that he had to get more or charging me. He also went through *eight* tubes trying to get my VV ST made for me. He finally got the powder to stick over the gray undercoat and sent me a lovely mod that worked like a dream. I was so happy that it worked so amazingly well, and it really was pretty, but it wasn't AMBER.

Not having any knowledge of how powders work, I assumed that my mod would be amber regardless of what was underneath, just a darker or lighter shade of amber. While my Saber Touch worked so well (they all do!), I was sad over having lost my shot at owning my earth tone dream mod. I contacted Sir_Lawrence and told him that I really wanted the mod to be amber, and he let me know that it would be black, but with sparkles, not really an earth tone, but if I wanted it, he would make it for me, just send back the other (and told me to take my time as it would be a few days before my new one would have caps) and he would try again.

Well, now NINE tubes in, extra orders for gray and black undercoat and an extra batch of amber sparkle (an expensive powder) and countless hours of our Sir's time, he sent me the VV Saber Touch of my dreams. The mod I should have just ordered with a black undercoat to begin with. It is the most gorgeous mod I have ever seen and of course, it works like magic, Sir puts some into every mod he makes. I could not love Amber more. Yes, she is black with greenish sparkles in some light, but at least 90% of the time, she looks like a nice deep ambery-brown with fine red glitter powder lighting her up. She would have been this way from the start had I not said "I just don't want another black mod." I really should have let the master do his thing and just stayed out of it.

Throughout all of this, Sir_Lawrence was so kind and patient with me, never once seemed annoyed, and was so generous. He would not accept payment for his extra time or materials, and he went through a lot for me. The best thing is, it is just in his nature to speak (and write) so graciously, he never once made me feel bad for all that I was putting him to. I do feel awful anyway, who wouldn't? This all came down to me insisting on not wanting a black mod and him bending over backwards to try to make Amber happen for me over lighter undercoats. The amber sparkle was just not designed to work that way. From now on I'll stay out of the powder coating process and let Sir do his thing.

I adore Sir and Lady Lawrence, and their little prince. They all sacrificed time away from each other for the time it took to get my dream mod made. I couldn't be more happy with the way that she works, and I just can't stop staring at her, she is so beautiful to me. I wish the picture would show how gorgeous the ambery-brown shows in the light, it's just near impossible to capture on camera. She looks a bit lighter and much more amber in person. A picture of the mod that Sir went the extra mile for me on, time and time again, is below. Every time I use her I'll think of what a wonderful man our Sir is, and I'm filled with admiration for him. He is even more amazing than his Saber Touch mods, and there's nothing much better than those!

So, anyways...I had to write about his generosity and the kindness he showed to me when the whole problem came down to my initial request to avoid a black mod, when a black undercoat was what was supposed to be used to begin with and the mistake was entirely my own.

~*~Amber~*~

amberju.jpg

By wingsprouts at 2012-07-15

THANK YOU Sir_LAWRENCE!!!

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
Great story wingsprouts! I couldn't agree more. He has always gone above and beyond for my wife and I. He always was giving that little extra to make sure we were happy and completly satisfied with his work. The time and effort he puts in to make sure he gets it right is amazing, and the quality and performance of his product is unmatched. He truly cares about making people happy with his sabers and helping them stop smoking. People talk about business ethics today and Sir's are probably the highest I've ever seen. He truly care's about the customer, consistently tries to give back to the community, (not just the vaping community, but other worthwhile charities and causes as well), and for me sets his standards way beyond all customer expectations. If more people were like Sir Lawrence and did business like he does the world would be a better place!

Splinter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
New York
Wing, Amber looks beautiful :). Sir Lawrence really does go out of his way. I had ordered a mini for my husband to surprise him for his Birthday and not once did Sir get upset with the emails I sent him. I know his site says that it takes 14-21 days to receive the ST but my husbands Birthday was in two weeks from when I ordered it. I would have ordered it sooner but I had to wait for payday to purchase it for him. Sir kept assuring me that I would receive it with plenty of time to wrap it for my husband but I was a nervous wreak that it wouldn't get to me in time. Sir Lawrence didn't let that happen. He worked on his mini and got it to me on the exact day he told me I would have it. Sir takes great pride in his customers and his products.

wingsprouts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
So true Splinter! I'm so glad you got your Saber on time for your sweet husband :)

One thing I forgot to mention. Not only did Sir cover all the mistakes for me, I didn't even pay full price for my Amber Dream ST. He gave me a 20% off coupon for it on one of his contest! It was the kindest thing any supplier has ever done. I am just amazed.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
So happy you got your dream mod(and what a beautiful dream that is:wub:)! And I agrre with everyone here about Sir_Lawrence. He goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are happy, I can't even begin to tell you all how much he has done for me. Now if we could just get ECF to have a supplier of the Year award, I say Sir_Lawrence without a doubt would get the Honors:thumbs:

seanluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Hazleton, PA
So happy you got your dream mod(and what a beautiful dream that is:wub:)! And I agrre with everyone here about Sir_Lawrence. He goes above and beyond to make sure his customers are happy, I can't even begin to tell you all how much he has done for me. Now if we could just get ECF to have a supplier of the Year award, I say Sir_Lawrence without a doubt would get the Honors:thumbs:

Two more votes from me and my wife!

pounder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
tucson,az
No one would deserve it more than Sir Lawrence. He is what every vendor should strive to be IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread