Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I don't buy the argument that having decent flavoring in vape juice means we're marketing to kids.

But these look like they cross the line, to me. Yes, I'm sure that some adults will like them, too, but overall, they look like a kids toy. At the very least, these will give a lot of ammunition to the anti-vape crowd, and that's bad news for everyone who vapes.

These are being sold by a vape shop in a Dallas suburb, and they are posting about them online.

10299157_272097679639582_286757460496551715_n_zps4aca32ac.jpg

10310524_274210402761643_1793722176021928580_n_zps28b926be.jpg

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I know the name of the shop that is selling them, but I don't like the idea of giving them any form of advertising.

Well maybe don't bother post on a forum?

Sorry; it's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when people post stuff and seem to want to hide the significant bits of information.

Surely there's lurkers and others here from dallas and if they know the shop they might just pop in themselves to see it and maybe say a word to the owner.

Last edited:

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
I don't want to encourage people to "pop in" to that shop, because I think they are hurting our cause. I'm curious if these look as bad to other vapers as they do to me.

You're shielding them, unfortunately. You volunteer the pictures, but not the name. If I saw something like this being offered at one of my suppliers, I'd feel obligated to say something to them. If, for some reason, they're unaware of the impact of selling devices like this, they may actually appreciate the heads-up.

rurwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2014
Leicester, UK
This smells to me very much like the Hello Kitty AK47 -- a one off custom job that has been blown up out of all proportion.

Now show me the bit where the shop owner has racks of hundreds of these and is selling them to kids.

It is not a problem if there are one or two of these around. The problem comes when they are being sold to kids. Ill-advised? Maybe. But sometimes you've got to do something ill-advised just to make life worth living. If we cared that much, we'd stop making bubble-gum-flavour eliquid even if we like the taste.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I agree this could give ammo to our enemies but parents should keep their kids away from such things. I guess an adult wouldn't dare watch Superman or Spider-Man, let alone wear their t-shirts either.

It's all just nonsense! There's not a sane vendor out there that would sale one of those to a child!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread