Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Pete, there is an Oring on the outer edge of the Delrin end caps to stop any liquid from leaking there, then it is a press fit when you put the E2 carto into the other hole in the center of the Delrin cap, it just cant and doesn't leak from either spot when put together properly.

Now that makes sense. I believe it wasn't put together properly. thanks mwa!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Ok. I think I figured out why cos was having leaking issues. I just received my MAP tank and it works great! As I can see now, the ceramic cup with the silicone cap on it, must be seated into the base of the top delrin washer. If you go to put a drip tip into the metal tube and push too hard it pushes on the silicone cap and unseats it from the delrin washer. The key to this not happening is to remove the metal tube, put the drip tip on it and then reinsert the tube into the top of the unit. No leaks at all! Just works friggin' great!
Now I do have a question about removing the E2 for cleaning or replacement. What is the correct procedure?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
With the extension adapter it works really well with these mods.....

minimods.jpg

darwinmod.jpg

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
yeh guys my mapo tank works quite well now. thanks for the help pete. also to Matt (MWA) thank you as well. that Darwin looks good. how long is it Parallex2? Dam just got a new mod today and another coming and possible another after that. i will have to pass on the Darwin. enjoy it Parallex2. does it have any kind of feed tube or you just using the MAP Tank to show how it looks with the tank.

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
well its most angry pirate hence map tank mod. and he is a truck driver driving aobut 70 hours a week then he gets home and makes these mods inbetween family time. main reason that there always out of stock was because he put the 30 dollar cap on it so everyone can afford one. he didnt wanna make a homemade version of the afs or avs and sell it for 70 or 80 bucks where people either go with out it or just end up passing up juice and stuff to save for one. pirate is one of the most stand up mod makers i know. that being said he does need someone in their working while hes driving. he had the option to put it out to a machining company but he was worried about the level of quality control. so he makes at home that way he can be assured that every one that gets sold is up to his level of perfection.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
well its most angry pirate hence map tank mod. and he is a truck driver driving aobut 70 hours a week then he gets home and makes these mods inbetween family time. main reason that there always out of stock was because he put the 30 dollar cap on it so everyone can afford one. he didnt wanna make a homemade version of the afs or avs and sell it for 70 or 80 bucks where people either go with out it or just end up passing up juice and stuff to save for one. pirate is one of the most stand up mod makers i know. that being said he does need someone in their working while hes driving. he had the option to put it out to a machining company but he was worried about the level of quality control. so he makes at home that way he can be assured that every one that gets sold is up to his level of perfection.

yeh sounds good to me.

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com

Well said! Adam (MAP) is a great guy and is working as fast as he can on these. So glad he hooked up with COV to supply these.

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Looks awesome... I snagged a 2.4ohm one today, just got the "it shipped" email (thanks again Bruce). Where did you get the spacer? I need to get one myself.

So once again Bruce proves his awesomeness... he read my post and stuck a 510 to 510 extender in my envelope :) Well the 2.4 ohm MAP Tank, couple Pawns and extender just landed a little while ago. It worked well on my MVS with the extender, but I think I will use it on my Cloud Laser for now.

2011-01-22-MAP_tank-02.jpg

Last edited:

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Awesome James, btw, love the ECF background in that pic, especially that nice avatar showing up on the left hand side!!!

:)

Here is it on my MVS with the extender and a full shot on the Laser

2011-01-22-MAP_tank.jpg

2011-01-22-MAP_tank-03.jpg

I've also got a Bumblebee Pawn for use on my orange Mini GLV-2 when it gets here :)

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
It is actually leaking in through the top and running out the bottom. This is caused by the coil cup/filler cap not being fully seated into the black delrin top plug. Carefully remove the juice, either with a syringe or by removing the top plug, and reassemble making sure that the carto is fully inserted into the bottom so that when the top plug is replaced the coil cup/filler cap is almost completely seated into the top cap. What happens is that when you put a drip tip on it you sometimes push the metal sleve down which pushes the coil cup out of position. At least that's what I've found. When properly seated it will not leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread