Marine Corps Times says electronic cigarettes may become banned on all Marine Corps bases!

Status
Not open for further replies.

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
As I was buying my breakfast from the PX this morning I glanced over and saw a vaporizer on the cover of the Marine Corps Times with something along the lines of, "Will electronic cigarette ban catch on?"

So disappointed that this is even a slight possibility.

That would only make sense. When I was in, that's all I did during downtime was smoke. Courthouse Bay was so damn boring, I'll bet I smoked more there than I ever have. What's your mos?

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
To you and all who are fighting for us I want to THANK YOU ALL. Men and women (past, present, future) deserve homage for what you do.
My husband fought in Viet Nam and now I have nieces and nephews in the service. I understand how hard it is to be so far from your family. I want you to know that all I, and many others, want is FOR YOU TO BE SAFE.

--------------------------------------------
Indiana or Georgia?? Act NOW!!
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...live-indiana-georgia-act-now.html#post1685232
--------------------------------------------
Consider me your recycling center for Njoy Pro, Smoking Everywhere Gold, Cloud 9, Smoke 51 Trio, and DSE103 useless batteries.
Other hardware if it’s still usable.
Those I loan out to/give to thank you.
----------------------------------------------
Support CASAA
CASAA | The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association
Don’t forget to donate to IVAQS research
CASAA.org

Justin25

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
North Carolina
they are not going to ban e-cigarettes, lol. if you bought the marine times you would have read that it says quantico is the only bases so far that you have to be in a designated smoke area to use electronic cigarettes. they were definitely tryin to tell oki,lejeune, and pendleton to ban smoking ecigs in all places except smoking areas.

USMC.CAR

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Okinawa, Japan
they are not going to ban e-cigarettes, lol. if you bought the marine times you would have read that it says quantico is the only bases so far that you have to be in a designated smoke area to use electronic cigarettes. they were definitely tryin to tell oki,lejeune, and pendleton to ban smoking ecigs in all places except smoking areas.

Okay, thanks for the update. I don't mind that at all. I walk down to the smoke pit whenever I want a cigarette, so why not for a vape.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
Regulated to smoking areas wouldnt be the end of the world.
Maybe on a base if it's all young people. I don't know enough about the population there to say. But otherwise, there are certainly ill smokers changing to vaping because they have asthma, emphysema, or COPD, and it may indeed hurt them to be boxed into smoking areas to have a vape.

If the purpose of smoking areas is to protect non-smokers from the secondhand smoke of active smoking, then that purpose is being defeated (and exposed as hypocritical) in forcing anyone else to use those areas.

I understand your comment though and if I was in that position would probably feel the same.

HeatherC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2010
New York
Regulated to smoking areas wouldnt be the end of the world.

Could use some of your fighting spirit to help on my impromptu campaign to get our plight with ecig bans aired on Freedom Watch. If you like the idea, let your buddies who dont ECF know about the site as well.

I don't know that I could agree with this....we vapers have chosen NOT to smoke...Why is it ok to stick those of us who've chosen not to smoke in with ppl who do when they won't ask a person who's never smoked to do the same thing?

AND Thank you ALL for your continued service to this country and to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread