The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mandatory to boil or torch Ekowool ??? First time Ekowool & IGO-W set up lol

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizer Systems' started by Vap3ster, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Vap3ster

Vap3ster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    I am about to use ekowool for the first time and use a igo-w for the first time.

Wile reading up on ekowool I heard people saying it must be boiled first time you use it. Other people said it must be torched first time you use it.

What is the correct way to set up with ekowool. ?

Any good video tutorials ?

2. Saleen121212

Saleen121212 Full Member Verified Member

Jun 1, 2013
    United States
    I could be doing it wrong but I never torch or wash my ekowool. The first few times I ran a lighter over it but after that I just wrap some wire around it and vape away.

3. madicen

madicen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Minglewood
    Besides removing the residual crap from the manufacturing process, torching it will stiffen it thereby making it easier to work with. Personally I torch the hell out of it with a propane torch then rise it under water, since I find it helps me. Is it mandatory, no.

4. Vap3ster

Vap3ster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2013
    Miami
    Got it. Because with standard silica I would just make a coil nothing special beforehand. I did read that about ekowool somewhere here so I just wanted to be sure.

5. Crocky

Crocky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    Tagging on here. I received some ekowool in a trade. Can you torch it with a regular lighter? When I did that it turned blackish where I torched it. Would wipe off on hand but the wick stayed somewhat a black color. I have read that it won't turn black if it is real eko wool but I may have read that wrong and now cannot find the thread to verify.

Any input is greatly appreciated. I have ever used it so want to be sure. I have the hollow ekowool

6. erebel

erebel Full Member

May 31, 2013
    Oklahoma City Ok USA
    I just torched some 2 mil ecowool and it didn't change colors but, I used a butane torch, not a lighter. You may want to wash it after using your lighter in case the black is impurities in your lighter.

7. Crocky

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hmmm, maybe I should see if I can pick up something else to torch it with. I did wash it but some of the black stayed, guessing it got into the material.

8. Crocky

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
  9. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I boil ekowool for about 1/2 hour, to remove whatever contaminants might be on it. When working with it, I torch it with a butane mini torch first, to stiffen it up a bit.

10. misterD

misterD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.