Mall kiosk vendors are fricken ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
So, I went to Roosevelt field mall (you New Yorkers will know where this is).

I passed by the Smoking Everywhere booth, here's the dialogue (to the best of my memory):

Hey, do you smoke?
-no.
Did you ever smoke?
-yes.
Come come, check these out, they feel just like smoking, you can enjoy smoking all over again without the cancer!
-Made in China?
They're made in our factories right here in the US! (A blatant lie ofcourse)
-Really? That's awesome!
Try this, it's apple flavor. You smoke hookah right? You look like a younger dude.
-Yes, I do. This apple tastes like crap by the way.
What do you mean? It's delicious, I love it! You've never used an electronic cigarette before?
-I have, just not one this bad.
Sir, we have the highest quality products. These go for $99. Your girlfriend here would love it too!
-Oh she hates these things.
Why? No bad breath, no cancer, nothing. They even smell good!
-Sorry, not interested dude.
How about a discount? $89.
-I just spent close to $300 on these things, so I'm good for a while.
I bet you haven't used one this good though!
-I bet you haven't either. *pulls out Provari*
What is that thing?
-Something like what you're selling, just not made like .... and actually works.
No my friend, you aren't getting it. New technologies have made these products much smaller. I bet you'll get better smoke out of my e-cigs.
-Here, try this. (Drips 2 drops of Vapor Renu Peppermint onto my HH.357 at 5.2v)
Wow, this is terrible compared to what I have. I'll tell you what, I'll give you extra flavors for free!
-Dude, I have hundreds already, and I know your product is made in a factory without quality control.
We deliver the best quality products in the US. Plus, that thing you have is too big, why do you even carry it around? You look ridiculous.
-Because I enjoy vaping from it.
You mean smoking? What is vaping? You must be new.
-I think I know a little more than you do. This is actually called vaping, not smoking. There isn't any smoke produced.
Sure, I still think that thing is big.
-That's what she said.

***walks away***

Come back for a minute!
-Can I help you with something?
Don't you want something smaller to use?
-Not really. I have this. *pulls out Ego w/DCT*
Another one?
-Yes. this tank lasts me all week, and one of your cartomizers will last me 3 hours.
No, they last for a pack of cigarettes worth. Sir, you need to realize something. My product is better, it's what you need. It looks like a real cigarette so nobody will question you, and it works better too because it looks real.
-How much are they paying you to pester people? How about this, I'll sell you what I have. A battery and an atomizer and a bottle of Menthol e-liquid for $60. Deal?
I don't need that.
-yes you do, you obviously don't know what you're even selling. Take this, use it, and research it.
Fine, give me your phone number, I'll be giving you a call.

**Sells spare Ego battery w/1.5ohm Joye 510 atty, bottle of 11mg menthol**

*****3 days later...***

*Ring Ring*

<summary>
I quit selling those things, I can't believe the company made me fall for that ..... I actually quit smoking with what you sold me.

If I'm counting right, he should be on the forums very, very soon.

2 points for epic conversion!

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
I love walking by those kiosks....

It's always the same guy who never remembers anyone.

"Hey bud-dy"
"You smoke cigarette"
"Come try thiiis i give you good price"

When im bored in the mall waiting for my girl i start asking him how they compare to the more advanced PV's on the market. Always the same thing...

"Oh you know theeese"
"I give you better price"
"80 Dollars with free box of extra cartridges"

This is when i say..."Can i buy them cheaper online?"

He says.."Yes but quality not so good as theeese"

So then i show him the Smoking everywhere website on my phone has them for $29.99.

He says..."That is online price you save now"

I say..."Thanks anyway" :)

That company sucks .......If someone says they don't smoke they push you to try regardless.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
It's not just e-cigs.

I got accosted by a dude from a hair straightener kiosk yesterday. He sits me down and starts working on my hair. I keep asking how much are they, but he won't tell me till he gets done showing me how fab they are. Finally, he lets me know that they "normally sell for $300 or more", but since he likes me and my poor 'put the hair in a ponytail to drag the kids to the mall hairstyle' is obviously offensive to him, he's going to give me a special deal of only $150! Wow, how awesome is that?

I tell him I'm going to take the kids to get a cookie, and I'll look up the hair straightener on my iPhone to read some reviews. He tries to get me to look it up right in front of him, I'm sure so he can direct me to the proper websites. I say, "no way dude!". He walks away in disgust.

I look it up while the kids are eating their cookies. Find the same thing on amazon for $30. On my way back by the booth the girl who was there stops me again to ask if I've thought about it and did I like the straightener. I tell her (loudly, in front of two girls, one of whom is signing a credit card receipt) that, "yeah I like it, but I found the same thing on amazon for $30.". Of course she tells me that, "oh, those are used. They tell you they are new, but they are used." I tell her i don't believe that for a minute and ask why there would be so many people selling used ones online, "are they crap and everyone wants to get rid of them?". She then tells me that if I buy from her I can bring it back if it breaks. I tell her that I can buy 5 at the price on amazon for the price she's selling them for. Why would I pay $150 just so I could truck 20 minutes back to the mall when I could just pay another $30 and have a new one delivered right to my door (not that I'd buy another if it broke right away on me). The girl who just signed the receipt looks a little sick at that point, but I'm sure it was her parent's money anyway.

Passed the smoke51 kiosk on the way out, but I didn't stop to chat with them this time. :)

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
It's not just e-cigs.

I got accosted by a dude from a hair straightener kiosk yesterday. He sits me down and starts working on my hair. I keep asking how much are they, but he won't tell me till he gets done showing me how fab they are. Finally, he lets me know that they "normally sell for $300 or more", but since he likes me and my poor 'put the hair in a ponytail to drag the kids to the mall hairstyle' is obviously offensive to him, he's going to give me a special deal of only $150! Wow, how awesome is that?

I tell him I'm going to take the kids to get a cookie, and I'll look up the hair straightener on my iPhone to read some reviews. He tries to get me to look it up right in front of him, I'm sure so he can direct me to the proper websites. I say, "no way dude!". He walks away in disgust.

I look it up while the kids are eating their cookies. Find the same thing on amazon for $30. On my way back by the booth the girl who was there stops me again to ask if I've thought about it and did I like the straightener. I tell her (loudly, in front of two girls, one of whom is signing a credit card receipt) that, "yeah I like it, but I found the same thing on amazon for $30.". Of course she tells me that, "oh, those are used. They tell you they are new, but they are used." I tell her i don't believe that for a minute and ask why there would be so many people selling used ones online, "are they crap and everyone wants to get rid of them?". She then tells me that if I buy from her I can bring it back if it breaks. I tell her that I can buy 5 at the price on amazon for the price she's selling them for. Why would I pay $150 just so I could truck 20 minutes back to the mall when I could just pay another $30 and have a new one delivered right to my door (not that I'd buy another if it broke right away on me). The girl who just signed the receipt looks a little sick at that point, but I'm sure it was her parent's money anyway.

Passed the smoke51 kiosk on the way out, but I didn't stop to chat with them this time. :)

This reminds me of the red sea or dead sea something nail care product kiosks we have here.

They hold a bowl of discusting luke warm bacteria farm water that 100 other people that hour were splashing around in.

So of course i ask what it is.

The girl describes the water with a sort of divine like description and then goes on to say that this water has a higher salt content then other waters. Very invigorating for nails or something. Then she grabs my hand and tells me how my nails need "care". She tries to put my hand in the toilet water and i pull away. I asked her if the salt content was higher in this water than why couldn't i just add salt to some water at home. She explains that it is a special water with special salt. Then i asked her if the water was imported from wherever she was refering to and she says no it is "recreated".

Who is buying this crap to keep these people in business? I hate the fact that vaping is associated with these ....... So many people gain so many benefits from vaping as opposed to cigarettes and the face the general public sees when in reference to it is a mid twenties guy with a weird accent, a semi hairy chest, skinny fake gold necklace, and a shirt that needs a few more buttons applied near the collar.

Startle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
NY, NY
Okay, I have to admit that I fell for the dead sea stuff. But in my defense, they had a really attractive guy with an alluring foreign accent. He gave me a 'great deal'. Lol. The product was okay, but nothing you can't get much cheaper elsewhere.

So you Spazzed out. No biggie - we've all been there and done that lol.

Vape On!

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
so these kiosks are also peddling fear alongside their products. someone on the street stopped me and was talking about his NJoy, saying other similar products that are not that brand "have been known to cause anaphylactic shock".
it was very difficult for me not to get excited over that comment, since i do have allergies that result in anaphylactic shock. i had to explain that it was just different battery, and no part of the hardware is internally consumed, just the liquid. it made my brain explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread