Status
Not open for further replies.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I've had some shoe-horn experiences w/ metal cases. It's always good to put a thin insulated material between touching components. I've used DVD case plastic, electrical tape, a dab or two of hot glue, etc... on vital areas. Encasing electrical components in hot glue is NOT a good idea. Air flow is critical.

I have some vinyl that I'm going to use to line the part of the box where the electronics are. Sheet metal wasn't my first choice for the enclosure, but I wanted a specific size enclosure and have access to a bunch of scrap, shear, and break at work. But I do like the idea of having the sheet metal to protect against puncturing the lipo. I kind of worry about having a lipo mod in my pocket and puncturing the lipo somehow.

Do have any kind of power disconnect?

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
I use two PTC's in parallel. Parallel will half the fuse resistance.

When I first started using Li-Po's I always added JST connectors but since stop using them.

During beta testing I put the dna through extensive testing and a few times lost the display. Like Bap said, remove the power to the DNA. It worked for me. And it also worked for erratic screen behavior.

Seems like putting an on/off switch between the battery and DNA20 is a good idea then as a sort of master reboot.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I want one of these on my DNA20 pv! :lol:
images

Seems like putting an on/off switch between the battery and DNA20 is a good idea then as a sort of master reboot.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I had spoken to Brandon about a reset on the board when I had some fluky issues during beta testing. He had said that it was a good idea and may consider it. On my MCU mods I put a reset switch.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I had spoken to Brandon about a reset on the board when I had some fluky issues during beta testing. He had said that it was a good idea and may consider it. On my MCU mods I put a reset switch.

That would be a great addition. I recommend in place of the on board fire button with the height not to exceed the tallest other component :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread