Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
(I started this in another sub-forum by accident. Reposting here, since this looks like the correct spot.)

I don't buy the argument that having decent flavoring in vape juice means we're marketing to kids.

But these look like they cross the line, to me. Yes, I'm sure that some adults will like them, too, but overall, they look like a kids toy. At the very least, these will give a lot of ammunition to the anti-vape crowd, and that's bad news for everyone who vapes.

These are being sold by a vape shop in a Dallas suburb, and they are posting about them online.

10299157_272097679639582_286757460496551715_n_zps4aca32ac.jpg

10310524_274210402761643_1793722176021928580_n_zps28b926be.jpg

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I suppose they are going after the X-Man and Marvel crowd.

Plenty of adults go to see those movies.

However, it certainly could be used against us.

Of course it could, and will be used against us. It's not a matter of what should be aloud, in a perfect world it woud'nt be a problem, but that's not the situation we're in,it's almost as though whoever puts this stuff on the market is anti ecig considering the situation. Either that or so dumb I would'nt have anything to do with them. It's embarrassing being even remotely associated with that kind of idiocy.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Im 38 years old and I still read and collect comics. These are right up my alley! I guess everything we adults use should just be black, white, or shades of grey. Maybe that'll make everyone feel better. Cause lord knows we adults shouldnt have fun, or have anything cool!

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

spartanstew

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I suppose they are going after the X-Man and Marvel crowd.

Plenty of adults go to see those movies.

Yes, including me. In fact I saw the new X-Men today. But I don't have spiderman underwear or dolls or anything else. My 8 year old, however, has a room full of Spiderman stuff.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
These are being sold by a vape shop in a Dallas suburb, and they are posting about them online.

Which begs the question, did you confront/challenge/logically argue against such retailing with the shop? Have you joined the CASAA, written your 'goobermental' representatives, etc...
dontknow.gif

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
If there's one thing the lord knows, it's that collecting comic book stuff as an adult is about as far from cool as you can get.

It absolutely is as far as you can get! Im a self acknowledged geek/nerd. Im cool with it, I dont mind. Its something me and my stepson can do together. Sorry if that makes me uncool...

Doesnt change the fact the it seems that if ecigs and liquid aren't "plain" then theyre for kids! I guess my Zombie Provari mini is for kids since its brightly colored! After all adults dont like zombies!

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
Well I can see why a kid would like those devices: but if it’s only the very occasional device that comes as novel as the ones shown then I don’t see why not personally.

As long as they don’t become to mainstream, mainly because tbh the devices do look a bit….silly. And I do like Batman and Spiderman, but I wouldn’t be seen dead vaping something as stupid as those things.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

Okay.

Do we know that kids are allowed into this shop, and that these designs are not playing into adult nostalgia?

Suppose that is true. These devices would then have to be used in the absence of kids. Too bad.

Last edited:

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Batman is DC... Just sayin'. :p

Personally I like the Batman one... and yes I am a girl!

But I don't like the thought of a child seeing one and thinking "Ooh Mommy get me one" or "Hey I can sneak Mom's/Dad's credit card and buy one". Children shouldn't vape and that is that. The FDA would come down on Vaping like the wrath of God. If I saw my kid (if'n I had one that is) vaping I'd give him a good ol' fashioned .... whoopin'.:mad:

*Steps down off of high horse*

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
    Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    It absolutely is as far as you can get! Im a self acknowledged geek/nerd. Im cool with it, I dont mind. Its something me and my stepson can do together. Sorry if that makes me uncool...

Doesnt change the fact the it seems that if ecigs and liquid aren't "plain" then theyre for kids! I guess my Zombie Provari mini is for kids since its brightly colored! After all adults dont like zombies!

See, the thing is, it isn't about you.

Its about people that will use anything against us.

If you have a child, then you are old enough to know about human nature - and why we vapers should be on our proverbial best behavior right now.

I am sure you can imagine a local news nightline style hit piece about this.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread