Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Cigarettes which are known to cause cancer will still be widely available...they left that off.

Yeah... But who wants to Give Up $3.51 for every pack of Smokes sold in Massachusetts?

That would be Silly.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
With the Mass Hysteria at a Boiling Point, apparently, as well as the "We must do something and we must do it now .." Political Spin .. anyone in the Gear / Liquid business should have been on high alert and, at least, come up with a contingency plan ..

The snowball seems to be rolling down the hill and gaining speed and size ..

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
iu

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So flavor ban wasn't enough. Now everything. I really hope someone files a suit in federal court soon. This ability to place an instant freeze on an entire industry over a "health emergency" that all evidence points to the result of an adulterated and still illegal product is a complete abuse of power.

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
Man... Someone just sent me the Same Link. What kinda Blows Me Away that this is supposed to be an Immediate Ban.

I guess if you work in a Vape shop, that you are SOL getting a Paycheck Next Week.

Or if you are an Owner, and this is your Only source of Income.

:facepalm:
All I can wonder is “is that even legal”.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
So flavor ban wasn't enough. Now everything. I really hope someone files a suit in federal court soon. This ability to place an instant freeze on an entire industry over a "health emergency" that all evidence points to the result of an adulterated and still illegal product is a complete abuse of power.

I'd have to say that unless the ACLU steps in, Lawyering Up can be costly .. if Vape Shops were somehow connected thru a Guild of some sort, a single organization that each member contributed to on a Nationwide basis and had done so long enough for a Legal Defense Fund of some size to be accumulated ..

At the same time, the ability of the Politicos at the Head of the Table to declare an Emergency does, I believe, give them some pretty broad and likely uncontestable power .. at least on the short term ..

The bigger problem is, even a 4 month ban will likely nuke most Vape Shops in Mass. as a Small Business Owner depends on cash flow, and, if the cash don't flow, the bills don't go .. the second biggest problem is, this sets a tone for other Governors who may be contemplating action as well ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I Can't Imagine that a Court would allow a Zero Sell-Off Ban.

In the case of a declared "Public Health Emergency" .. I'd guess turning off the lights and locking up are about the only short term options, when the word "immediate" is used ..

"The ban, which takes effect immediately and runs through January 25, 2020, prohibits the sale of nicotine, flavored, non-flavored, and marijuana vaping products. "

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
To clarify, or maybe confuse, this is a policy to be taken to the public health board or whoever in MA does that stuff to seek a 4 month ban. From what I've seen no order was signed today. But I'm sure there's lots out there I haven't seen so can anyone clarify that issue? Pretty big difference to say wants to than already has.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
To clarify, or maybe confuse, this is a policy to be taken to the public health board or whoever in MA does that stuff to seek a 4 month ban. From what I've seen no order was signed today. But I'm sure there's lots out there I haven't seen so can anyone clarify that issue? Pretty big difference to say wants to than already has.

It seemed pretty clear to me, unless I'm reading it wrong or you have another News source ..

"Declaring a public health emergency in light of vape-related illnesses, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker issued a four-month ban on the sale of vaping products in the Commonwealth. "

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It seemed pretty clear to me, unless I'm reading it wrong or you have another News source ..

"Declaring a public health emergency in light of vape-related illnesses, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker issued a four-month ban on the sale of vaping products in the Commonwealth. "

Another story on wnbc had this in it
He is requesting a four-month ban on selling vaping-related products, both in person and online, from the Public Health Council, in an attempt to better study the growing alternative to smoking cigarettes.

Mass. Governor Declares Emergency Over Vaping, Calls for Temporary Ban on Vape Products

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
6256f0d4752d1bdcabd62bd49628520b.jpg

I don’t even vape anymore, but this ban is infuriating. It has nothing to do with all the people getting sick and/or dying from black market THC carts. They just used it to push an agenda they’ve had a hard time getting people on board with for years. The health commissioner even told the news this is to prevent children from becoming addicted to nicotine. Attached picture is from this story Gov. Baker Issues Temporary Ban On Vaping Products, Declares Health Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread