MAP TANK is till available !!! WOW !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Sorry for mistype... " STILL AVAILABLE ":For those new like me and even if you have been vapeing for a long time..... Bruce at Clouds of Vapor has Map tanks available on his web site as I am typing this....

These Map tanks go fast - It took me 3 months to get one! I think the rush is over as he still has some still in stock..... This has been the longest I have ever seen them available on his site... The price may be steep to you? yes I put a question mark there.... These things are awesome as I have 3 of them.. COV put the mini's up for the first time today and they sold out the first hour - which is what has been happening with the Map tanks.... I would one of these tonight before they disappear!!!

Just wanted to give anyone a heads up the Map Tanks are still up for those wanting one!!!

MAP Tank Mod

Last edited:

speedemon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Chicagoland
ok, so I have heard all of the raves (maybe not ALL, but enough), and I went and bought one. I was not clear on what the real difference is in the ohms, I got the 3.2 ohm. Can someone explain the difference and why I would want one ohm over another?? Why are they offered in different ohms??
The 3.2 ohm works on higher voltage,the lower ohms are for lower voltage.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
so why would one ohm be preferred over another... what is the difference in performance?

If you do not own a VV (variable voltage) device, especially one with circuit protection, you will burn up attys/cartos fast if you put too many volts into too low an OHM. The Lower the ohms, the more watts a battery produces through your atty. You can make an ego (around 3 volts) perform like a 5 volt unit by using a LR (low resistance) 1.5-2.0 ohm atty/carto. Trade off is that your battery drains faster and the lifespan of the LR units is lower. You need to find the best ohm atty/carto for your unit that gives you the vapor you want, but doesnt burn up your battery or attys. Its tricky to find that balance with non VV

If you do own a VV device, with circuit protection, you can change the voltage and go as high as the in-built protection allows. For Example: LR 306 atty= 1.5 ohms. I can push 3.6 volts though it all day long, with no problems. I push 3.7 volts and it trips the 3 amp circuit protection in my Provari and stops me from burning up the atty. Now the 2.8 ohm cartomizer I'm using right now, I can slam 6 volts into it and not burn it up or kick the circuit protection. Wtih VV you can use anything out there that will screw onto your unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread