The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

manual 901 passthrough, ...????????

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by booboo, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. booboo

booboo Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    How the hell do you work this thing? I just keep pushing the button, holding it in, not holding it in, etc, and can't figure out how it works. I got a couple light whiffs of vape, but don't know how--and they were nothing like a regular passthrough. plus I got cut off right away (I always double-quaduple hit). Is this normal? 8-o

2. D05GTO

D05GTO Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2009
    SC
    Press button for 1 second and hold it. Start inhaling on e-cig. Let go of button 1 second before you stop your inhalation. This becomes second nature quick.

D

3. happily

happily Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    anchorage, ak
    if it has an inline battery it needs to charge

4. The4thDoctor

The4thDoctor New Member

Jun 15, 2009
    By the way, where can I get a 901 manual passthrough?

Thanks!

5. Palmetto

Palmetto Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    Try Good Prophet in the Supplier Forum. There are probably other suppliers there who also sell them.

6. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    I just got one of these today. I have found that if I cover the hole in the atomizer a little while it's warming up, it increased the vapor output a lot.

I ordered mine from Good Prophet Sunday, and I'm vaping it today. Good company to deal with.

7. harmony gardens

harmony gardens Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Just to clarify a little,,, I hold the button with my thumb (near the joint in my thumb) and cover the hole with the upper part of my thumb while it's warming up,,, then release it just before I release the button.

(shhhhhh,,, it's kind of like using a carburator, if you know what I mean)

I've put all of my attys on the thing, and found that the holes don't line up with the button the same on all of them. If the hole lines up with the button, you can use just your thumb, if not, you can push the button with your thumb, and cover the hole with your finger.

Hope this helps. I love this thing!!

8. booboo

booboo Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
    San Diego, CA
  9. ApOsTle51

ApOsTle51 Moved On ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2008
    UK
    a standard USB port won't supply enough amperage to run an e-cig properly.

Considering an ecig draws up to 1 amp of current ( 1000mA ):

500 mA is the quoted USB spec AFAIK, per port
    usb 2.0 standard says 1.5 amps if there is external power, 100 mA unsupported

USB devices may draw up to 100 mA before "negotiation" with the host, after which they may draw up to what the host gives them permission to draw, which is limited to 500 mA due to physical interface requirements

The negotiation requires exchange of information between the devices over the bus.

Your common e-cig passthrough won't "communicate" with the mother board so power is limited

those with an in-line battery only run off that battery , the USB is just charging that battery

10. rfun6

rfun6 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
    Tennessee ....
    Interesting. this is good to know, I wondered about the button type and how to use them.

11. DigDreams

DigDreams Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2009
    Oldsmar, FL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.