Marriott Fines Guest for Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to thank everyone on this thread for your comments, some negative, some positive. I want to thank Steve who first made my story public, because of you all I have now disputed the charge with my credit card. I have also sent hard copies of all my emails from Marriott customer care to Mr. Bob Marriott together with a letter explaining my concerns. I sent a copy of that letter to the hotel in North Carolina. Now I am done, and I will see what happens. Thats all folks.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I want to thank everyone on this thread for your comments, some negative, some positive. I want to thank Steve who first made my story public, because of you all I have now disputed the charge with my credit card. I have also sent hard copies of all my emails from Marriott customer care to Mr. Bob Marriott together with a letter explaining my concerns. I sent a copy of that letter to the hotel in North Carolina. Now I am done, and I will see what happens. Thats all folks.

Good for you!! That's a lot of money for no real reason.

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
Halle-freakin-lujah!!!!

I for one am glad you decided to stand up for your rights, and in turn for those of everyone after you! As you see, there is MUCH support here and we all look forward to hearing the resolution!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I want to thank Steve who first made my story public, because of you all I have now disputed the charge with my credit card.

You have no idea how many folk are rooting for you! thumbsup.gif

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut

Good for you MaryAnn. I could understand why you were reluctant to dispute the charge with your CC due to the fact you had admitted using the ecig although you hadn't admitted smoking. Even though you were right and they were wrong and you were getting nowhere even though facts were in your favor. Now at least they have to take a fresh look at things, possibly with their eyes open. :)

Errol

Last edited:

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
Right on! You go girl!!!!

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Tonight on Click, Bang!

I just spoke on the phone with Mary Ann, the woman who stayed at the Marriott and was fined for using her ecig. I'll tell her story with Steve K.

Also, we will discuss the situation with Box Elder and their nicotine eliquid issues.

Tonight at 9PM EST

VapersPlace | VP Live

Call in number to participate: 347-308-8329

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
I dont quite get where any of this equates to fear...fear of what?! To second Iffy, it is quite simply supporting someone who was taken advantage of, and standing up to those that did so.

Over three thousand hits on this thread in just three days. Even in the ECF, fear is the reigning king.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I dont quite get where any of this equates to fear...fear of what?! To second Iffy, it is quite simply supporting someone who was taken advantage of, and standing up to those that did so.

I agree. I'm not so annoyed with Marriott deciding they don't want people vaping in their rooms. That's their decision (it's stupid IMO, but their decision). What I'm not okay with is them making up the rules as they go along. If it's not okay to vape in the rooms, and they are going to smack people with a $250 fine because of it, then it needs to be spelled out in their policies. Since vaping is not smoking, then the no smoking rules that are spelled out do not apply to vaping.

I agree. I'm not so annoyed with Marriott deciding they don't want people vaping in their rooms. That's their decision (it's stupid IMO, but their decision). What I'm not okay with is them making up the rules as they go along. If it's not okay to vape in the rooms, and they are going to smack people with a $250 fine because of it, then it needs to be spelled out in their policies. Since vaping is not smoking, then the no smoking rules that are spelled out do not apply to vaping.
that is exactly IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread