RDA Marquis RDA by Avid Vaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see a post regarding this new atty so I thought I'd start my first thread :) Just ordered this bad boy the other day, looks similar to the Veritas but with additional features making it easier to build your coils. Bit pricey but meh why not. While I wait I thought I'd get input from forum folks that have had experience with it, thoughts/opinions/like/dislike?

Attachments

• 10487278_10204249106741773_5497547124902677098_n.jpg
    10487278_10204249106741773_5497547124902677098_n.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

Brettanomyces

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Pacific Northwest
I like the coil building tools it comes with, the center post design, and that it has two air holes so you have one for each coil but the main feature of the Veritas is the way it's designed to prevent leaking and I don't think the Marguis will do nearly as well in that regard. I watched Busardo's review on it and he seemed to like it so I'm sure it's not a dud, I'm curious how the flavor is on it.

Yes it does include the coil wrapping tools, it also has holes in the juice well that they fit into to help you get the coil set right.

Last edited:
Did it actually include rods to wind coils? If so, nice touch. I have a Veritas clone in the mail (for it's unique design), so I'm off to research this now. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah they give you 4 rods (2x2.5/3mm & 2x3.5/4mm) and in the base of the atty there is a slot where you put the rods in vertically so you can secure your coil a lot easier. I've also seen a chimney build on it which I have to try. It's just a really thoughtful feature which I think will be copied/cloned, also the positive post is designed like a crown which makes it easier again to secure your wire.

Last edited:
I like the coil building tools it comes with, the center post design, and that it has two air holes so you have one for each coil but the main feature of the Veritas is the way it's designed to prevent leaking and I don't think the Marguis will do nearly as well in that regard. I watched Busardo's review on it and he seemed to like it so I'm sure it's not a dud, I'm curious how the flavor is on it.

Yes it does include the coil wrapping tools, it also has holes in the juice well that they fit into to help you get the coil set right.

I think it will be relatively leak resistant but I guess I'll have to wait and see, as long as the airholes are facing away I don't see why not.

Brettanomyces

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Pacific Northwest
With the Veritas you don't really have to worry how you set it down because it's designed to move the liquid away from the airhole, the Marquis doesn't look as forgiving. It seems like they tried to improve on the Veritas and likely succeeded but at the expense of the main feature which just seems odd.

I think it looks like a nice RDA and with the deep juice wells leaking shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway. Enjoy!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
With the Veritas you don't really have to worry how you set it down because it's designed to move the liquid away from the airhole, the Marquis doesn't look as forgiving. It seems like they tried to improve on the Veritas and likely succeeded but at the expense of the main feature which just seems odd.

I think it looks like a nice RDA and with the deep juice wells leaking shouldn't be too much of an issue anyway. Enjoy!

Yeah, they kind of "missed" the leak resistant feature of the Veritas. Still looks like a great atty. I watched a vid and maybe it was the guys giant 4mm ID build, or the insane amount of cotton he used, but it doesn't look like will hold nearly as much juice. Not really an issue for me, since I drip to drip, but I know some like their drippers to hold a lot.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
just got my marquis yesterday and the flavour is awesome.

got a question though.
how do i take off the atty without removing the top cap?
twisting it just adjusts the airflow lol.
sorry if its a stupid question.

Not sure if its the same for the Marquis, but with my veritas I sometimes have to push down while unscrewing so I'm not just adjusting the airflow.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
This as been the only thing I vape since I got it, every thing else as been sitting in a box. I love it alot

To unscrew it without removing the top cap I usually "pry" it very gently to one side as I unscrew that enables the top cap to bite on the deck a little better.

One issue I have though is that I've been using it exclusively in single coil mode. Last time I rebuilt it I tried a dual setup but could not get it to work. I think that I have over tightened the top screw in single coil mode therefore bending it ever so slightly on the side that grab the wire so when I went to do my dual coil, one side of the screw just wont bite down on the wire. So I keep using it as a single coil atty.... Which is the way I prefer anyways.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
This as been the only thing I vape since I got it, every thing else as been sitting in a box. I love it alot

To unscrew it without removing the top cap I usually "pry" it very gently to one side as I unscrew that enables the top cap to bite on the deck a little better.

One issue I have though is that I've been using it exclusively in single coil mode. Last time I rebuilt it I tried a dual setup but could not get it to work. I think that I have over tightened the top screw in single coil mode therefore bending it ever so slightly on the side that grab the wire so when I went to do my dual coil, one side of the screw just wont bite down on the wire. So I keep using it as a single coil atty.... Which is the way I prefer anyways.

Just tried it but didn't work.
Oh well. Not that big of an issue.
Only done 1 build on it so far and its a single coil.
Will probably try a dual next but pretty sure i'll go back to single.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
how do you guys wick it?
do you all use the method pbusardo uses?
thats what i've been doing but i use less cotton as compared to my other rdas or i wouldnt be able to push it down the coil

I've only done single coil on mine. Cut about 1/8"-3/16" strip of cotton, pull the thick side off, try to push it in, pull a little strand off so it does go in the coil. Cut the wicks and like Phil I take one of the leftover ends and line the bottom of the empty side.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I got the Marquis clone from Tobeco last week. It is a very well made clone. At first I was enraged because the coil building post seemed super wobbly. Then I noticed that it was just the opposite to fit it in all the way you actually have to use a tool and tap them into place....so actually they were very snug. They have loosened up a bit and now you can push them in with your fingers without having to tap them in. The Marquis vapes exactly like the Veritas for me, but it is in no way a leak proof device.

Also I really don't get the drip tip base design of it. The darn thing just pops out all the time when putting in the pocket and sometimes even during normal vaping. I fixed this issue by taking out the washer off the drip tip base and just got some sewing thread and kept wrapping so that the base would only fit on top of the atty with it having to be tapped in by a precision hammer. No I can't remove the drip tip base and it is locked in....I mean I would have to pop it out by force.

I think people who have a hard time building dual coils on the Veritas will favor the Marquis since it is literally ten times easier to build and get good results, other wise I give the over all edge to the Veritas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread