Manual Passthough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg458

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
I have built many for my friends and myself. The thing is that they run directly off the USB so they are 5v I want something that runs at 3.7v. I do not know what voltage the auto runs at also it is for the car and I have a feeling that the auto is going to be just as sensative as the auto batteries. Any thoughts from anybody that has one?

There isn't one available. But you can build one cheaply enough.

Last edited:

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
They are just as sensitive as the auto batteries. Probably not to good for use in a car. Although if the windows are up and the radio isn't blasting, it's fine. I am also pretty sure the 401 pt does run at 5v.

I actually pulled the battery connector from my 401 pass thru, and made a nicostick. That pretty much eliminates the need for a pass thru, since it will give me at least 10 hrs of pretty hard vaping. Barely used anything else since building it.

mvc

Jan 26, 2010
Canada
I have built many for my friends and myself. The thing is that they run directly off the USB so they are 5v I want something that runs at 3.7v. I do not know what voltage the auto runs at also it is for the car and I have a feeling that the auto is going to be just as sensative as the auto batteries. Any thoughts from anybody that has one?
I got one - voltage is 3.25 - measured a few times to be sure.
Also you can drop the voltage by adding one or two diodes - each drops 0.7v.
I am planning to make one soon - just got one of my manual batts faulty (bad switch) and now I am wondering between making a mod or manual PT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread