Mark Bugs Chalice retro! Best chalice atomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Been looking for something new!! Just ordered the retro. Hope the delivery is as fast as VF was. Just saying!
I love the retro it’s my favorite atty. you’ll love it too. Try a spaced coil and wicks just touching the deck it’s so good.

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Folks, I want to warn you before you order the Chalice Retro that you could be charged $36 or more for Customs and tax and brokerage fees. I was charged that amount because Customs decided to inspect the Mark Bugs package and wala they found an atomizer. This brought the FDA in also. So, be prepared if customs decides to check the package.:( So, I will now have a $151.00 atomizer, oops!

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Folks, I want to warn you before you order the Chalice Retro that you could be charged $36 or more for Customs and tax and brokerage fees. I was charged that amount because Customs decided to inspect the Mark Bugs package and wala they found an atomizer. This brought the FDA in also. So, be prepared if customs decides to check the package.:( So, I will now have a $151.00 atomizer, oops!
Wow is that what happened? I guess I just got lucky that they didn’t open mine.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Wow is that what happened? I guess I just got lucky that they didn’t open mine.
In Canada, they charge you $20 just for looking at it, whether or not duty/tax is to be applied. This has happened to me about a dozen times. It's hit or miss with no apparent predictability.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
In Canada, they charge you $20 just for looking at it, whether or not duty/tax is to be applied. This has happened to me about a dozen times. It's hit or miss with no apparent predictability.
Customs Actually called me and grilled me about what was inside. I just told them it was ss parts ( which is what Mark bugs labels it as) and they grilled me more and then I said it was parts to a modified switch. :D I’m sneaky and got lucky.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA

I guess that just might be what we should expect from all shipments from outside the USA in the future. My last order I ordered from Cream De vape, the customs label was labeled as threaded metal and plastic parts, and it was a mod, received it on Monday with no extra charges. I am glad because it was already expensive enough as it was, I guess I also was lucky. :unsure:

KAS

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
Well, built my regular coil, put it on the
Retro and found that it is quite similar to the Divo and Cyclone.The Retro has a better deck set up with a little more room. But, as far as the vaping, I find it just like the other two attys' mentioned.
As Papa Lazarou stated earlier, the machining is outstanding. Would I buy it again, probably! Status, status, status!!

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Well, built my regular coil, put it on the
Retro and found that it is quite similar to the Divo and Cyclone.The Retro has a better deck set up with a little more room. But, as far as the vaping, I find it just like the other two attys' mentioned.
As Papa Lazarou stated earlier, the machining is outstanding. Would I buy it again, probably! Status, status, status!!
I do a spaced coil about equal distance from posts and lip of deck. I make sure the bottom of the coil is 1mm above the lip of the deck! Remember really short wicks because you can squonk forever on this one without worrying about leaking.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I have never had any problem with leaks as regards the Chalices. I use micro coils and Right X primarily. Will use cotton on occasion, however, after using RightX for many years I tend to forget to squonk with cotton. Just saying!
I’ve never had a chalice leak either but what I meant to say was you can literally squonk all the way up to the drip tip and overflow at the top before you’d have any leaks lol

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
5D2B5FD8-B294-43F3-8DC0-E997617A6145.png
BDDD1B57-03CA-4C81-AD65-3181A0D72480.png
Here’s what I got going on; well last week. I’ve made a few adjustments but you get the idea lol

Last edited:

olefolks

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Lewisville, TX, USA
lol, oh the chalice. Well, like I said earlier it vapes almost identical to my cyclones and divos which to me is as good as it gets. I have some Cotton Bacon in it right now so I'm over cautious about burning the cotton since being used to RightX. For me, with the Retro, Chalice III, Cyclones, and Divos I'm set for Attys. Gonna sell my authentic O-16. Not my style!

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
lol, oh the chalice. Well, like I said earlier it vapes almost identical to my cyclones and divos which to me is as good as it gets. I have some Cotton Bacon in it right now so I'm over cautious about burning the cotton since being used to RightX. For me, with the Retro, Chalice III, Cyclones, and Divos I'm set for Attys. Gonna sell my authentic O-16. Not my style!
What? No the o-16 single coil with the smallest air hole open is the bomb! I’m glad you like it. You should try rayon; way better than cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread