Mall kiosk vendors are fricken ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokk45

Jan 7, 2013
Lewisville, TX
when I went for an oil change I told the guy I needed my rear blinker fluid check and kept a straight face. he was half way to back of truck before he realized what I said LOL

I work in an auto parts store and we get these guys all the time thinking they are being original. A good one is when they ask for a muffler bearing and I pull out a rubber exhaust hanger. Hey! It bears the weight of the muffler and there was a Nissan years ago that actually called it a muffler bearing in thier manuals. The best though is to call another shop and tell them that your mechanic says you need a new fallopian tube for your '93 Volvo S70. New guys go nuts trying to look that up!

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
It's really irritating when those in the e-cig industry lie !!

That is the only thing that the e-cig industry shares with big tobacco.. the lying. =)

Kiosks suck. They all do with the exception of the Ghost Armor ones or the few that sell legitimate products. And because 99% of all kiosks suck, I need to utilize them for entertainment when the opportunity arises.

aarondante

Feb 21, 2013
San Diego, CA
Lol this is ridiculous. Those kiosks don't sell anything better than what you can get from a gas station.

At fashion valley mall here in San Diego they actually have a kiosk for Vapure, a local b&m shop, that sells egos and lambos. Their juices are actually tasty too. Gonna give those other cig-alike kiosks a hard time - if not put them out of business haha

nharmsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2013
Belleville, Illinois
When I first got into vaping, I bought a blu kit (yes I know NEWB!!!) anyways, the guy was trying to sell me some brand 510 kit. I explained to him that I was enroute to purchase a ego-t. He says "they are crap because you can't use it and charge at the same time", to which I responded with "if it lasts all day why do I need to charge it during the day, when I would just charge it at night?" The kit was like $90 but but but if I brought my blu in (which I spent $60 on) then he would give me a $20 discount. Then I said "Great then I just spent $110-$120 on a over-priced joyetech 510 kit". The rudeness! By the way I don't sell my things, I give them away, I don't believe in getting money back for something I used, especially if I don't like it.

cowboy6591

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Liberty, TN
thanks for the likes guys haha

and yes, i've had some kiosk try and sell me a straightener before...for $200...my hair isn't even long.

they said to give it to my mother, grandmother, or girlfriend lol

Well my girlfriend thinks your hair is just fine, and everything else too in your avatar, after having a Brutus versus Olive Oil discussion about her approval of your looks [me jealous] I assure you straightening out your hair wont change a thing. Now as for her shoulder surfing edicut, that needs work.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Well my girlfriend thinks your hair is just fine, and everything else too in your avatar, after having a Brutus versus Olive Oil discussion about her approval of your looks [me jealous] I assure you straightening out your hair wont change a thing. Now as for her shoulder surfing edicut, that needs work.

I'll take that as a compliment, I think? lol

I'm surprised the two of you had a discussion about my avatar hahhaha

I can assure you though, I have never attempted to straighten my hair. Nor will I ever. I'd probably end up burning my scalp -_-

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
great story! sounds like the people in the malls around here trying to pitch things no one wants..

lol he sounds like a terrible sales rep too..

no matter what , you don't admit you are selling a terrible product.. or even worse.. just quit? haha

Eh, it was his job lol. (Almost) anything for a dollar I suppose. I've had plenty of people suggest cheaper camera equipment at their own privately-owned shops before, since I'm in them almost daily. What surprised me is how this guy "believed" his product was "superior". It was the whole ego-trip built into his sales funnel lol.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
Eh, it was his job lol. (Almost) anything for a dollar I suppose. I've had plenty of people suggest cheaper camera equipment at their own privately-owned shops before, since I'm in them almost daily. What surprised me is how this guy "believed" his product was "superior". It was the whole ego-trip built into his sales funnel lol.

yea sounds like such a scam.. well at least he won't be bothering people anymore lol

it's the same with people who rave about BLU and think I'm crazy for using an evic - and then don't actually want to debate the reasoning why.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
yea sounds like such a scam.. well at least he won't be bothering people anymore lol

it's the same with people who rave about BLU and think I'm crazy for using an evic - and then don't actually want to debate the reasoning why.

The last time I stopped by one of those stands, I was looking for that leaf vaporizing unit kinda thing for an ego, just to mess around with some pipe tobacco. I'm pretty sure one of the bystanders (not the rep) told me that my Billet Box was "illegal to carry around"...lol

John Castle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Well, I haven't seen a mall kosk yet, since I don't go to malls, but we do have a liquor store down the street now selling e-cigs, specifically the Nicotek Metro kits and disposables, and some juices from a vendor I had never heard of before called Voda.

The guys behind the counter seem to really enjoy the Metros, but they're always very interested in the iTaste when I come in. Yeah, they're selling ineffective crud for way too much -- but in their case, I think it's due to a simple lack of knowledge more than any objective to gouge their customers. Well, to gouge their customers in any specific way, that is. :lol:

sam12six

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Georgia
but in their case, I think it's due to a simple lack of knowledge more than any objective to gouge their customers. Well, to gouge their customers in any specific way, that is. :lol:

I believe this is the case in the vast majority of situations. These people didn't get their kiosk jobs by researching PVs and looking to get into the industry. They got the job and the owner gave them some materials that contained lies. If you get a job at a bakery and the boss tells you the bread contains no gluten when it actually does, you're not a bad person for telling someone it's gluten free.

That said, the people at the top, the ones behind the cigalike industry really piss me off. It's impossible to tell someone exactly how long a tank full of juice will last in cigarette terms because so much depends on the person's habits and vaping style, but I've seen advertisements for regular 808 cartos that claim a single fill will last as long as 3 packs of cigarettes - the only world in which that is true is one where people light up, take a puff, then toss the cigarette.

I don't get this idea of gleefully trying to make the salespeople look like idiots (even if you think they are). Everything you can buy in a mall, you can buy for less online - EVERYTHING. Do any of you stake out convenience stores to stop customers and let them know they can get that Coke for half the price across the street at Publix? I'm all for education and if anyone asked my opinion on whether they should buy from one of those kiosks, I'd let them know what I think, but I don't see the pleasure in going out of my way to be a Richard...

bzmotoninja83

ECF Live Chat Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Hopewell, Va
There's nothing wrong with being a Ri Chard. Lmao.

Anyways, the point behind this is, the face that they, the kiosk salesmen and the like, will tell you that their product is superior and, sell it for at a minimum, 900% markup. I understand the whole marketing thing going on. I've been in similar situations but, also understand the whole shop around thing. Its almost like someone saying hey, I'm selling ford festivas. They are superior to whatever you drive because it's small and, I'm selling them for $50,000 because they get awesome gas mileage.

Tell me that you wouldn't mess with a salesman like that or rant about it on the internet?

Sent from the 804

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread