Marlboro is giving out Juul coupons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Think kids shouldn't smoke, and yet when you were a kid you smoked, I'd be extra careful with your judgments on that.
I never understood this argument by anyone, about anything. Parents are hypocritical for trying to prevent their kids from making the same mistakes they did? Honestly, that's the argument you most often hear from the teenagers themselves.

I don't know how any thinking person would criticize me or any parent for not wanting my kids to have lots of unprotected sex, do really dangerous drugs, drink to the point of blackouts and drive, or any of the (long list of) other stupid stuff I did as a teenager. That's actually a big part of what being a parent is - taking the knowledge of learned experiences and wisdom, and helping guide your children's lives to be better than yours. It's not hypocrisy at all.

Following that logic, there aren't any adults out there that didn't pee and crap their pants at some point as children. Yet, we hypocritically choose to potty train our own.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So mine putty trained himself. It's called modeling and intelligence. By the time he had seen enough adults use it he figured it out. I also don't understand adults who like a big production like "you will never see me on the can but I will get you a singing toilet." I mean really the easiest way is to DEMONSTRATE. Not that I had much choice really mine followed me everywhere.

This is also why I told my kid I would bail him out of jail ONCE and pay for a lawyer ONCE. I figured he would go through an antisocial phase, modeled more really after my ex. He also got to go to rehab but I mainly sent him there so he'd be in a safe place, because it takes awhile to recover from 16 hits of acid and jail, etc. It's mot like he did not KOW he had been going to al a teen, AA meetings (with me) he knew how it WORKED technically anyway.

But yes it is total hypocrisy. It actually was ALSO modeling, not genetics. The kid is pretty low on the addictive scale he just made it his mission to try every psychedelic he could with a very bad decision on like dosing and a MINDER who gave him his car keys when he whined enough.

I am glad I bailed him out and provider a lawyer. The process itself is SO AVERSIVE that even with all that help, the kid is now a nice, law abiding citizen.

I mean ,I was a wild woman for a long time, I don't think the ex ever STOPPED. I expected a horrific young adulthood and was surprised he got it over with nice and early.

Oooh… perhaps just like I let him see me PEE, he was exposed to sobriety and lack thereof from a very young age. I did not see the point of hiding it, the good, the bad the ugly.

Anna

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I would feel the same way. It's a bit like buying smack and finding an address inside of the local rehab.
:lol:......There's something a bit similar going on with safe injection sites. You go in to safely shoot your dope and they offer you options for rehabilitation. Personally, I see that as a positive function of injection sites. Unfortunately, over here we have Puritans who think it encourages drug use. I say to them, "You can see the dark or you can see the light. Pick one!"

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
It was such an odd thing to get the Marlboro coupons; never smoked those or was part of the company's rewards program. For some reason I thought mailing the coupons was illegal now. Couldn't make myself pif the coupons so tossed them.
You just jolted my memory. I gave my coupons to a friend struggling to survive financially and he cashed them in for a Marlboro jacket to survive the winter.

ETA: He smoked Newports:rolleyes:
vke78m-i.jpg

Last edited:

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
We all suffer from the perception that vaping is dominated by Big Tobacco. It's what makes it so easy for laypeople to condemn vaping. We see ourselves as a community that invented an effective grassroots tobacco-cessation method where the medical industry failed. And we're rightly proud of that. It feels like Juul stole it, corrupted it, and the only part we get to share is the backlash.

This is exactly how it feels, and people are seriously buying into the fear mongering that is taking place. I do not want to buy ANY product put out by big tobacco because I do not trust big tobacco. They messed around so much with cigarettes, what's to say they wouldn't do exactly the same thing with vape and then gobble up the market? I buy from small companies with a history and happily wait for my packages to arrive.

I had someone hand me a Vuse coupon in a store and I threw it out. I am not going to use the product because I don't trust the liquid in the product. I don't trust anything about them and I would prefer they stay far away from vaping and vape products.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
This is exactly how it feels, and people are seriously buying into the fear mongering that is taking place. I do not want to buy ANY product put out by big tobacco because I do not trust big tobacco. They messed around so much with cigarettes, what's to say they wouldn't do exactly the same thing with vape and then gobble up the market? I buy from small companies with a history and happily wait for my packages to arrive.

I had someone hand me a Vuse coupon in a store and I threw it out. I am not going to use the product because I don't trust the liquid in the product. I don't trust anything about them and I would prefer they stay far away from vaping and vape products.
I feel the same way. I wouldn't let it touch my lips. I had enough experience with cig a' likes to know that I probably wouldn't enjoy any of those commercial ecigs.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, it's better than the IQOS.

However, like the IQOS it tells us where things are going.

IDK why, but I always thought Marlboros in their quintessential American way had the BEST lobbyists. Etc.

I was also very offended to discover, during the brief period I was importing Marlboros from Russia that they save the BEST tobacco for the Europeans.

I mean, this is RUSSA we are talking and they get the good stuff, and we got the sweepings off the cutting room floor.

If someone offered me a Marlboro Russian I would have a hard time saying no. But yes, I think it's clear where this is going.

I a Juul and a pack of Marlboros were all I had to choose from I would take the juul if only it wasn't so PG high. I'm not too proud to admit it. Sigh.

Anna

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
I was also very offended to discover, during the brief period I was importing Marlboros from Russia that they save the BEST tobacco for the Europeans.

Its a different product in other countries. The Brazil and Canadian versions are nothing like the USA versions.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
You just jolted my memory. I gave my coupons to a friend struggling to survive financially and he cashed them in for a Marlboro jacket to survive the winter.

ETA: He smoked Newports:rolleyes:
vke78m-i.jpg

I got the ski jacket and I still use it, probably have had it for over 30 yrs :)

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Sigh, I wanted that leather jacket. I got 2 leather backpacks instead. Plus every zippo, tshirt or bag they put out. And can't forget the double hammock, 2 smokers and 2 dart boards. My DH and I smoked a lot of Marlboros!
Now I just want to vape in peace. Is that too much to ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread