making zero nic juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
I was reading a few posts in the DIY liquid sections and it seems that the most difficult thing is nicotine extraction. Correct me if I'm wrong but smoke juice is liquid nicotine mixed with flavorings mixed with either PG or VG. So in theory if one would want to make a zero nic juice all one would do is mix flavors with either PG or VG right? if so where can I get PG/VG and the flavorings?

No burn baby

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2008
Buckinghamshire, England, UK
The current understanding is that VG is probably a safer option than PG so you may as well go for that if you are home brewing. You can get it from the chemist/drug store. Look for bottles of food grade Glycerin BP, or look on ebay. The flavourings can be obtained online and from cake and candy stores. You need to be careful to avoid colouring, oil and sugar though. Lor Ann flavourings are quite highly rated, perform a google search and ye shall find. In the DIY juice sub forum Kate, our resident expert, has many a handy suggestion and has posted a list of the OK Lor Ann flavours to use (i.e sugar/colour etc. free.) There is another US brand of flavourings too that i've heard referred to a lot, someone will let you know I'm sure. VG is super gloopy so you may want to dilute it a little with alcohol and/or distilled water. I've not gotten round to my experimentations yet as I'm still awaiting my flavourings but the recipe I have jotted down to try is as follows (I am personally aiming for the purest, simplest formula possible):

20% distilled water
10% vodka
10 - 20% Lor Ann flavouring (some are stronger than others)
60% glycerine

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Verdict:
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Back to the drawing board on that one! All I taste is the glycerine. I'll wait till Totally wicked comes to north america, and try theirs. Tea from a bag is for drinking. Case closed. :)

Bickfords flavours can be vaped neat but the LorAnn candy flavours are very strong and taste better diluted.

I'd be interested in hearing how your experiment goes Youfillintheblank, I like black tea and might give that a go myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread